Home Weight Loss Weight Loss Wednesday: Week One #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday: Week One #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

Welcome to Weight Loss Wednesday from Sim’s Life!

The New Year has started in earnest and unfortunately for me, so has my new diet. This will be a regular Weight Loss Wednesday feature with linky – run alongside the Musing Housewife. If you are on a health kick too, have any recipes, exercise tips etc, feel free to join us in our journey!

I was fairly good over Christmas and New Year with regards to eating and drinking, knowing full well January would be a shock to the old system otherwise! Managing to maintain weight over Christmas is extremely difficult due to the fact that every highly calorific food item is thrust in your face… and who can resist? Clearly I did!

Onwards and downwards though and I am happy that in the first week of January I have already lost 4lbs… this is a good start towards my goal of losing a stone by the end of January… I must remember, it can be done!

So, how have I managed this loss and how will I be ensuring I continue on my weight loss journey to reach my target? With the help of…

• Weight Watchers – I started on the diet in January 2013 and went on to lose almost 3 stone that year. My freezer is stocked up with WW meals again and I am restricting my daily food intake accordingly.
  • MyFitnessPal – luckily this has stored all my details from the last time I used the app. It’s fantastic for tracking your weight loss, food intake, calories, exercise etc – a must have app for anyone on a health kick!
  • No alcoholic beverages or carbonated drinks – actually this is probably the easiest part of my diet! I am not missing alcohol or cheeky cans of Pepsi Max and as such have already seen a difference in my tummy from not being as bloated!
  • Exercise – I had the crazy notion that Insanity was going to get me through, have you tried the DVD? It is exactly that… Insane! I am slowly working my way through , sweating buckets must be a good thing right? On top of that I am also utilising my exercise bike during the day and going to the gym – back to the Couch 2 5K… I am hiding from the personal trainer!
  • Giving up the thinking sticks – I have rather randomly and quietly given up smoking, it had been coming for a while, so I thought ‘what the hell!’. Normally this would result in weight gain due to the habit of hand to mouth, however, with the aid of my e-cig I am getting by quite easily!
  • My lovely mates – as you can see, I am running this weekly Weigh In Wednesday linky with Beth over at the Musing Housewife. Her journey will be a little different to mine as she will be on Slimming World. I love Weight Watchers as I am aware of what I can get away with on any particular day, so for me it will be interesting to see how Slimming World actually works.

January is ‘the’ month to start a health kick, have you started one? Would be great to hear from you and find out how you are getting on, so please feel free to join in with our weekly weight loss linky!

Come back next week to see how we are all getting on with our weight loss!

HANA @ DollHana.com January 7, 2015 - 1:12 pm

Can definitely relate with weight-watching woes during the holidays! The secret to losing weight is finding a weight loss regimen you can commit to!

S1m January 7, 2015 - 1:17 pm

Abolutely! Having lost weight on Weight Watchers before and maintained, I certainly know I can do it again – just need to put more effort in with the exercise and stay away from carbonated drinks! πŸ™‚

otilia January 7, 2015 - 1:59 pm

Love that you are so determined! Really need to start again and hopefully succed this time around!

S1m January 7, 2015 - 2:13 pm

I am determined to get rid of the butt once and for all! πŸ™‚ Good luck on your journey chick, feel free to link up too, certainly spurs every one on!x

otilia January 7, 2015 - 2:40 pm

Will do as soon as i will write a post x

S1m January 7, 2015 - 3:51 pm

Awesome! Good luck chick, you can do it! We are all in the same boat, so there is lots of support xx

Lorane January 7, 2015 - 2:03 pm

The New Year is always “the” best time for a Health Kick. Weight Watchers has great reviews which I’m sure will be beneficial. All the best on your journey

S1m January 7, 2015 - 2:15 pm

Thanks Lorane! I have previously followed Weight Watchers and managed to lose almost 3 stone and maintained as best I can. Starting again has been easy – loving the health kick this time around and will keep on it as long as I can. πŸ™‚

Alissa January 7, 2015 - 2:59 pm

We’re having the same goal! πŸ™‚ I’m gonna try Kayla Itsines bikini body guide. She has a book about it and I hope it will work for me

S1m January 7, 2015 - 3:50 pm

Yey Alissa! Epic, I have never heard of Kayla Itsines – if you are going to blog about your journey, don’t forget to link up to the weekly linky! Would be great to follow your progress!x

Fernando Lachica January 7, 2015 - 3:25 pm

This is good in maintaining healthy image and body. You are very determined for this scheduled fitness program.

S1m January 7, 2015 - 3:49 pm

Thanks Fernando, yes I am… unfortunately I am not getting any younger. Having done the diet before I am fully aware it works… just need to stay away from booze this time! πŸ™‚

Penny Carr January 7, 2015 - 4:20 pm

Good luck! Strangely my clothes all seem to have got smaller over Christmas too so time for me to pull on my running shoes once again.

