Home Fitness Picking Up The Fitness Regime With Ozeri

Picking Up The Fitness Regime With Ozeri

I have been very naughty recently… I have totally let my fitness regime slide.

Ever since the personal trainer at my gym decided to put me on a new routine. I really don’t like the new routine and I told him so! I was doing so well with my Couch to 5k and had almost advanced to week 4 before he told me to stop running and concentrate on interval training on the bike. Grrrr.

I am definitely feeling more proactive this week and will be hitting the gym as much as possible… to do what I want! Fortunately the scales have been super kind to me recently and I have noticed them edging down, despite not going to the gym.

The scales are either my friend, or they are not, whilst they seem to like me, I am going with the flow. Though I can get slightly addicted and tend to stand on them every day. I am still waiting for the day when I slump my body on them and they tell me I lost a stone overnight… I am fully aware (before you think I have definitely gone mad!) that that will never happen, however… wouldn’t it be nice if it did?!

Recently, I was sent a pair of stunning Ozeri glass scales to help me on my weight loss journey. On first glance, they are certainly more comprehensive than my current ‘stand on and hope for the best’ scales! With a Digital LCD DIsplay, unit button to change between pounds and kilos, an electro-mechanical dial that instantly points to your weight too (there is no getting away from your exact weight!), illuminated dials and also an alarm that remind you to measure your weight at the same time each day… these scales are a little scary! However I am hoping they will give me the swift boot I need to make sure the dial keeps falling down to my desired weight.

Christmas will be my treat time and I am hoping gym sessions in the run up will allow me to easily get away with a few extra cheese and crackers! Bring on the New Year when the fitness regime kicks into full swing again!

Michael December 15, 2014 - 7:36 pm

Its not even x-mas day yet and am already eating junks from end of the year parties which is something inevitable. I guess this season is one in which the inevitable happens but if you are the persistent type you should be able to overcome all junk temptations sim. Nice post by the way

S1m December 15, 2014 - 10:41 pm

Thanks Michael! I have certainly become more aware of health and fitness in the past couple of years. In the past I was more inclined to eat junk food from Halloween right through to Christmas and beyond. I’m much more careful these days so that I can afford to have a few extra treats… and you can beat I will be having those at Christmas time… bring on the feast 🙂

Fernanda December 15, 2014 - 7:53 pm

Hello! To be honest with you I don’t like scales… They upset me so I just avoid them… And I never owned one in my life…

S1m December 15, 2014 - 10:39 pm

Mine upset me in the past… however nowadays they are slightly kinder and certainly give me the swift kick I need! 🙂

Jenny @ The Brick Castle December 15, 2014 - 9:18 pm

You are very good, you’ll lose more weight and you’ll do it with style – after Christmas 😉

S1m December 15, 2014 - 10:38 pm

Ha ha ha! Thanks chick… wouldn’t mind losing a few pounds before, to make the New Year slightly easier! Loving the new scales though, they are awesome!!xx

Gil Camporazo December 15, 2014 - 11:34 pm

Weighing scale works to indicate one’s weight. Be it an ideal one or not. The purpose of losing weight couldn’t practically be achieved if the attitude of the person concerned is inconsistent of losing a weight. I know there are many ways of doing it and going to the gym is only one. No weigh loss is achieved if attitude doesn’t manifest consistency, discipline.

S1m December 16, 2014 - 7:48 pm

Absolutely Gil, but if you read my previous weight loss posts, you will see that I have quite a lot of perseverance when it comes to weight loss. A total change of lifestyle and food thought is required if you want to lose weight and maintain it. There is no point spending an hour in the gym a day, if all you do is come home and eat enough for 5 people! The scales do help me as I know where I want to be and to see them falling down is an indication that I am doing something right!

julianne caparos December 16, 2014 - 12:26 am

Motivation and a push is the key but I don’t have both. Haha but thanks for the inspiration. The Christmas season shouldn’t be a reason to go in break from exercising and eating like there’s no tomorrow! 🙂

S1m December 16, 2014 - 7:46 pm

Totally agree with you – I am hitting the gym before and after the big day, so that I can eat without worrying about every calorie and ounce of fat on the day. It’s a time when we can all just relax and eat chocolate 🙂 x

Fred December 16, 2014 - 1:28 am

What reason did your trainer give you to suddenly change your routine, especially if you feel you are making marked progress? It is not always the scale that is important though. Stamina, energy, cardiovascular fitness should matter more than the weight alone.

