Home Fitness 30 Day Mind, Body And Soul Detox: No Men Allowed!

30 Day Mind, Body And Soul Detox: No Men Allowed!

Tomorrow is the 1st June… where has that time gone? Half way through the year and one step closer to Christmas.

The last 6 months have been a whirlwind of all nighters, drinking, partying and meeting the craziest and coolest  of people but even I know that I need to have a break from the 20 year olds lifestyle I have been living recently… my 31 year old bones just seriously cannot take it any longer! I am fit to drop and could quite happily sleep for a week, a luxury I unfortunately do not have.

I have therefore taken the steps to give myself a 30 day detox and get back to my mind, body and soul back in shape again. Drink is my biggest problem and will be very much missed as I embark on a similar Weight Watchers journey that worked well for me last year.

30DayDetox

My fridge is now filled with all my favourite salad type foods, enough ham to start a ham factory and fruit, lots of delicious berries to munch on when I need  a little snack to get me through. I am limiting myself to a glass or two of wine a week… I know I can do it and feel so much better when I do. I just hope the party invites slow down or I at least learn to say NO over the next month to ease my way into soberness! Bottles of water are lining up to be chilled and my gym plan is being put into action come first thing on Monday morning.

I shall be partaking in those crazy 30 day Crunch exercises you have probably seen floating around. How I will get on I don’t know yet… I do however hope that I will be nearing stomach perfection come the end of June… a 6 pack would be too much to ask for, both in stomach and beer form!

My 30 Day Detox has a slight twist though… the aforementioned sorts out my body and mind… but my soul… that is a different story.

The only way to detox my mind is to cut men out of my life for the month of June. It has to be done… seriously. My last 3 experiences have been epic, all in different ways, ways I can never explain… I really do need to take a step back to re-evaluate what I want. ‘It’ will not just fall into my lap, I have to work for it too and for that I need to cleanse my mind too.

I am totally staying away from online dating and speaking to any new men… or even meeting any new men over the next month! Yes, you read correctly… I am not crazy, but sometimes you really do need to step back away from the problem to find the solution (rather profound of me!). I shall be living the single life… very quietly!

So… get ready to help me on my 30 day all round detox… I may be in tears by the end of the first week!!

Trish May 31, 2014 - 12:36 pm

You’re giving up alcohol and men in one go? There had better be some bloody good salad in that fridge ;-))

S1m May 31, 2014 - 12:46 pm

The way I see it… if I can give up men, I can easily give up drink… 99 problems but drinking isn’t 1! 😉 Thanks lovely… erm…the salad luckily isn’t looking too limp at the moment 😉 xx

Ruth May 31, 2014 - 12:43 pm

Oh Simone, this made me giggle so much. Your post says ‘ no men allowed’ but the URL for this page says ’30-day-mind-body-soul-detox-men-allowed’ and that sounds like a lot more fun to me 😉 Maybe your blog knows you better than you know yourself…

In seriousness, good for you, lovely. It’s never an easy thing to do a detox. We always do ours in Jan/Feb, but early summer is prob even tougher. Booze is always the toughie for us too. Because it’s nice to have a glass or two of wine with dinner every night, right?

Good luck! Look forward to celebrating with you a month from now when you’re a skinny minnie with glowing skin xx

S1m May 31, 2014 - 12:48 pm

Thank you Ruth!! 🙂

Ha ha ha… damn permalinks… I think my blog knows me all too well! I would love to post about what has happened the past 5 weeks, but I can’t unfortunately 🙁

This is my version of Eat, Pray, Love… I doubt I will be a skinny minnie but at least my liver will get a little rest 🙂 xx

Pinkoddy May 31, 2014 - 2:24 pm

Oh no are you not at Britmums (and dads)?

Good luck with it – hmm can I really improve my body by the end of June? Sounds like lots of hard work to me – the very best of luck.

S1m June 1, 2014 - 5:33 pm

No, no conferences for me anymore I’m afraid – huge expense and no childcare 🙁 Hope you have fun though lovely!! 🙂 x

Emma May 31, 2014 - 8:22 pm

can she do it, can she can she??? I will wait with baited breath and see what the month brings!

S1m June 1, 2014 - 5:32 pm

Of course she can… she is ‘The Sim’ afterall 😉 Day 1 has been fine and we have just had a delicious dinner… not even missing chatting to men… the whole being nice thing annoys me after a while 😉

Otilia May 31, 2014 - 9:01 pm

oh i agree. both men and drink at the same time could be hard! Lol! that being said…im not drinking or dating! lol

S1m June 1, 2014 - 5:31 pm

It will be a lot easier to give them up at the same time… they go hand in hand really 😉

Emma May 31, 2014 - 9:33 pm

Good luck on both fronts… I have to say men (or rather one man – the husband) drives me to alcohol at times! 😀

S1m June 1, 2014 - 10:56 am

Yes men are a definite reason why I drink LOL!!

Musing Housewife June 1, 2014 - 3:20 pm

Ha! Can I give up men with you? (Well one man really!) Alcohol… I’m already approximately 9 months ahead. 😉
I’ll make sure my phone line is free for you 24 hours a day… 🙂

Emma June 1, 2014 - 8:38 pm

Ooooh good luck! I need to give up chocolate….and wine…and beer…maybe I’ll just start the crunch thing!

mammasaurus June 2, 2014 - 12:36 am

So no men for you and others in the comments are thinking of giving up choccy and booze. How about I step up as a mate and take them all of your hands for you? Selfless – I know 😉

S1m June 2, 2014 - 7:55 am

Ha ha ha, I think that sounds like an epic idea… though you will need to stock up on painkillers too… men will drive you to drink too much and hangovers are not classy 🙁 x

maggy, red ted art June 2, 2014 - 10:28 am

What a challenge!!! Good luck!

S1m June 2, 2014 - 6:58 pm

Tell me about it!! I know once I get set on something I will see it through – not much longer to go… just the whole month 🙁 !!