The New Year has started in earnest and unfortunately for me, so has my new diet. This will be a regular Weight Loss Wednesday feature with linky – run alongside the Musing Housewife. If you are on a health kick too, have any recipes, exercise tips etc, feel free to join us in our journey!
I was fairly good over Christmas and New Year with regards to eating and drinking, knowing full well January would be a shock to the old system otherwise! Managing to maintain weight over Christmas is extremely difficult due to the fact that every highly calorific food item is thrust in your face… and who can resist? Clearly I did!
Onwards and downwards though and I am happy that in the first week of January I have already lost 4lbs… this is a good start towards my goal of losing a stone by the end of January… I must remember, it can be done!
So, how have I managed this loss and how will I be ensuring I continue on my weight loss journey to reach my target? With the help of…
- Weight Watchers – I started on the diet in January 2013 and went on to lose almost 3 stone that year. My freezer is stocked up with WW meals again and I am restricting my daily food intake accordingly.
- MyFitnessPal – luckily this has stored all my details from the last time I used the app. It’s fantastic for tracking your weight loss, food intake, calories, exercise etc – a must have app for anyone on a health kick!
- No alcoholic beverages or carbonated drinks – actually this is probably the easiest part of my diet! I am not missing alcohol or cheeky cans of Pepsi Max and as such have already seen a difference in my tummy from not being as bloated!
- Exercise – I had the crazy notion that Insanity was going to get me through, have you tried the DVD? It is exactly that… Insane! I am slowly working my way through , sweating buckets must be a good thing right? On top of that I am also utilising my exercise bike during the day and going to the gym – back to the Couch 2 5K… I am hiding from the personal trainer!
- Giving up the thinking sticks – I have rather randomly and quietly given up smoking, it had been coming for a while, so I thought ‘what the hell!’. Normally this would result in weight gain due to the habit of hand to mouth, however, with the aid of my e-cig I am getting by quite easily!
- My lovely mates – as you can see, I am running this weekly Weigh In Wednesday linky with Beth over at the Musing Housewife. Her journey will be a little different to mine as she will be on Slimming World. I love Weight Watchers as I am aware of what I can get away with on any particular day, so for me it will be interesting to see how Slimming World actually works.
January is ‘the’ month to start a health kick, have you started one? Would be great to hear from you and find out how you are getting on, so please feel free to join in with our weekly weight loss linky!
Come back next week to see how we are all getting on with our weight loss!
get the InLinkz code
Inlinkz | Get script