Home Recipe Jus Rol Puff Pastry Tart Recipes

Jus Rol Puff Pastry Tart Recipes

Puff Pastry Tart Recipe

I am a huge fan of anything pastry based. Totally calorie laden but absolutely delicious!

Jus Rol is one of my favourite pastry brands to work with, I am totally lazy and for the life of me cannot make it myself. When pastry – especially puff pastry – is presented to me in the supermarket, in ready made packets, already rolled… who am I to ignore!

A meal I love to prepare (and eat) is a ‘Throw it all together Tart’. Using whatever is in your fridge, it is a really filling meal and is always a talking point.

I used to make a wilted spinach, cherry/plum tomato and mozzarella cheese puff pastry tart. Absolutely divine… wilt the spinach in butter whilst chopping the tomatoes and the cheese. Score an inch around the pastry and fill the middle with all the ingredients. Cook for 25-30 minutes at gas mark 5, or until the cheese starts to brown and the pastry edges have risen.

One of my favourite meals to cook, such a simple recipe to follow, so easy, yet packed with flavour.

Whilst at my parent’s in France, I adapted this recipe slightly but utilising all the fresh vegetables in their garden. I included chopped peppers, cheese, tomatoes, ham, red onions, bacon lardons and even pineapple. The puff pastry tarts went down a treat and it was great to use vegetables picked straight from the garden.

Puff Pastry Tart Recipe

Recently I have been using the same ingredients but swapped out the ham, bacon lardons and pineapple for chorizo and serrano ham. Ohhhh how did I not realise that serrano ham crisps up as it does? Cut into thin slices, the ham is easy to manipulate on top of the mound of vegetables and cheese, leaving a crispy top that breaks as soon as you cut into it. With the inclusion of ham, the tarts need to be cooked slightly longer.

Puff Pastry Recipe

By far this has to be my favourite meal to make and is an ideal date night treat!

Jus Rol kindly sent me vouchers to use on their Bake It Fresh range, however this post is totally dedicated to Puff Pastry… my favourite product in their range! The Bake It Fresh range includes 6 Apple Danish and 6 Cinnamon Swirls, ready made, simply place them in a pre-heated oven. The ready made Bake It Fresh range also includes croissants, focaccia bread and more – found in the chilled section.

Amanda December 28, 2014 - 3:44 pm

Oh me too, love pastry based things. Great for using up leftovers at Christmas.

Rodel Flordeliz January 9, 2015 - 8:32 pm

ooh theres bacon! I love bacon and pineapple! this looks great, will try this one at home.

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:20 am

Bacon and pineapple together or even pepperoni and pineapple is amazing! Bacon just goes… with everything 🙂

Beth January 9, 2015 - 10:17 pm

Aww mate!!! Why did this have to be the post I need to comment on? Food at this time of the night makes me want it!

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:20 am

Ha ha ha sorry chick, but you know how much I love these! Come on, we are both doing well… you can do it!!xx

Jodi Stevens January 10, 2015 - 12:01 am

That sounds delicious~! Thanks so much for sharing, I love trying out new recipes!

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:19 am

Definitely worth trying and the pictures do not do the pastry tarts justice, they are super yummy! 🙂

Amie January 10, 2015 - 4:39 am

Savoury pies are really delicious! Haven’t tried anything similar in my own kitchen yet though.. it looks photogenic too 🙂

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:17 am

Definitely worth a try – so quick and easy to make, just a case of using whatever you have up. Be warned though, they are very moreish! 🙂

May De Jesus-Palacpac January 10, 2015 - 4:48 am

I look at this and I faint in jealousy! I’ve recently had to change my diet and I’m not allowed to eat bacon at the moment. It looks so divine on your pastry tart!

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:16 am

Oh no 🙁 I am a bacon lover but it does not do anything for my hips and butt! The great thing about the puff pastry tarts is you can put anything on them!