Mammasaurus January 7, 2015 - 4:38 pm

Good luck sausage! The couch 2 5k is epic – I’ll be watching to see how you get on.
(that sounds creepy doesn’t it?!)

S1m January 7, 2015 - 5:27 pm

Ha ha ha! Erm… no, not in the slightest LOL! You would however see that I am a sweaty mess! I was doing really well, was moving onto week 4 and then the PT changed my program, struggling to get back into it again. It will all come together! πŸ™‚

Emma January 7, 2015 - 6:15 pm

Loved this super positive post! Good luck with everything! I need to lose a bit of weight and have grand plans for morning yoga before work. I might start tomorrow! (I always say that!) πŸ˜€

Susan Mann January 7, 2015 - 8:09 pm

Good luck lovely. xx

Maureen January 8, 2015 - 4:21 am

Sounds like you are well prepared to start this journey! πŸ˜€ Well done and I am on the same path to live healthier.

S1m January 8, 2015 - 11:57 am

Feel free to link up to the Weight Loss Wednesday linky – it’s for anyone on a health kick, would be great to see your progress! Good luck Maureen!

Maureen January 9, 2015 - 12:58 am

Thank you so much! I’ve added the link. πŸ˜€ Here’s to a healthier us!

S1m January 9, 2015 - 10:50 am

Awww bless you Maureen, thank you! Absolutely – I am feeling awesome! Hope you are too!x

Skinny B January 8, 2015 - 5:32 am

This is really helpful. I will try this!

lee ros January 8, 2015 - 6:11 am

its really hard to go on a diet. but its all true. give up alcoholic drinks, sodas and sweets and surely you will start losing weight gradually

Franc Ramon January 8, 2015 - 8:40 am

It’s nice that there are apps now to watch your weight. It’s also important to have the right mix of exercise, diet and avoiding fatty foods and drinks like alcohol.

Emma January 8, 2015 - 9:56 am

I am trying, but failing at the moment. Coffee is my big weakness, and when I say coffee I say Latte!

Elizabeth January 8, 2015 - 12:21 pm

I can just imagine how mental the Insanity DVD is… I’ve just finished Phase 1 of the P90X, Phase 2 started yesterday. I love it, but I hate it! 8lbs down so far and so I’ve linked up with your new fab challenge since I posted my own fitness/weight loss post today!

S1m January 8, 2015 - 1:35 pm

Ahhhh the P90X is on the same lines I believe – that is a fantastic weight loss so far! Moving onto a new day of the schedule tonight, am looking forward to it. It really gets you sweating in places you never assumed would sweat. Many thanks for linking up and keep us updated on your progress, especially with P90X!xx

chantelle hazelden January 8, 2015 - 2:04 pm

well done on the weight loss so far, seems like you’ve got a really great attitude about it all x

S1m January 8, 2015 - 9:40 pm

Thanks Chantelle – will certainly be trying your recipe this weekend – looks super yummy and filling! Just what I need for a change!

Louise January 8, 2015 - 2:45 pm

I will adopt some of your list to maintain my weigh also. Just last week, I started running/jogging and I hope I can really keep up. I’m not into weight loss but more on being fit. πŸ™‚

S1m January 8, 2015 - 9:40 pm

Ohhh great news on the running! I never wanted to start but I actually enjoy it! The linky will be a weekly link up – if you write any posts about your running feel free to link up! πŸ™‚

Sunshine Kelly January 8, 2015 - 6:03 pm

Thanks for the sharing. I think this is a great idea to keep us on track. I should remind myself to cultivate a healthier and fitter lifestyle.

S1m January 8, 2015 - 9:38 pm

Thanks Kelly! Appreciate your comment – January certainly does seem to be the month for a healthy start!

Pinkoddy January 8, 2015 - 11:48 pm

Good luck with it all – sounds like you are doing a lot all at once. You can do it girl πŸ™‚

S1m January 9, 2015 - 10:49 am

So far it’s all going well and I have lost an extra pound. I don’t do things by halves – doing so much keeps my mind occupied for sure!

Hina Naz January 9, 2015 - 2:24 am

I agreed with your post. Running is best way to reduce the weight. its my new year resolution to reduce weight

Fred January 9, 2015 - 2:08 pm

I used to think my problem was weight gain than weight loss. However, as I get older I have to admit that I am getting soft in the middle now. One of these days I will have to accept that I have to lose weight too.

