Home Weight Loss Weight Loss Wednesday – Week Three – #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week Three – #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

Welcome to Weight Loss Wednesday on Sim’s Life!

Another week has gone by, which means another week of not drinking alcohol or lighting up a thinking stick… three weeks into the month! It just goes to show, that if you eradicate all the bad things at once, you have no idea which one you miss, so you don’t actually think about what you used to enjoy!Β Now, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing I would love more than to scoff a Kit Kat Chunky right now, but deep down, I know that it will not help me on my weight loss journey.

I have been ridiculously strict with myself the past couple of days especially and have been attempting to keep my calorie intake well below 1200.

FoodΒ – Ok, so at 35 daily Weight Watchers points and a Weight Watchers Point being roughly 40 calories, on the diet I am allowed 1400 calories a day. When I consider what I have been eating, 1400 calories is actually quite a lot and does it sound crazy to say I would struggle, unless I was shovelling junk food into my mouth… which I don’t particularly want to do anyway. That’s what I love about Weight Watchers, it totally retrains your eating habits and certain foods may not appeal any more. This can really only be a good thing for me!

20150116_111540_resized

Delicious fruit and veg from Abel & Cole

Exercise – Wooooah, I have totally ramped it up this week! What with 2 gym visits to complete Week 3 of the Couch to 5K, alongside weights, I have also rocked 40 minutes on the bike all but one day when I completed only 30 minutes… as well as epic dog walks in the snow. It’s all thanks to my FitBit Flex which I finally decided to use properly and sync with MyFitnessPal (very clever indeed!). When I first used the FitBit, I honestly thought it was broken, I could not fathom out how to use it. Now, it is on my wrist from when I wake up to when I go to sleep and I completely forget about it. I love how the apps link to each other and keep a track of my exercise, steps taken, distance moved, when you were most active, how many active minutes you have had in a day, how many calories you have eaten and how many calories you have burned. The list really is endless and I am as addicted to it as I am weighing myself every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep.

Lovely dog walk in the snow

Lovely dog walk in the snow

Which reminds me… I have seen several bloggers state they have lost 2lbs overnight in statuses over the past week. Sorry to burst your bubble ladies… it is normal to lose 2lbs overnight… every night! You weigh your heaviest at night and your lightest in the morning… and I can assure you that I lose 2lbs every night, sometimes more. Honestly, take this from the person who religiously weighs every day!

So… without further ramblings, the most important part of the post… how am I getting on with weight loss?

Total loss this week: 3lbs

Total loss Week 1: 4lbs

Total loss Week 2: 2lbs

Total loss so far: 9lbs

Get in! *Fist pumps*

I am doing ok, this is good and is definitely spurring me on. With only 10 days to go until the end of the month, I fear I may be a pound or two off my target of a stone loss in January, however, I am immensely proud of what I have lost so far. Just goes to show you can lose weight by eating healthily and simply moving more!

How are you getting on with Week 3? Are you still enjoying your diet or fitness regime? Is there anything you have changed to make it slightly easier or up the ante?

Feel free to share your journey in our weekly Weight Loss Wednesday linky – share some love, motivation and inspiration with other bloggers by commenting on their progress… bring on Week 4!!

There are no rules, but if you could comment on the other blog link ups that would be great, it supports everyone and keeps us all motivated πŸ™‚

If you would like to feature the Weight Loss Wednesday badge on your site… that would be epic πŸ™‚ x

Cheryl @ Madhouse Family Reviews January 21, 2015 - 1:34 pm

woohoo go you ! I ground to a halt last week which means my motivation has taken a knock *sigh*

S1m January 21, 2015 - 2:13 pm

Thanks Cheryl! Come Sunday I always seem to find a new lease and tend to eat less and exercise more. Hope you are having a better week – we need to take a break every now and then to keep focused!xx

Elizabeth January 21, 2015 - 1:48 pm

Well done you!! Although with all that exercise you might not be getting enough calories (she says, the person who is doing EXACTLY the same thing as you… trying to keep to the 1200 range!). It’s not easy is it…!

