Weight Loss Wednesday – Week Two #WeightLossWednesday

A week has gone by and again it is time for #WeightLossWednesday!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about everyone’s weight loss journeys, whether it be a diet such as 5:2, or simply weight loss through a different exercise routine. There is so much enthusiasm around at the moment and it’s great to see, certainly keeps me motivated to stay on track for the long haul. Thank you to those who joined in last week’s linky!

This last week… what have I been up to?

Weight Watchers – I was delighted to finally try the Weight Watchers Soft Malted Danish bread… at only 51 calories/1 point per slice as opposed to 183 calories in Mission Deli Wheat and White wrap… that is quite a few calories and points saved! It has been quiet easy to get back into the Weight Watchers way of life and sticking to my Points allowance is quite easy, if anything I am under the allowance. I think my points are 35 per day… which is actually quite a lot if you eat carefully, especially when you factor in the extra 49 points you are allowed per week!

Weight Watchers Ham Salad Sandwich

Food – Following the Weight Watchers diet is simple, especially when eating their WW brand as everything is clearly labelled with the Point content. However I have not been totally strict… I did allow myself a takeaway on Saturday with a can of Pepsi whilst over with friends. It was a much needed treat and spurred me on… to not eat another one just yet. Funny how you have to have something to realise you don’t actually miss it! I also tried vegetarian sausages from Goodlife… more to come! Still no alcohol since the New Year’s Eve and only 1 can of Pepsi… chilled water is definitely my beverage of choice these days! I have also signed up to Abel & Cole (good offer at the moment!) for a fruit and veg box… more in next week’s post!

Goodlife Vegetarian Sausages

Exercise – Ah crap… I freakin’ hate Insanity… well maybe not hate, I am just bored of it. The same routine, simply faster and faster… over 45 minutes. It took me 3 days to complete Day 1 of Insanity (after the fitness test) fully in one go, whereas I can easily do 45 minutes at the gym, without being bored and the time flies by. Though I don’t think I sweat half as much as when using Insanity! I shall give it another go… but in the meantime I have the new for 2015, Davina 7 Minute Fit DVD to check out too! Though this week I have been walking the dog and making sure I do at least 40 minutes on my bike, tomorrow I am going back to the gym to start back on the Couch 2 5K, I have been busy working on new blogs this last week so have been totally reliant on my bike time as a break! Will certainly be upping it this week in order to keep toning up whilst losing weight. Water is the greatest thing to aid skin’s elasticity… so drink plenty!

Total loss this week: 2lbs

Total loss so far: 6lbs

Meh, almost half way, I am happy with that *does a Godfather nod and shrug* I had a big, fat, calorie laden takeaway, with a carbonated drink. I shall be stricter this week, up the exercise and try and locate more of this Weight Watchers bread as it is absolutely delicious… especially for a toasted ham salad sandwich!

How are you doing this week? Are you finding some aspects of your diet easier than other parts? What is keeping you motivated this week? Let us know by joining in the linky!

If you would like to feature the Weight Loss Wednesday badge on your site… that would be epic πŸ™‚ x –

Sim's Life

Feel free to use add this linky to your own post!

get the InLinkz code

• S1m says:

Thank you Cheryl! I know… it’s not great but give myself days where I am close to my points allowance and some days where I am lower, totally depends on my mood that day. You are doing well chick, thanks for linking up, good luck on SlimFast and look forward to your progress next week! xx

1. Elizabeth says:

Well done on this week’s weight loss! My scales appear to have been stuck for most of this week, although I was losing inches, but they moved a bit last night so I could actually share a relatively decent loss! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

You will be losing weight even if the scales aren’t budging – a great indication is how well your clothes are fitting too! We are all doing well, great to see everyone’s progress… bring on next week! πŸ™‚ x

2. Hannah Budding Smiles says:

I actually love veggie sausages, but haven’t tried that brand so may have to pop some in the shopping basket for next week. It looks like you’re doing well, even with a takeaway to boot! Thanks for linking to #BloggingToJogging xx

• S1m says:

The sausages were definitely different but actually really nice! Totally changed my opinions of vegetarian food! Can’t wait to try the rest of the range! Thank you for letting me link up to #bloggingtojogging great to see how well everyone is doing! x

3. Karen Hannah says:

I’ve just popped over here to get the badge as I’m going to write my post now and link up later – and we’ve got the same wordpress template! I love this one, it’s so clean and girly πŸ™‚ I’ll be back later … well done on the loss!

• S1m says:

Bless you! Thanks Karen, look forward to reading your post – everyone is on different weight loss journeys so it’s nice to keep up with everyone! Love this theme, very girly indeed πŸ™‚ x

• S1m says:

Could not agree more! Love going to the gym, whacking my earphones in and then it feels like the whole world has been shut away! Slow and steady is definitely the key to weight loss and maintaining it! πŸ™‚

4. MollyMia says:

i’ve never heard of Insanity, what kind of workout is that? well, diet is a huge part in weight management and it’ll be better to eat clean rather than focusing on low calories, as some might just go overboard with counting calories and start eating unhealthily just to limit their calorie intake. but of course, i’m saying this because i’m not sure how weight watchers work. do they provide a balanced healthy meals tagged with the point content?

