Run, Fatty, Run… Thanks To JD Sports I Will Be!

This has been a summer of excess…

Food, booze and men… and none of them leave a particularly nice after taste!

So many things have happened recently that have certainly made me take a step back to rethink ‘life’ as I know it. Albeit everything for the most part is settled, there are a few trivial things that could do with a shake up… including the ‘full moon ass’.

There is only one thing for it… I have decided to start running!

Yes, ok, thanks for that shocked face you are currently making… it is true! No, I am not being chased by zombies (yet) nor plastic cables ties (again), I have just come to the realisation that it is ‘the’ thing to do!

Is it just me who has noticed everyone running at the moment? I cannot drive down the road without almost running several runners over, or having them rudely interrupt my dog walks as they pass by in an oblivious haze. It appears every man who partakes in online dating also runs, even my matey Heather has taken part in several marathons this year and looks amazing for it. Could running actually be the exercise elixer? The one thing that is finally going to rid me of my troublesome behind and hips? Ask me in a few weeks and I shall tell you!

For the moment I am going to be starting with the Couch to 5k app… at the gym, so that I do not get these absolutely stunning Pink Adidas Energy Boost 2 running trainers from JD SportsΒ dirty (I am slightly weird like that; Heather has given up on me!) – they very kindly donated the pair to me in order to give my ass the swift kick it needed.

Adidas Energy Boost 2

So now I have no option but to go through with pounding the pavement treadmill and hopefully watch as the poundage drops off me in my weight loss journey. As a previous short distance runner, long distance is going to be a literal uphill struggle. Not Β only that but I will be combining this with the Almased diet at the same time, so expect me to be a grouchy moose, with very tired legs and complaints of aches and pains in places I never knew existed.

Stick with me to see how I do and how long I can keep the stunning pink trainers clean for!

Thanks JD Sports!

• S1m says:

Well… sorry matey… but I am not changing my post for you! In my mind you did run marathons… take it and run with it… I made you sound awesome πŸ˜‰ x
      I know, I know, you have already scoffed at me… just don’t make me go running in the rain ok?!

1. mummy barrow says:

Wow, those are fab. I am thinking it is about time I bit the bullet and stopped making excuses. I need to get running, but dont have a treadmill and cant face joining a gym so it would have to be out on the road for me.

• S1m says:

I was always like that about the gym, but actually I quite like going now, it’s my time away from it all and I certainly feel better walking out of there than I did when walking in!

• S1m says:

Aww thank you Donna and sorry to hear that, it does mean you can laugh at my inability to run properly and look like a flapping goose instead! πŸ˜‰

• S1m says:

Exactly! They may as well have go faster stripes on them, though have been informed I am not to run too fast as I will burn out… so walking slightly faster than I normally walk then *long legs*

• S1m says:

Same here – the mirror is no longer being kind to me but there is only myself that can do something about it – want to lose weight especially with Christmas upon us as it will be a feast fest!

2. Sonya Cisco says:

I keep considering Couch to 5k, but then coming up with as many lame excuses as I can not to actually bite the bullet and do it! Go you!

• S1m says:

It doesn’t look as bad as you would think it is, plus the handy music element means I can pound away to my favourite tunes… πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

That is amazing Penny! I’ve checked out how it progresses each week and I can see it will work – just a case of if my legs think the same!

• S1m says:

A Bloggy running club is a fantastic idea! There are so many hints and tips… I never knew how indepth it actually was… would be great to be motivated by other people too! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

They are absolutely stunning, I just do not want to get them dirty by running out and about – will definitely stick to the gym until I know I can do it!

3. Alice Hassall says:

The title of this post just made me proper LOL

I love the pink! I need to get my butt in gear and start running but I look like a right tit when I do so I panic people are laughing hahahaha

• S1m says:

I know!! I am slightly worried that I will resemble Phoebe from Friends – but if everyone else is doing it… surely they will not be looking at me πŸ˜‰

4. Pingback: Race For Life: Starting The Running Preparations - Sim's Life