S1m January 9, 2015 - 6:34 pm

That’s the problem Fred… as we get older, it gets harder to shake the weight off – so I am stepping up a gear to get a grip on it… hope it works! πŸ™‚

Jenny @ The Brick Castle January 9, 2015 - 3:03 pm

I think quietly is always the best way to give up smoking πŸ™‚

S1m January 9, 2015 - 6:33 pm

Thanks chick – I am doing well, easier to give something up when you are bored of it rather than be forced! πŸ™‚ I have not succumbed yet!

Eliz Frank January 9, 2015 - 3:26 pm

Bravo on your successes to date! I’m glad that you’ve chosen to stick to the program you followed. I bought the Insanity Video and watch it once. Haha! Here’s to an awesome year.

S1m January 9, 2015 - 6:32 pm

Everything is going well at the moment, just hoping it all lasts. The weight coming off is definitely motivation in itself! Insanity is proper crazy! Eek!

Tiffany Yong W.T. (tiffanyyongwt) January 9, 2015 - 4:06 pm

Weight loss is all about healthy balanced diet and life-long plus regular exercise. Do persevere and not stop! It’ll be satisfying!

S1m January 9, 2015 - 6:31 pm

Could not agree more – loving my new health kick, seems to be going well at the moment πŸ™‚

Janice Min January 10, 2015 - 2:48 am

Good Luck for your goal πŸ˜‰ Well, gymnasts needs to do all the push ups, plank, running and ect….

S1m January 10, 2015 - 11:18 am

Thank you Janice, I need it!! I think I will stick to running and weights at the gym – planking is awful πŸ™

Joy Felizardo January 10, 2015 - 12:35 pm

Come January, after food binging and partying, getting back into shape is the in thing! Good suggestions btw!

S1m January 11, 2015 - 11:21 am

Absolutely! It is the best time to start a health kick – you have a fresh outlook on everything and it is easier to remain motivated!

thisdayilove January 11, 2015 - 11:28 am

Love this linky and look forward to your progress. Thanks for joining Linked

S1m January 11, 2015 - 11:33 am

Thank you so much lovely!! πŸ™‚ It is definitely a long journey but chipping away constantly definitely helps! πŸ™‚ Thank you for letting me link up! πŸ™‚ x

Kath S {isitwineoclockyet} January 11, 2015 - 1:59 pm

Thanks for hosting. I have used weight watchers in the past and lost 3 stone with them. Once I had Flo I did the 5:2 and lost 1st 1/2 so am just jumping back on that noww. Look forward to keeping up with everyones ideas πŸ™‚ #weekendbloghop

S1m January 11, 2015 - 2:48 pm

Wow! That is epic weight loss Kath! Thank you so much for linking up, will be great to see your progress on the 5:2 diet, it’s totally alien to me but am always interested in finding out more! You have proved that it does work – a definite ‘thinspiration’ πŸ™‚ xx

Karen Gribbon January 11, 2015 - 2:07 pm

I’m also trying to lose some weight. But I’m going gluten and dairy free for a while to see if it helps my weight management and annoying occasional upset tummy. I’d thyroid cancer 2 years ago and weight has been a real bugger since then. Anyways, will watch your journey with interest.

S1m January 11, 2015 - 2:47 pm

It will be interesting to see your journey Karen, if you blog about it, please do link up and let us know how you are getting on! Hope all is well now and good luck on your journey xx

Emman January 11, 2015 - 2:12 pm

Thanks! This is a good alternative for weight loss. This week is a good start for wight loss and health stuff.

S1m January 11, 2015 - 2:46 pm

Thank you! Yes, I am definitely feeling motivated with it all and looking forward to seeing my scales go down… bring on the next week! πŸ™‚

Amy January 11, 2015 - 9:02 pm

Hi Sim!

Thanks so much for linking up with #52HealthyWeeks I am loving your weight loss goals and this link up too, I’ll be sure to link up each week and we can share the motivation! Good luck xx

S1m January 12, 2015 - 9:48 am

Thanks so much Amy!! Absolutely – it’s all about motivating each other – we all have the same end goals, just different journeys to get there and it’s nice to read how everyone is getting on. Good luck with your journey and look forward to linking up with you again! << not as dodgy as it sounds! x

Mrs. AOK January 12, 2015 - 5:24 pm

Congratulations to you!!! Wow, lots of great positive change this year πŸ™‚
I’m with you on trying to lose weight.
Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday!
XOXO

mummy m's memories January 12, 2015 - 6:58 pm

Good luck on your journey, and well done for giving up the cigs. I love my fitness pal too, its a god send, and brilliant that its free! πŸ™‚

Dating Coach Advice: Empower Your Man... Say What?! - Sim's Life January 13, 2015 - 11:35 am

[…] the bad things that I didn’t actually need any more… (find out what these were in my Weight Loss Wednesday post) and as such have a far better outlook on everything, including […]