Home Weight Loss Weight Loss: The All Important Update!

Weight Loss: The All Important Update!

I haven’t written a weight loss post in a couple of weeks, simply for the fact I’ve not been to the gym as much as I should have and I have been indulging in the lovely Christmas food currently on offer.

Though things over the past couple of week have changed slightly and I have lost 5lbs in this last week alone. Β Taking my current ‘Lose a Stone for Christmas’ loss to 7lbs – half way there! I had previously invested in some Exante shakes, to try and kick start the weight loss again, but the weight loss was not from that. In fact have I have lost weight is not recommended, it has come through sheer starvation. I’ve only been to the gym once and haven’t even been on the bike. Nope, my weight loss alone has come from being a smitten kitten and simply not feeling hungry.

I do also believe I have had a bug which hasn’t helped matters. Thing is though that albeit my body is likely to have been in and out of ketosis (Sim’s definition: where your body eats away at your fat stores – generally happens after 2 days on 600 calories) I know I have lost muscle as well as fat. My arms that I have been working so heavily on at the gym are looking slightly deflated… so it looks like I am going to have to start chomping on protein bars again. They really helped the last time I scoffed a large box of protein flapjacks, they really did seem to keep me going during the day and stopped me from the dreaded snacking. Seems like I also need to crack out the Shake Weight.

Yes lovelies, I do believe that I have cracked the code and found the dating elixir – it’s called having a hot new man!! One who turns up on your doorstep in his footie gear and makes you swoon!

Now I am not saying that starvation is the healthiest form of dieting, I am fully aware I need to eat something, I can assure you I have been drinking plenty of sugary cups of tea and I also have a lovely meal at Pesto planned for later in the week… wish me luck πŸ˜›

‘); // ]]>

Jayne T November 25, 2013 - 11:45 am

I hope that you’re feeling better now. If I’ve been ill and not eating I’ve always lost a few pounds(mostly water weight), which have sadly gone back on when I was well and eating normal again.
Well done on the weight loss and enjoy your meal out. Good luck for next week xx

S1m November 25, 2013 - 12:34 pm

Absolutely, majority will be water loss which is an arse, still not feeling like eating properly at the moment. Think it’s going to take a while to get back to normal πŸ™ definitely looking forward to the meal on Friday though, tapas will make it slightly easier! Good luck to you too xx

Mammasaurus November 25, 2013 - 12:25 pm

Well done you! Exante wasn’t for me either, now I try and aim for the general ‘eat less and do more’ rule.
Although not till after Christmas ey? πŸ˜‰

S1m November 25, 2013 - 12:32 pm

Compared to Lipotrim, the shakes are awful – far too greasy, a really weird consistency πŸ™
Ahhh yes, Christmas is all about eating for sure!!x

Donna @ Little Lilypad Co November 25, 2013 - 1:48 pm

My OH lives by theory eat less or move more πŸ™‚
I need to get moving …..

S1m November 25, 2013 - 5:01 pm

LOL!!! Men always think like that – they don’t have to worry about hips or junk in the trunk! Grrrr!! It’s Christmas – eating more and moving less is totally justified!!x

jenny paulin November 25, 2013 - 2:20 pm

oooooh i need / am attempting to do this although had a chinese last nigth so thats not too good
but well done to you on the 5lb weight loss and for hitting the 1/2 stone mark yaaay x
ps. a hot new man always helps πŸ˜‰ x

S1m November 25, 2013 - 5:00 pm

Thanks lovely lady!!! I would love a Chinese right now, just can’t bring myself to do it πŸ™
A hot man always helps πŸ˜› x

maggy, red ted art November 25, 2013 - 2:46 pm

Diets and weight loss are SO hard!!! Take care of yourself and good luck , I know you can do it!

S1m November 25, 2013 - 4:59 pm

Absolutely!! It’s keeping motivated even though you know it works – there is too much yummy food available at the moment πŸ™

Sonya Cisco November 25, 2013 - 4:45 pm

Ah, the new love diet is always the most effective! Enjoy it!

S1m November 25, 2013 - 4:58 pm

I am definitely enjoying it!! πŸ™‚ Feeling like a proper teenager again πŸ˜› x

Pinkoddy November 25, 2013 - 7:29 pm

Well done for keep going – weight loss is hard at this time of year. Hope you are feeling back to normal now.

S1m November 25, 2013 - 8:05 pm

Thanks love!!! Yes… there is too much food available!!! I can easily put on a stone just by looking at it all!! πŸ™‚ x

Steph November 25, 2013 - 8:36 pm

Ooooh well done. And I can’t think of a nicer way to lose weight πŸ˜‰

I was trying to lose a stone before Christmas doing 5:2 diet, but I have to admit I gave up last week when I realised my weightloss has plateaued. SO annoyed with myself and my stupid body.

S1m November 25, 2013 - 9:54 pm

The 5:2 diet is tough going, especially in this weather hun. Don’t be hard on yourself. You can do it, just remember to take each day as it comes x

Liz Burton November 25, 2013 - 8:56 pm

Boo to being poorly (hope you’re feeling better now) but Yay to hotties turning up on your doorstep!

S1m November 25, 2013 - 9:53 pm

Thanks love, feeling much better now!! I know, the neighbours must have neck ache at the moment πŸ˜› x

HPMcQ November 25, 2013 - 9:01 pm

i find this time of year so hard to even think about losing any weight, which is clearly required. good on you for your 7lbs so far x

S1m November 25, 2013 - 9:52 pm

Really hard to lose weight, but if I can do it now I will not feel so bad about scoffing over Xmas… then kick start it all again in January. Plus my Mum will no doubt keep an eye on my intake… the only downside to my parents staying with me at Xmas πŸ™ x

Michelle Twin Mum November 25, 2013 - 9:19 pm

Swooning over a hot man is good but make sure you are eating too! Mich x

S1m November 25, 2013 - 9:51 pm

I know, I’m starting to get my appetite back now and we are going out for a lovely meal on Friday so will definitely be scoffing away for England then… sorry… I shall be pecking at my food like a lady! πŸ™‚ x

Anya November 25, 2013 - 9:26 pm

Well done on the weight loss – do tell me more about the hot new man tho! x

S1m November 25, 2013 - 9:51 pm

Thanks lovely lady!! πŸ™‚
He is lush, he makes me smile, loves football… ideal man really πŸ˜› x

Emma November 25, 2013 - 9:54 pm

Well done lovely, and yes do tell more about the hot new man!

S1m November 27, 2013 - 2:26 pm

Thanks love!! Well, he is hot and has definitely put a big, daft grin back on this face πŸ™‚ x

Rebecca November 26, 2013 - 9:40 am

Oooh now that sounds like a good way to lose weight!

S1m November 27, 2013 - 2:27 pm

A very good way to lose weight πŸ˜‰ x

Jenny @ The Brick Castle November 27, 2013 - 1:05 pm

Well done on the weight loss hon – but make sure you eat regularly naughty! So much easier to lose weight when you are happy – and I’m very glad that you are πŸ™‚ x

S1m November 27, 2013 - 2:25 pm

LOL I bet!! You don’t have to put up with me moaning when pished anymore πŸ˜› LOL!! πŸ™‚ xx

Emma November 29, 2013 - 12:58 pm

you rock – that is all xx

S1m December 1, 2013 - 1:18 pm

LOL thanks lovely lady!! The karma gods are shining down on me at the mo!! πŸ˜› x