S1m December 16, 2014 - 7:44 pm

I personally asked for an hour with him to go over what I wanted to get out of my exercise routine… where I want to concentrate on, lose weight from, tone up etc. He stated interval training on the bike for 15 minutes was just as good as an hour on the treadmill… it is certainly more knackering and less enjoyable. Too many lunges and squats for my liking – though he knows what he is doing so I need to give it a shot and stop moping about it. I can still keep up with running on one gym visit and dedicate the other time to the new routine. I do have poundage and buttage to lose! 😉

Chinky December 16, 2014 - 1:54 am

My husband and I recently bought a nice looking glass weighing scale as well. I think it adds on the appeal of losing weight. Goodluck to all of us with all the eating this time of the year! 🙂

S1m December 16, 2014 - 7:45 pm

I could not agree more! Glass scales actually make you want to stand on them. Thank you so much and am sure we are all allowed to treat ourselves… the test comes at the New Year! 😉 x

Louise December 16, 2014 - 3:18 am

Glass scales? I’ve always been afraid of stepping on that because I fear it might break. Anyway, this scale is cool! I love the alarm part so you don’t forget to check your weight. We have to see our weight from time to time especially if you’re working out so see if it’s progressing. 🙂

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:40 pm

These scales take up to 400lb – I know I am ok standing on them! They are sturdy and heavy duty. Very stylish and I cannot help but keep standing on them!x

Tiffany Yong December 16, 2014 - 5:00 am

Haha. weighing scales are my worst enemy as it always tell the truth! But well, I like it only when I’m slimming down! 😛

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:40 pm

Ha ha ha, I am the same! I do tend to sulk if they go up… fortunately they seem to be going down at the moment! 🙂 x

Sin Yee December 16, 2014 - 6:41 am

I am seeking for a similar one too. Gotta measure my weight loss journey with it.

Franc Ramon December 16, 2014 - 7:24 am

Having weighing scales can really health you monitor you fitness regimen. It can help you adjust your workouts based on the results of the scale.

Elana Khong December 16, 2014 - 8:14 am

Very cool weighing scale. I stand on my scale every morning, it does help me keep track of my weight. 😀

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:39 pm

I both love and hate to stand on them every day, but it keeps me motivated – the scales are amazing!

R U S S December 16, 2014 - 8:32 am

Oh, I am envious. And well, I was asked to get a digital scale for my next meal program. This meal program requires me to check my weight everyday. Anyways, I will make sure that I look for Ozeri when I get my new digital scale. Goodluck to going back to your fitness journey. It can be challenging because of the holidays but with discipline and the right mindset, I’m sure you’ll do just fine.

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:38 pm

Absolutely! I find if I take a few days off, it really does take me time to get back into it all again… need to crack on and shift the butt! 🙂 Good luck with your meal program!

gillian December 16, 2014 - 10:07 am

glad that you have the determination & i love the scale! would definitely love to have these to motivate myself!

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:37 pm

They are definitely a motivator to losing weight – having the dial and digital display show you that you are losing weight is awesome! 🙂 x

Angelo The Explorer December 16, 2014 - 10:15 am

I love scales like this! This keeps me motivated and really reached my goal! I do weigh my self like once a week after I do my low carb high fat ! And so far lost 20 lbs!

S1m December 16, 2014 - 6:36 pm

That is an amazing loss!! Though you have just completed an 88k endurance marathon… kudos to you Angelo!! The scales are amazing and you cannot help but keep standing on them!

Khushboo December 17, 2014 - 3:26 am

Hope that this new year, you keep a resolution to be fit always and your weighing scales look really cool. All the best for reaching your weight goal 🙂

S1m December 17, 2014 - 9:43 am

I am hoping I can stick to it too, along with my other New Year’s Resolutions! 🙂 Have a wonderful time over the festive period!

yuhjiun December 17, 2014 - 5:01 am

haha I have this love and hate relationship with weighing scale as well :/ Work hard! 😀

S1m December 17, 2014 - 9:43 am

Thank you!! I am hoping they will be kind to mind over Christmas! 🙂

Eliz Frank December 17, 2014 - 2:48 pm

Hahaha! I guess if I have a scale that screamed at me every morning, I would freak out too. But it’s not a bad thing as it will keep you on your toes. I’m seeing Ozeri products everywhere. Good for them.

Raymond Vasquez December 17, 2014 - 3:12 pm

haha i am thinking of myself too. Christmas season already started. Party here and there, party everywhere. Tons of calorie intake, and zero work out. So this is a reminder for me. Lol! I need to hit the tennis court soon. 😀