Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 6 #WeightLossWednesday

What a crazy, crazy, week and still, we are only on Wednesday!

This week has seen me physically exercise less, in the sense of going to the gym less, but I have been walking more… and I have been plumbing. I kid you not! There was a slight emergency on Monday evening which resulted in my ripping my bath panel off, nipping down to City Plumbing (who seemed very anti-women btw… arseholes!) and kitting my bath out with new pipes underneath. So far today, I have treated myself to a new wrench from B&Q to tighten everything up, but alas, I managed a shower this morning with no leakages. I am very proud of myself and a change of career is being considered! πŸ˜‰

Exercise as you can tell has been in totally different formats this last week but something must be working… I treated myself to some new skinny jeans on Monday and they fit like a glove… they will be pulled out on Saturday!

What 5lb's worth of fat and muscle resemble!

What 5lb’s worth of fat and muscle resemble!

I tell you though… you think the best cigarette ever is after food or sex… nope… after rolling around on the floor, getting dirty and swearing lots… the satisfaction that I had managed to re-plumb my bath made me crave a smoke. I didn’t cave, I am still cig free, but that was the first time I had actually thought about one. I’ve no idea where this determination has come from but you can bet your sweet ass I am riding that wave… I am actually being productive instead of procrastinating! For the next week, I will continue with the bike, which I do go on every day, up my walking and carry on going to the gym.

Food has been a tough one, I have been very good with calorie counting but caved on Sunday evening when we got back from Liv’s swimming lesson… it was much easier to order a pizza. Not really a huge pizza lover, I surprised myself with how much I ate. My body was seriously craving something very naughty and it totally hit the spot! I have been eating some rather scrummy and super healthy food recently including Heck, Goodlife and Cherry Tree Farm foods – you can view the review here. If you are on Slimming World or are calorie counting, check out the Heck Chicken Italia range – 3.5 syns for a whole pack of 10 chicken sausages!

Heck Chicken Italia

Total loss this week: 1lbs

Total loss Week 1: 4lbs

Total loss Week 2: 2lbs

Total loss Week 3: 3lbs

Total loss Week 4: 0lbs

Total loss Week 5: 2lbs

Total loss so far: 12lbs

I am almost there at my 1st stone loss and I am doing it by still eating the foods I like, I’ve simply cut down on the meal sizes, am watching my calorie intake and exercising more. It can be done if you put your mind to it!

How are you all doing with Week 6? Have you changed anything about your diet or exercise routine? Have you found a new food that fits in with your weight loss journey?

If you would like to feature the #WeightLossWednesday badge, please take this code!

Sim's Life

Feel free to join in with the #WeightLossWednesday linky! Keep supporting each other!

get the InLinkz code

• S1m says:

Very much so, I am definitely on a roll! Not telling anyone and just deciding to do it was the right decision, I was getting bored of it anyway! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Thank you so much Becky! The non smoking is not bothering me at all, just yesterday, all the hard work – I was utterly drained (no pun intended!). I am looking at other smokers in that ‘I used to be one’ way though! πŸ˜‰

1. Urban Mumble says:

Haha! I love the fat vs muscle illustration on this post. Where did you find the pic? Is it a realistic one? I kind of feel what it in my own skin because I am the same weight now as I was a few years back but my body is somehow smaller thanks to better muscle tone. Some clothes that used to fit are a bit loose now.

Am very impressed by your plumbing story! We’re capable of so much more than we think. All exercise counts!
    Urban Mumble recently posted…What to do when you are about to lose it?My Profile

• S1m says:

I actually saw something on FB a few days ago regarding a 1lb loss and the equivalent of what it would look like. So as not to feel too disheartened about the loss and I started Googling what a 1lb loss was actually like and stumbled across that image. From the scales I would say it is pretty similar – quite scary really! Also makes you realise that on weeks where the scales do not move, it may actually be down to the fact you have increased your muscle mass!

We are all very capable indeed… I just don’t want to do it full time! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Thanks Kate… I think the plumbing career is a pipe dream… there I go again with the puns! I found YouTube and the use of a plumber over messaging very handy! πŸ˜‰ x

2. Polka Dot Family says:

Well done on the plumbing, there is a real sense of satisfaction when you can complete a job without having to call someone. Your weight loss is doing well and thank you for the review on the Heck products, I shall be popping to the supermarket to see if I can pick some of these up.
    Polka Dot Family recently posted…A badge of honourMy Profile

• S1m says:

You will not be disappointed with the Heck products! I feel awesome for doing the plumbing, it was great to be able to wash my hair tonight!x

• S1m says:

A treat is definitely needed to keep on it and keep on track! Thank you… it all seems to be working at the moment so I am riding the wave! πŸ™‚ x

• S1m says:

That’s the only thing I find with running, definitely makes me hungrier but luckily I am eating the right things to keep me going. Hope you are feeling better now!x

3. Nikki Thomas says:

You are doing really well, I am just starting on my weight loss ‘journey’ too and it is hard but you have done well and it is great that you are losing weight the slow and steady way.

• S1m says:

Thanks so much Nikki, I am happier with a steady loss, makes it so much easier to maintain in the long run! Good luck with your journey! πŸ™‚ x

• S1m says:

Absolutely – little tweaks here and there and everything seems to be moving in the right direction… just wish my butt would hurry up! πŸ˜‰

• S1m says:

Definitely lots of protein is needed! I am not the greatest fan of chicken but have found pastrami is high in protein, which I love. Find things you love to eat and it will help! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

When food is in front of you it is extremely hard but learning to say No to yourself is the hardest part – once you have mastered that it’s easy! πŸ™‚

4. nicol says:

oh wow youve lost a great amount by week 6. definitely agree that its easier to order a pizza. I’m still resisting but its so hard ha

• S1m says:

Definitely! I still have quite a way to go yet and the journey may get a little boring so need to make sure I keep making little changes along the way to keep me going! πŸ™‚

• S1m says:

Aww thanks chick… erm… I kinda didn’t like having to get all mucky and crawl around on the floor… so I shall maybe stick to typing! πŸ˜‰

• S1m says:

Thank you so much Fred – I did feel a huge wave of satisfaction once I had done it! The cost was a major factor – pay someone else to do it or literally pay for the parts and do it myself… YouTube rocks! πŸ˜‰

• S1m says:

I know, it’s crazy! So a 1lb loss should never be scoffed at nor should anyone ever feel disappointed in a 1lb loss, it is actually a huge amount! Easy to put on, not so easy to lose!

• S1m says:

Thank you! Stuff the pizza… ha! I am not bothered… we have to have a treat every now and then otherwise the diet will have a negative effect.