Home Weight Loss What I Did This Week… May Contain References To A Gym!

What I Did This Week… May Contain References To A Gym!

This week has certainly been one of ‘those’ weeks and it doesn’t look likely to calm down any time soon!

In the past 7 days I have visited Chester Zoo courtesy of Matalan, travelled into Manchester to review the fantastic Red Hot World Buffet and joined the gym, this includes normal work, sorting Liv out and household duties. Ah, I may have forgotten to mention that my parents are still here, so any chance to relax in my own home has been long forgotten.

Repeating the mantra 'I Will Be A Skinny Minnie!'

Repeating the mantra ‘I Will Be A Skinny Minnie!’

Woooooohhhhh… rewind… did you notice I stated I had joined the gym? A gym? However yes, you read correctly I joined the gym with the lovely Heather and we have already been several times this week and taken our children swimming. I can only hope Heather’s arms and shoulders are aching as much as mine at the moment, though I am definitely looking forward to the new week and further visits to the gym. The eye candy is enough to get me to sign up alone, let alone actually go on anything…!

Needing to work on my hips and arse that seemingly do not want to play ball and disappear, I have been concentrating on cardio work – 30 mins fast walk (for my long legs) spent on the treadmill at a decent incline, time on the bikes along with the elliptical trainer – after that it’s all about the weights baby! Though on the last trip to the gym I did have a 5 minute giggle on the power plate. My entire body was jiggling away which Heather thought was highly amusing… you laugh away love, surely it can only be a good thing!

After a quick chat with the PT on the way out he suggested it is good for toning so we have decided to use it before and after our workouts… if we can survive without collapsing with giggle fits!Β Though still… bring on the weight loss!

If you have any hints or tips on how to tackle the middle region (bums, thighs and hips) please let me know. No matter what I try nothing seems to be shifting that region πŸ™

LauraCYMFT September 29, 2013 - 2:25 pm

Oh good luck! I workout at home as I don’t have time to get to the gym but what I find helps is changing up your routine every few weeks, to keep you motivated.

S1m September 29, 2013 - 8:25 pm

Thanks love! I did start off working out from home and still do – I never thought I would sign up to the gym again but I am really enjoying it! Hope it isn’t just a novelty!

Kiran at Mummy Says September 29, 2013 - 3:44 pm

You’ve inspired me! I keep meaning to join a gym but can’t quite bring myself to do it. My little one is two months old and I keep telling myself I will sign up when she is six months and the witching hours are well and truly behind us so I can go in the evenings! Good luck with your workouts x

S1m September 29, 2013 - 5:23 pm

Aww thanks love!! I really should have joined ages ago and now that I am there, do not know why I didn’t! It’s lovely to have a gym bunny and it’s great to get out and meet new people πŸ™‚ Definitely sign yourself up when you can, you will appreciate the YOU time!! xx

spicers1976 September 29, 2013 - 7:34 pm

I have a gym at work but rarely go, really need to though

S1m September 29, 2013 - 7:42 pm

I used to go to the same gym 12 years ago… weirdly it has not changed at all in that time!! πŸ™‚ The men have though πŸ˜› x

Mary @over40andamumtoone September 29, 2013 - 7:49 pm

Can’t help you there – the gym and me certainly don’t go together. A nearly 4 year old Monkey is all I need to keep me fit! I’m with Red Hot too – they are good aren’t they.

S1m September 29, 2013 - 8:01 pm

LOL I am quite enjoying it to be honest… need a little eye candy in my life and there are certainly some good looking blokes there to keep me going! πŸ™‚
Red Hot is awesome, though a definite reason to join the gym! x

Jenny @ The Brick Castle September 29, 2013 - 10:54 pm

I bet the weight will drop off if you keep going to the gym! Good luck πŸ™‚

S1m September 30, 2013 - 8:16 am

Thanks hun, I certainly hope so!! I wish it could fall off in big chunks… namely my butt cheeks πŸ˜›

Kate September 30, 2013 - 3:04 pm

OK, let’s get straight. Although there are exercises that will target your middle section, to reduce the flabby bits, you need to burn the fat. Exercise will help in this regard but it’s just as important, if not more so, to tackle your eating. When you consider that the average woman needs 2000 calories per day and that an average workout uses up about 300-400, which you may only be doing 2-3 times a week, you can see that it doesn’t have a huge effect. You still need to create a deficit of calorie intake in order to lose the fat. Sorry.

Personally, I love going to classes at gyms. If your gym runs them, look out for HIIT classes as they have a long lasting effect and help to burn more fat than usual. Actually, doing something you enjoy will be so much easier in the long run so if your gym offers a range of classes, try them all! I know some people swear by spinning but I can’t bloody stand it and I find it as painful as hell. I love doing BoxFit which I know some will hate as you get hit (with pads of course!) but I think it’s great and it’s fantastic exercise. What you will like, I may not and vice versa. However, if you get the habit of going to them (and I like they are at certain times so I can plan my day plus it makes me go!), that’s a good place to start with getting into a new healthy lifestyle. Getting healthier all round will give you other benefits like feeling better, sleeping better, having more energy etc.

Mrs Teepot September 30, 2013 - 3:34 pm

Good luck! You wouldn’t see me in a gym, ever, they terrify me! lol! Sounds like you’re having great fun though, so weight loss will just be a fringe benefit!

S1m September 30, 2013 - 4:44 pm

Thanks love! I am looking forward to going each time now πŸ™‚ Definitely nice just to get out of the house… the weight loss is a benefit πŸ™‚

Jayne T September 30, 2013 - 8:43 pm

Well done on the joining the gym, I don’t think I’d ever be brave enough to do that. Good luck with the toning up. p.s. looking at your photo you don’t look overweight to me at all. x

Help! There Aren't Enough Hours In The Day! : Sim's Life October 1, 2013 - 7:35 pm

[…] working from home so much, it offers me flexibility to a point… factoring in that I have just joined the gym and am thoroughly enjoying it, finding the hours is increasingly harder than it used to […]