Slimming World Keema Curry Recipe
If you follow Slimming World you’ll understand what I mean when I say this is free on Extra Easy. For anyone not down with the SW kids, it means you can eat of much of this as you like & not feel guilty. It’s basically a very low fat Slimming World Keema curry but you’d never know it from the taste! Even better, it’s cheap and so quick to make. You’re talking 20 minutes from heating up that pan to serving. My kind of food!
Slimming World Keema Curry – with chana and boiled Rice Recipe
Low fat cooking spray (I like Fry Light)
500g very lean minced beef
1 onion, finely diced (or if you are lazy busy like me a good handful of frozen diced onion)
2 cloves garlic (I like mine garlicky)
1 beef stock cube
2 tbsps tikka curry powder (you can increase this if you like it spicy or add some chilli powder which is what I did)
1 tin/carton chopped tomatoes
1 tin chickpeas
Water (half fill one of the empty tins)
Couple of handfuls of frozen peas or petit pois
Couple of handful of sweetcorn
Salt & pepper to taste
Coriander for sprinkling (I don’t add this as I think it is the Devil’s weed. Bleugh.)
Fat free natural yoghurt
- Spray a non stick frying pan with the oil and brown the onions, garlic and mince together.
2. Add the tikka curry powder (and chilli powder if using) and cook out for a couple of minutes
3. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes. Half fill a tin with hot water, dissolve the stock cube in it and add.
4. Simmer for approx. 15 minutes – this is the time to pop your rice on to boil.
5. Just before your rice is ready throw in the peas and corn. By now the liquid should have reduced by a good half so it’s more sticky than runny. If you like a lot of sauce then add some boiling water until you’re happy with the consistency
6. Taste and season as you wish.
7. When serving scatter with the coriander (if you’re that way inclined) and dollop on some ft free natural yoghurt. Trust me, this makes it exceptional.
8. Enjoy your lovely, quick, super easy curry!
I’ll leave you with a few pictures to tempt you. Even with my (very) amateur photography, you have to admit it looks great! Hope you get the chance to make this super yummy Slimming World Keema Curry – let us know what you think!