S1m January 21, 2015 - 2:49 pm

I’m finding it easy to stick to the 1,000 calories, tend to do it on a Monday and Tuesday ready for the Wednesday weigh in – tonight we are having a roast though as I need a veg and meat pick me up – the weather outside is awful, only just stopped snowing. Picked the mini me up from school early and we are now chilling. Cannot wait for a proper roast! You are doing fab too, I am so happy for your success on P90X!xx

S1m January 21, 2015 - 1:52 pm

I know 5lbs in the next 10 days is a big ask. With my birthday and treat meals out too, I doubt it will happen… but hey… your birthday only comes around once a year! We are all doing well… so proud of everyone! Thank you again for linking up and using the badge! πŸ™‚ xx

Maureen January 21, 2015 - 2:30 pm

Woohoo congrats on the weight loss! I didn’t know we can sync Fit Bit with My Fitness Pal! Hah, obviously I’ve been living under a rock. πŸ˜€ Thank you so much for sharing that. I will be playing around with it tonight. Also thank you for linking up with us at Wellness Wednesday too.

S1m January 21, 2015 - 2:46 pm

Ohhhhhh yes!! Together they are absolutely awesome – it can become slightly addictive syncing up and finding out how many calories you have burned and steps taken but I am loving the FitBit! πŸ™‚ x

Chef Jay January 21, 2015 - 3:49 pm

I totally agree with your food goals. 1400 calories is very achievable, especially if you stick with vegetables. Also, get carbs into your system with oatmeal. It’s fiber rich and packed with nutrients!

S1m January 21, 2015 - 4:08 pm

Good advice, thanks for that!! πŸ™‚

Gabby January 21, 2015 - 3:54 pm

Fab results so far…well done! I have to say it sounds as though I am a little like yourself in that I weigh myself alot too! Every time I am in the bathroom in fact!! x

S1m January 21, 2015 - 4:09 pm

Ha, I really cannot help myself, I must think I will magically lose a stone over night – if only it was that simple!

LaToya January 21, 2015 - 4:01 pm

Three weeks may not seem much to some, but I commend you. Not just for the weight loss, but more so on not smoking or drinking. Hang in there, and I wish you nothing but the best.

S1m January 21, 2015 - 4:11 pm

Thank you so much LaToya! I do believe doing everything at once is making it easier not to miss one particular thing and I will be saving money! πŸ™‚

Rodame MN January 21, 2015 - 4:03 pm

Waw nice, you did it, i really hope i can do the same, but i need more exercises to reach the weight loss. but thanks for share, now i know i have a homework, the true homework ‘get the weight loss’.

S1m January 21, 2015 - 4:11 pm

You can do it!! I have found the results keep coming when I kick my own butt and put more into the exercise, sweat is a good thing! πŸ™‚

Fernando Ceballos Lachica January 21, 2015 - 5:26 pm

Weight loss is the most important part of fitness and health. Women should consume healthy foods and doing the regular exercise program. Your determination to proceed will give the best result.

S1m January 21, 2015 - 6:14 pm

Thanks for that Fernando… should men not also consume healthy foods?! For it is true, when men get over a certain hill they start suffering with beer bellies!! πŸ˜‰

Kath S {isitwineoclockyet} January 21, 2015 - 10:31 pm

Well done Sim thats a great weight loss. You should be very proud.!
Thanks for hosting – its kept me on the straight and narrow on a demotivated week knowing I will be letting you all now how it’s gone πŸ™‚ x

S1m January 22, 2015 - 12:42 pm

Ahhh cheers Kath, I am very chuffed indeed – all the hard work is paying off, just need to stick to the diet and exercise plan as long as possible! Thanks for linking up, it certainly keeps everyone motivated reading how each other is getting on! πŸ™‚ See you next week x

S1m January 22, 2015 - 5:03 pm

Uh ha – come on chick you can do it!! Thank you so much – put the hard work in last week and it paid off, need to do the same again this week to stay on track for the stone loss by the end of the month – only another 5lbs to go… I can do it and so can you – hope your fast day went well!!xx

Debra@AModernTranslation January 22, 2015 - 12:57 am

Sounds like you had a great week. I love your comment about the benefit of eliminating all the bad stuff all at once you don’t know which one you miss the most. That never dawned on me. πŸ™‚ Visiting from Wellness Wednesday. Hope you have another great week!