Angelo The Explorer January 10, 2015 - 6:04 am

I love puff pastry however, you can’t get the proper puff in the Philippines due to the humidity. There are also restaurants serving pizza using puff pastry and it was the best!

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:15 am

I love puff pastry with anything! Puff pastry pizzas are great and a great meal for kids to help make too! 🙂

Fatemah Sajwani January 10, 2015 - 9:26 am

oooh this looks very delicious though i don’t like onion in my food.

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:14 am

The great thing is you can make these puff pastry tarts with anything – even your cupboard is low on food, you will still be able to find something to include!

Fernando Lachica January 10, 2015 - 12:09 pm

The photos looks yummy and I think can cook this way. Very easy cooking procedures.

S1m January 11, 2015 - 11:22 am

It could not be easier! Chop all the veg etc, score the already rolled out pastry and scatter all the ingredients in the middle – what you are left with is nothing short of seriously yummy!! 🙂

Katrina Centeno January 10, 2015 - 2:14 pm

I hope our local grocery would sell puff pastry dough so that we also create such delicious recipes in no time. I am drooling at the bacon. Yum!

S1m January 11, 2015 - 11:20 am

Definitely a comfort food treat but also the perfect meal too cook for special occasions! Hope you manage to find some puff pastry soon!

R U S S January 11, 2015 - 5:59 am

Ohhhh, that looks awesome. You have such an amazing gift. I wish I had the talent to create something as lovely and delectable as that. If you need help finishing it, lemme know. I would gladly volunteer.

S1m January 11, 2015 - 11:19 am

Good call!! There is so much taste – all the different flavours coming together, absolutely love it! You definitely need to try one!

phyliciamarie January 12, 2015 - 3:02 am

These are so easy to do! No wonder you love the puff pastry so much! perfect for quick fixes that are yummy anyway.

S1m January 12, 2015 - 9:47 am

It’s all so easy to make and with ready rolled puff pastry available there is no need to stress!

Sunshine Kelly January 12, 2015 - 3:27 am

That pizza looks delicious. I do keep frozen pizzas and pastries in my fridge. Whenever I am hungry and lazy I just whipped pizzas from what ever ingredients that I find in my fridge.

S1m January 12, 2015 - 9:46 am

It’s a pizza type concept but even yummier! Definitely prefer the puff pastry tarts to pizza any day! 🙂

Fred January 12, 2015 - 11:59 am

I love savory tarts especially with vegetables! Pineapple is always a great perk in a tart too. This is so tasty!

S1m January 12, 2015 - 1:43 pm

The pineapple was added for my mini me at her request! Have to admit, I am glad she did ask for it – great addition 🙂 x

Louise January 12, 2015 - 12:23 pm

Sorry, I’m not so familiar with the brand so I’d be asking a few questions. So like is this a ready pack and you’ll just microwave or bake it? Something like that? If so, I’d want to have this brand be available here in the Philippines too! 🙂

S1m January 12, 2015 - 1:41 pm

You can get the ready roll sheets yes or a block of puff pastry – the ready rolled is slightly more expensive however, everything is prepared and all you need to do is score around the edge. Simply cook it in the oven and you are ready to eat!

elana January 12, 2015 - 1:00 pm

Homemade is always best. Generous filling is yummy.

S1m January 12, 2015 - 2:04 pm

You definitely cannot beat homemade food! Greatest thing about the puff pastry tarts is you can fill them as much or as little as you like 🙂

Tiffany Yong W.T. (tiffanyyongwt) January 12, 2015 - 2:30 pm

This is definitely something fun to try out with your loved one and family member. Remind me of home-made pizza where you just throw what you want in and bake them!

Marie January 12, 2015 - 2:44 pm

I was just about to announce that I’m hungry and this post came up! Ahhh. What a tease!

It looks so good. Can I have some?

i will try this myself and see how it’ll come out! 🙂

Eliz Frank January 12, 2015 - 9:01 pm

What a lovely and tasty savory dish. I don’t eat meat so I would add another veggie or tofu. Yummy.