• S1m says:

Insanity is a crazy set of workouts that don’t stop – that is the trick, get your heart pumping and keep it pumping. The workouts are intense and you sweat absolute buckets! Weight Watchers do provide healthy meals and certainly promote healthy eating – their own range of food is fantastic and I am a huge fan of their chicken curry. It all aids to changing your lifestyle and how you see food. When I started on Weight Watchers in 2013 my fridge changed over night and it was fantastic… the same has happened again. I am eating so much salad I may actually turn into a rabbit at some point! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Awww thank you! I hope all the posts linked up are inspiring, everyone is on different weight loss journeys and they are great reads! πŸ™‚

5. Mama Owl | Jooleroo says:

Just the fact that I *feel* so much better is keeping me going. I am past the cravings stage now I think, I am feeling pretty good!

• S1m says:

Absolutely! I am drinking enough water to sink a ship on a daily basis but it is doing wonders for my skin, so it can only be a good thing! Thank you for linking up with Weight Loss Wednesday! πŸ™‚ x

• S1m says:

Awww thank you for linking up chick! Always nice to track other’s progress. I am happy with my weight loss so far, definitely on track for a stone loss at the end of the month… bring on next week! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

I did at the absolute start, but eating the right foods I have the energy and water is definitely keeping me hydrated. So far so good πŸ™‚

6. Tiffany Yong says:

Haha, is it a torture to be cutting off your favourite stuff? By the look of how you are keeping track of them, I guess it is. Well, keep it up and be motivated! We are all supporting you (morally)! πŸ˜›

• S1m says:

Not at all, actually it’s quite nice to go without alcohol for once, too many calories, too much money and too many mistakes! πŸ˜‰ Thank you so much – you all have fab words of support! Bring on next week πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

I am indeed! The pace is being stepped up this week with regards to exercise, more time on the bike and I have just returned from the gym… bring on next week πŸ™‚

7. louisechelle says:

I have high respect for those who are really working out to lose weight because it’s no easy thing to do. Especially that you have to look out to what you eat. I’m glad I don’t have to lose weight because if I do, I don’t think I’d really survive the diet and all the work outs.

• S1m says:

Knowing that when you put everything together, it does actually work, then it makes it all a lot easier! Seeing everyone’s success is definitely keeping me spurred on!

• S1m says:

Thank you Elana, I intend too! Definitely on a roll at the moment and it’s great everyone is keeping motivated… certainly helps πŸ™‚

8. Fred says:

Good luck on your quest for your ideal weight! I grew up with my weight not being a problem. But as I get older, I realize it is fast becoming one. He he.

9. mindy says:

I’ve recently began watching my diet and do more yoga, dropped 7kgs so far and hope to lose more-my diet’s been slacking since the holiday season, i was on a trip and when you’re so tired it’s just not the easiest thing to do to stick to your diet-but i’m straightening my crap now! Good luck on yours too, it’s interesting to see how others are doing with their weight loss programs too and maybe take a trick or two for myself!

• S1m says:

Absolutely! I love reading about what other bloggers are doing on their weight loss journeys! Good luck getting back on it – it was the holidays, everyone was entitled to eat and drink what they wanted… January is the time for getting back on it! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

There is no doubting Shaun T is nice to look at and watch but nothing beats going to the gym and meeting people in real life… although Insanity will no doubt help me lose weight quicker – will carry on with it over the weekend as I will not be at the gym!

• S1m says:

Thank you Hannah! I know I have always been put off vegetarian food by how dry it appears – the Goodlife range is certainly changing my opinion!

• S1m says:

Thank you chick! I am too impatient for my own good sometimes, every little helps! Water is definitely the key – thank you for linking up and hope to see you next week πŸ™‚ xx

• S1m says:

Absolutely – steady weight loss is definitely the key to losing weight and maintaining in the long run. Having been on shake diets before, it’s easy and wonderful to see the weight drop off overnight – it isn’t sustainable when you come off the diet though. I’m not going without the foods I like now, I am careful to just not binge on things and add in more exercise. Seems to be working so I am happy! πŸ™‚ Well done to you too – see you next week! πŸ™‚ xx

• S1m says:

Aww thanks Rebecca! Yeah I doubt I could do the 5:2 diet even though I have done shake only diets in the past. A shake is fine but limiting actual food to 500 calories is hard! Keep us posted on how you are doing and look forward to seeing you again next week! πŸ™‚ xx

10. Marie says:

Oh wow! That’s good news! For me, it’s a hard battle to lose weight, though I have lose some. It took a lot of motivation and courage for me to get up early and walk/run around our neighborhood every morning, plus the food temptation…

OMG! Our food got a better when I declared to my family that I am trying to lose weight and need to eat clean. Such a tease!!
    Marie recently posted…To The World’s Coolest ParentsMy Profile

• S1m says:

I have noticed that my fridge has certainly become a lot healthier since starting back on the Weight Watchers diet… absolutely loving it! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Neither can I chick – it’s amazing what you can eat on the Slimming World diet!! Thank you, you are doing well too but don’t do too well with the weight loss – you have a totally different journey! πŸ™‚