S1m January 22, 2015 - 12:32 pm

Absolutely, it confuses your mind so you don’t know what you miss most! It seems to be working so far! πŸ˜€

Kylie January 22, 2015 - 8:35 am

So healthy!~ I wish to lost some weight on the tummY!~

S1m January 22, 2015 - 12:31 pm

Thanks Kylie, I am sure you will if you put your mind to it.

Alissa January 22, 2015 - 8:41 am

I am so jealous of your motivation. I’ve gained weight these past month and I should learn how to exercise and eat healthy again. This inspires me. You’ve done a great job!

S1m January 22, 2015 - 12:29 pm

Thank you so much Alissa, it’s definitely easy once you get your head around it all! πŸ™‚ x

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins January 22, 2015 - 10:59 am

Well done! I have linked up for the first time and I look forward to following your journey x

S1m January 22, 2015 - 12:27 pm

Thank you so much for linking up Kirsty! Same applies, look forward to following your journey too! πŸ™‚ xx

Franc Ramon January 22, 2015 - 3:10 pm

Congrats on the weight loss. I think you’re ready for 5K since you can already do 40 minutes of bike. An easy paced 5K can be finished in 40 minutes.

S1m January 22, 2015 - 5:01 pm

Erghhhhh the bike is totally different to running! I do 10 min slots on the bike anyway! πŸ˜‰ My problem is finding the right running speed for myself. At the gym I am running 9kph – 6 mins 40 a mile, too fast for me to sustain over a long run πŸ™

Carly January 22, 2015 - 3:33 pm

I’m really late to the ‘Wednesday’ party but added my link anyway and will be more punctual next time!

S1m January 22, 2015 - 5:00 pm

No need chick, the linky is open till the next Weight Loss Wednesday as everyone has different days when they write their weight loss posts. Thank you for linking up and see you next week!xx

HANA at DollHana.com January 22, 2015 - 3:35 pm

Congrats on the weight loss! I’ve also been running to try and lose weight recently. Keep us updated on your weight loss methods!

S1m January 22, 2015 - 4:59 pm

Fab news on the running Hana! Keep it up – I do find that running is an all round toner, loving my gym time! Will do!

Papaleng Pagulong January 22, 2015 - 4:16 pm

Happy for you that your weight is now on check. More veggies and fruits will keep your weight down.

S1m January 22, 2015 - 4:59 pm

I am certainly working hard and reaping the rewards, need to shift a lot more weight yet!

Mrs. AOK January 22, 2015 - 4:28 pm

Congrats on your 3 week success!!! This is awesome. Some of my new gym stuff showed up this week, I’m excited.
XOXO

S1m January 22, 2015 - 4:58 pm

I am hoping for a good loss in week 4 and a final roundup at the end of the month – need to push it more. My target was a stone by the end of January and I an so close!! Ohhhh love new gym stuff!!

nicol January 22, 2015 - 7:08 pm

awesome weight loss! keep at it, you can do it

S1m January 22, 2015 - 10:48 pm

Thanks Nicol, appreciate it! Certainly motivated at the moment and I am going to keep riding that wave! πŸ™‚

Fred January 22, 2015 - 7:53 pm

Congratulations on your progress! Thank you for reminding me that we should all put importance into getting fit and healthy.

S1m January 22, 2015 - 10:47 pm

Thank you Fred! Wish I had started properly on the journey sooner but better late than never!

Emma January 22, 2015 - 10:43 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I am also on MFP – it’s such a great tool to use! My username is: meem548 so feel free to add me!

Em πŸ™‚

S1m January 22, 2015 - 10:46 pm

I will add you, thanks for that Em, love MFP! Greatest app ever!x

eliz frank January 23, 2015 - 3:02 am

I think you’re doing a great job of losing weight. I’m impressed by your progress, and encourage you to keep it going. πŸ™‚

S1m January 23, 2015 - 4:58 pm

Thank you Elizabeth! Definitely feeling motivated to keep this up for the long term! πŸ™‚

Elana Khong January 23, 2015 - 5:58 am

Congrats on your achievement. It’s ironic though that to eat healthy most of the time cost more than those junk foods.

