Home Christmas Christmas: Health & Fitness Gift Ideas

Christmas: Health & Fitness Gift Ideas

Christmas Gift Guide

Christmas is a time of over exuberance with New Year being the time of year most people will start their fitness kick. So in preparation for the New Year preparations… here are a few items I can highly recommend!

Yurbuds sports earphones are awesome. Simple as!

No matter how much I sweat and move about at the gym, these earphones have yet to budge from my ears. When are you concentrating on a run, the last thing you want to worry about and mess with is earphones that keep popping out of your ears. Yurbuds have a comfortable, silicone ear bud that fits perfectly in your ear. Prices range from £16.99 upwards, depending on which design you choose on the Yurbuds site. Check them out in action here.

If you want to track your fitness progress, the FitBit Flex is the perfect wireless accessory (available in a range of colours) that fits in with your daily life. With the ability to sync to your computer, it is quite addictive checking steps taken, distance travelled, calories burned and active minutes amongst other statistics. It even tracks your hours slept, times woken up and sleep quality! No larger than a watch, the FitBit Flex is worn on your wrist and the waterproof, silicone wristband is comfortable enough to be worn the whole day. No need to worry about whether it will fit as the very clever people at FitBit have included a Large and Small wristband in each pack, alongside the charging cable, tracker and wireless USB charger. Priced at £79.99 from FitBit, this is a great gift for anyone on a fitness kick!

There is nothing attractive about exercise, ruddy red faces, breathlessness and buckets of sweat make sure of that! When you are in the zone though, wiping sweat away can be enough to set you off pace, which is where Halo Headbands come in to play. The two widths of fabric, make the Halo stick to your head comfortably, leaving you to exercise, safe in the knowledge that there will be no need for swift wipe aways, of hair from your eyes or sweat! Available in a range of colours and widths, from £12.95 from the Halo site. A perfect stocking filler!

An energy boost before and after you start exercise will always keep you going and motivated. I have been enjoying The Ultimate Muesli from Rude Health before hitting the gym. Never a muesli fan as a child, I have certainly found a taste for it now. Packed with lots of Organic goodness, the no added salt and wheat free muesli contains 23 ingredients including plump blueberries, soft apricots, Brazil Nuts and more… available from Sainsburys, Tesco, Abel & Cole, Ocado to name a few… check out your local stockists on the Rude Health site.

Bounce Energy Balls are the perfect, energising boost you need when exercising and given their size, are easy to keep in your gym bag. High in Antioxidant Vitamin E, each chewy energy ball is individually shaped and packed full of flavour and goodness. Available in a range of flavours, to suit all tastes, they contain no artificial preservatives, are high in fibre and are gluten free. Purchase from the Bounce site for £19.45 for a pack of 12.

JeniG of Kalikotpepot November 5, 2014 - 3:23 pm

I have issue with earphones. I haven’t found the perfect match for me, lucky you! You say they don’t budge off, wow!
I need that,lol. Haven’t tried those Bounce Energy Balls, sure they look tasty and nutritious:)

Loudthinkin November 5, 2014 - 5:28 pm

You are so right, the festive period fills everyone with newfound enthusiasm! The gadgets you suggested seem just perfect to help aid losing those extra kgs.

Lorane November 5, 2014 - 7:23 pm

All such great Gift Ideas … we are always so caught up in the scheme of things that we forget our Health

Pingerrain*Priscilla November 6, 2014 - 3:02 am

The sweat headbands are very useful. I sweat bucket loads even when doing house work so this is one very good gift, even it is for myself.

R U S S November 6, 2014 - 4:01 am

The holiday season just brings this vibe that make everyone nicer and well, yeah … in a spending mood too! It’s good for businesses and it’s also good for people. It’s that time of the year, which I feel, we ought to reward ourselves with something nice after a year’s worth of hard work. I like the items on your list.

Khushboo November 6, 2014 - 4:52 am

Bounce energy balls sure sound exciting. I would love to receive them in my stockings 🙂

S1m November 6, 2014 - 10:01 am

They are yummy and certainly give you a kick. I can feel a bit lightheaded when I come out of the gym so these are great to pack away and chomp on afterwards!x

Louise November 6, 2014 - 5:10 am

These are definitely great present ideas or tips. You gave me an idea what to give to my friends who are currently involved in fitness programs.

I personally love the FitBit Flex. I wonder if these are available here in the Philippines… hmm…

S1m November 6, 2014 - 10:00 am

The FitBit Flex is awesome and would be a great present to give or receive – available in a range of funky colours too! 🙂 x

Franc Ramon November 6, 2014 - 3:22 pm

I use yurbuds and it’s really the best sports earphone available. Fitbit would also be a nice gift since wearable electronics is high on demand now.

Suzanne Rudge November 7, 2014 - 4:29 am

These are some great ideas for gift giving. I really like the idea behind the FitBit Flex. This may make it onto my own list, LOL

Enzo November 7, 2014 - 5:08 am

Looks like I have found my partners in my revived passion for running. These gadgets are cool. I hope someone gives me these for Christmas.

Tiffany Yong W.T. (tiffanyyongwt) November 7, 2014 - 6:50 am

I’m curious to see how the energy balls look like inside their wrapping as it looked like stress ball in the photos! I guess this make a good mass Christmas present as a single present will look very stingy!

Fred November 7, 2014 - 8:33 am

I’d like to try those Yurbuds of all these things. Easily falling ear buds is very irritating.

Marie November 7, 2014 - 9:02 am

The FitBit Flex sounds like a good idea. Maybe, I’d get one for myself as well. 🙂

Manu Kalia November 7, 2014 - 2:23 pm

Now I’m buying Yurbuds! Thank you for the review!

Eliz Frank November 7, 2014 - 3:36 pm

I’ve heard so much about the yurbuds but I’ve never had a chance to try them. They will make great gifts.

Von Avancena November 8, 2014 - 6:15 am

Oh, yurbuds. Seems like it’s a good pair of earbuds when going to the gym. I hope I can readily get it in my area though

Aisha Kristine Chong November 14, 2014 - 12:35 pm

Ohh this is cool – I could make use of these.

S1m November 14, 2014 - 1:13 pm

There are some really great gift ideas with more still to come!