Weight Loss Wednesday: Week One #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday

The New Year has started in earnest and unfortunately for me, so has my new diet. This will be a regular Weight Loss Wednesday feature with linky – run alongside the Musing Housewife. If you are on a health kick too, have any recipes, exercise tips etc, feel free to join us in our journey!

I was fairly good over Christmas and New Year with regards to eating and drinking, knowing full well January would be a shock to the old system otherwise! Managing to maintain weight over Christmas is extremely difficult due to the fact that every highly calorific food item is thrust in your face… and who can resist? Clearly I did!

Onwards and downwards though and I am happy that in the first week of January I have already lost 4lbs… this is a good start towards my goal of losing a stone by the end of January… I must remember, it can be done!

So, how have I managed this loss and how will I be ensuring I continue on my weight loss journey to reach my target? With the help of…

• Weight Watchers – I started on the diet in January 2013 and went on to lose almost 3 stone that year. My freezer is stocked up with WW meals again and I am restricting my daily food intake accordingly.
  • MyFitnessPal – luckily this has stored all my details from the last time I used the app. It’s fantastic for tracking your weight loss, food intake, calories, exercise etc – a must have app for anyone on a health kick!
  • No alcoholic beverages or carbonated drinks – actually this is probably the easiest part of my diet! I am not missing alcohol or cheeky cans of Pepsi Max and as such have already seen a difference in my tummy from not being as bloated!
  • Exercise – I had the crazy notion that Insanity was going to get me through, have you tried the DVD? It is exactly that… Insane! I am slowly working my way through , sweating buckets must be a good thing right? On top of that I am also utilising my exercise bike during the day and going to the gym – back to the Couch 2 5K… I am hiding from the personal trainer!
  • Giving up the thinking sticks – I have rather randomly and quietly given up smoking, it had been coming for a while, so I thought ‘what the hell!’. Normally this would result in weight gain due to the habit of hand to mouth, however, with the aid of my e-cig I am getting by quite easily!
  • My lovely mates – as you can see, I am running this weekly Weigh In Wednesday linky with Beth over at the Musing Housewife. Her journey will be a little different to mine as she will be on Slimming World. I love Weight Watchers as I am aware of what I can get away with on any particular day, so for me it will be interesting to see how Slimming World actually works.

January is ‘the’ month to start a health kick, have you started one? Would be great to hear from you and find out how you are getting on, so please feel free to join in with our weekly weight loss linky!

Come back next week to see how we are all getting on with our weight loss!

get the InLinkz code

Inlinkz | Get script

• S1m says:

Abolutely! Having lost weight on Weight Watchers before and maintained, I certainly know I can do it again – just need to put more effort in with the exercise and stay away from carbonated drinks! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Thanks Lorane! I have previously followed Weight Watchers and managed to lose almost 3 stone and maintained as best I can. Starting again has been easy – loving the health kick this time around and will keep on it as long as I can. πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Yey Alissa! Epic, I have never heard of Kayla Itsines – if you are going to blog about your journey, don’t forget to link up to the weekly linky! Would be great to follow your progress!x

• S1m says:

Thanks Fernando, yes I am… unfortunately I am not getting any younger. Having done the diet before I am fully aware it works… just need to stay away from booze this time! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Ha ha ha! Erm… no, not in the slightest LOL! You would however see that I am a sweaty mess! I was doing really well, was moving onto week 4 and then the PT changed my program, struggling to get back into it again. It will all come together! πŸ™‚

1. Emma says:

Loved this super positive post! Good luck with everything! I need to lose a bit of weight and have grand plans for morning yoga before work. I might start tomorrow! (I always say that!) πŸ˜€

• S1m says:

Ahhhh the P90X is on the same lines I believe – that is a fantastic weight loss so far! Moving onto a new day of the schedule tonight, am looking forward to it. It really gets you sweating in places you never assumed would sweat. Many thanks for linking up and keep us updated on your progress, especially with P90X!xx

• S1m says:

Thanks Chantelle – will certainly be trying your recipe this weekend – looks super yummy and filling! Just what I need for a change!

• S1m says:

Ohhh great news on the running! I never wanted to start but I actually enjoy it! The linky will be a weekly link up – if you write any posts about your running feel free to link up! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

So far it’s all going well and I have lost an extra pound. I don’t do things by halves – doing so much keeps my mind occupied for sure!

• S1m says:

That’s the problem Fred… as we get older, it gets harder to shake the weight off – so I am stepping up a gear to get a grip on it… hope it works! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Thanks chick – I am doing well, easier to give something up when you are bored of it rather than be forced! πŸ™‚ I have not succumbed yet!

2. Eliz Frank says:

Bravo on your successes to date! I’m glad that you’ve chosen to stick to the program you followed. I bought the Insanity Video and watch it once. Haha! Here’s to an awesome year.

• S1m says:

Everything is going well at the moment, just hoping it all lasts. The weight coming off is definitely motivation in itself! Insanity is proper crazy! Eek!

• S1m says:

Absolutely! It is the best time to start a health kick – you have a fresh outlook on everything and it is easier to remain motivated!

• S1m says:

Thank you so much lovely!! πŸ™‚ It is definitely a long journey but chipping away constantly definitely helps! πŸ™‚ Thank you for letting me link up! πŸ™‚ x

• S1m says:

Wow! That is epic weight loss Kath! Thank you so much for linking up, will be great to see your progress on the 5:2 diet, it’s totally alien to me but am always interested in finding out more! You have proved that it does work – a definite ‘thinspiration’ πŸ™‚ xx

3. Karen Gribbon says:

I’m also trying to lose some weight. But I’m going gluten and dairy free for a while to see if it helps my weight management and annoying occasional upset tummy. I’d thyroid cancer 2 years ago and weight has been a real bugger since then. Anyways, will watch your journey with interest.
    Karen Gribbon recently posted…#wickedwednesdays Where’s Molly?My Profile

• S1m says:

It will be interesting to see your journey Karen, if you blog about it, please do link up and let us know how you are getting on! Hope all is well now and good luck on your journey xx

• S1m says:

Thank you! Yes, I am definitely feeling motivated with it all and looking forward to seeing my scales go down… bring on the next week! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Thanks so much Amy!! Absolutely – it’s all about motivating each other – we all have the same end goals, just different journeys to get there and it’s nice to read how everyone is getting on. Good luck with your journey and look forward to linking up with you again! << not as dodgy as it sounds! x