S1m January 23, 2015 - 4:58 pm

I know! Luckily though we have stores such as Aldi which are ridiculously cheap for fresh fruit and veg… my fave store! πŸ™‚

Louise January 23, 2015 - 12:56 pm

I really have high respect for those who do weight loss and fitness program because having a weight goal is really hard! It’s good that you document your progress this way so you could be motivated. You’re off to a good start! Keep it up!

S1m January 23, 2015 - 4:57 pm

Thank you Louise! Definitely feeling very motivated! I had an epic lunch today for a restaurant review and feel seriously guilty for eating so much… back on it now! πŸ™‚

Marie January 23, 2015 - 3:28 pm

Geez! This is so amazing! Two thumbs up to you and the other participants of Weight Loss Wednesday! My goal is to lose weight as well, hopefully I can balance my schedule and insert some exercises in it.

S1m January 23, 2015 - 4:56 pm

Hope the posts give you some inspiration Marie and good luck on your journey! πŸ™‚

Raymond Vasquez January 24, 2015 - 2:10 am

Wow! You’re ripping that body off? πŸ™‚ Congrats on that weight loss!

This is another post that reminds me of taking care of my body! great job! Should set my own goal too. πŸ™‚

S1m January 25, 2015 - 11:02 am

Thanks Raymond, I wish it were that easy to rip a butt cheek off, unfortunately it isn’t but the hard work seems to be slowly and steadily paying off! πŸ™‚

Yanet @ Momento Dulce January 24, 2015 - 12:49 pm

Wow, congrats for your weight loss! Oh ya, I have some information for you who wants to loss more weight. Drink 1 tbs of cinnamon powder (boiled with water) twice a day, in the morning and in the night. I haven’t try it yet but my friend did this and it works for her. I hope it helps you too! πŸ˜‰

You can google it about the safety but I’m sure it’s ok, unless too much. Everything too much is not good for our health, right? *imho* ^_^

Thanks for sharing your motivation. It’s a really nice post!

S1m January 25, 2015 - 11:01 am

Thanks Yanet, erm… I reckon I will let someone else try the cinnamon powder and boiled water and see how they get on. Love my chilled water from the fridge, it is totally getting me through this! πŸ™‚ x

Hannah January 24, 2015 - 7:09 pm

Absolutely brilliant, well done you! I love that our linkies are getting people motivated πŸ™‚ Thanks for linking with #BloggingToJogging xx

S1m January 25, 2015 - 10:58 am

Absolutely! It’s great to see everyone on their different journeys! The running posts certainly keep me motivated to keep going to the gym and push on! Thanks chick!!xx

mummy m's memories January 25, 2015 - 5:56 pm

Wow… well done on your great week. Weight watchers really seems to be working for you. I attempted it a few years ago, and got stuck after 5 wks, even increase gym visits didn’t help. Good luck with week 4.

S1m January 25, 2015 - 8:51 pm

Thank you so much chick! I am enjoying all the different foods – though I am turning more onto calorie counting as opposed to Weight Watchers now – more in the next post! πŸ™‚

thisdayilove January 27, 2015 - 9:45 am

Well done. In tempted by a fitbit but still undecided. Thanks for joining linked

S1m January 27, 2015 - 11:25 am

Thank you chick! I do like the FitBit, it can become slightly addictive though so be warned! πŸ˜‰

Beth February 5, 2015 - 1:15 pm

Well done mate! Just catching up on the last few weeks of #WeightLossWednesday.

S1m February 5, 2015 - 8:27 pm

Thanks chick – you get the info first hand every day anyway but still… better late than never to attend the party! πŸ˜‰ x

TweenselMom March 1, 2015 - 1:07 pm

Wow, i so envy you. a 1lb lost will be a huge milestone for me.

S1m March 1, 2015 - 3:05 pm

You will be able to do it if you put your mind to it chick! πŸ™‚