Home #WeightLossWednesday Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 4 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 4 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

Is it really Wednesday again? Where on earth has the last week gone?

It has flown by in a blur of gym visits, bike slots and not eating very much… so, without further ado, let’s get on with the show!

Thank you to everyone who linked up last week, how amazing! It’s great to see how everyone is getting on, feels like a weight loss family! Everyone is encouraging each other and there have been some fantastic tips, advice and even recipes. Slimming World is looking more and more appealing!

How well have I done this week?

Exercise – I have been on it! Bike again 30-40 minutes a day, the gym and long dog walks. I can really notice that my legs are toning up, I am dropping weight in my face, neck and shoulders and my rings are falling off my fingers… This is all fantastic, but when will my butt and hips disappear? It’s highly frustrating that you cannot pinpoint a section where you would like to lose weight!

Food – I have ditched the Weight Watchers diet in favour of calorie counting using MyFitnessPal. I am allowed 1,220 a day, I am trying to keep it around the 1,000 and less mark. Not particularly great but I am eating all healthy foods and have cut out chocolate, drink, fizzy drinks etc – my intake of veg and fruit has certainly increased and I am eating lots of protein. Who knew sliced Pastrami was low in calories and high in protein – I need an Aldi stock up! Though lots of food has been sent through this week to feature on Too Many Cooks… including Pressels… more about them next week!

Sacla

I have had 3 days off this week though because of my birthday. The once in a year opportunity and a restaurant review at Peachy Keen’s in Manchester (will feature on Manchester Mummy but totally recommend!). Even at the review… an all you can eat buffet… I was still very good and calorie counted everything! No alcohol has crossed my lips either… I do have a bottle of wine, yet it still remains unopened… what on earth has happened to me?!

Peachy Keen's

The joy of watching the scales slowly fall lower and lower is really spurring me on… remember, the more weight you have to lose, the larger your loss at the start! The closer you are to goal, the smaller your loss. Never be disheartened by a small loss… it all adds up!

Total loss this week: 0lbs

Total loss Week 1: 4lbs

Total loss Week 2: 2lbs

Total loss Week 3: 3lbs

Total loss so far: 9lbs

I am beyond gutted as I saw the scales fall down over the week and was hoping on a 2lb loss but clearly eating super yummy food, laden with calories has taken its toll. It’s all good, I was allowed to enjoy myself but it’s all back on track now. Clearly I am not going to lose 5lbs by the end of January but I can certainly get back on track and be closer! πŸ™‚

How have you managed this week? Keeping the momentum up is hard! How do you cope with social events? Do you limit yourself or do you allow yourself a treat?

Please do keep linking up and commenting, it’s really keeping everyone spurred on!

If you would like to feature the #WeightLossWednesday badge, please take this code!

get the InLinkz code

MummaG January 28, 2015 - 12:30 pm

Well done! I’ve not really been tracking my weight loss as I didn’t want to become too obsessive or disheartened. I just look at photos and compare but I am going to start tracking this week and see how it goes. You do lots of exercise which is great!

S1m January 28, 2015 - 1:07 pm

Tracking is great and keeps you motivated, it also can be quite addictive!! Thanks chick πŸ™‚ x

Pal Raine January 28, 2015 - 1:40 pm

Just discipline yourself to get the right weight. And tracking it is a good thing to do, so that you have a guide what is going on …are you improving or not.

S1m January 28, 2015 - 2:06 pm

Thanks Pal, am certainly finding how I have regulated my diet and increased my exercise is working! πŸ™‚

Gil Camporazo January 28, 2015 - 2:06 pm

Yes, you’ve done it well for consistency in following your weight loss program. You’ll be doing well and you’ll attain your target for the week or even as long as you live when discipline is consistently practiced.

S1m January 28, 2015 - 3:55 pm

Thanks Gil! Just takes a little motivation and determination to make a difference – easy to put weight on, slightly harder to lose it! πŸ™

Carly January 28, 2015 - 2:22 pm

I’m in the same boat, my birthday was a few days before yours and tying in a trip to Center Parcs I too didn’t lose any more weight, yet I didn’t put any on either!

S1m January 28, 2015 - 3:54 pm

I weigh every day and definitely saw the scales go down… and then up again. Damn things! I am sure they will go down again this next week! πŸ™‚ Hope you had a nice birthday!x

Fred January 28, 2015 - 3:14 pm

Wow, your rings are already falling off! Too bad you still do not see satisfactory results on your hips and thighs. I am sure it will go there with your dedication. With your legs toning up, those problem spots will soon follow.

S1m January 28, 2015 - 3:54 pm

I certainly hope so Fred! I most likely am losing weight off my behind, I just don’t see it but I am quite hard on myself!

Von Avancena January 28, 2015 - 3:37 pm

waaaahh! your discipline is commendable. i hope i can also lose that much weight as fast as you can πŸ™

S1m January 28, 2015 - 3:53 pm

Thank you! It’s very easy when you put your mind to it and cut out all the fattening things you eat and drink πŸ™‚

MollyMia January 28, 2015 - 4:26 pm

frankly speaking i will say 1000 kcals and less per day is way too low. 1200 kcals sounds like a better limit? i always hear ‘professionals’ saying never to go lower than 1200 kcals. i never asked why though. to me, it’s like… more calories allowed, so why ask questions? heehee!

S1m January 28, 2015 - 7:49 pm

Of course it is too low, MyFitnessPal tells me everytime I record my daily food intake. However I know what I am eating is healthy and I am not hungry. Therefore I see eating anything else as pointless. If only I had been like this in the past, I wouldn’t be so strict now πŸ™

hannah gee January 28, 2015 - 6:58 pm

You are doing amazing on your journey. Keep going, lots of positive thoughts heading your way.

S1m January 28, 2015 - 7:47 pm

Thank you so much Hannah!! I was allowed my week off but back on it now when I shift this damn cold πŸ™

Caroline January 28, 2015 - 8:32 pm

Wow sounds like you are doing so well! Happy Birthday and too right you deserved a treat, sounds like you are well and truly back on track now πŸ™‚ xx

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:12 am

Thanks so much Caroline, definitely back on track now despite the cold πŸ™ grrrr!! Hope you are having a good week! πŸ™‚ x

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins January 28, 2015 - 8:49 pm

It sounds like you are doing everything right and well done for being so good when you went out. I honestly don’t think I would have been! Hope you have a good week x

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:11 am

I knew I would just have to work even harder to shake off that particular day… just not worth it! Thanks chick, hope you are having a good week too!x

Mackenzie Glanville January 28, 2015 - 10:55 pm

good on you for your commitment

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:10 am

Thank you very much! Certainly feeling great for it! πŸ™‚ x

Mrs. AOK January 28, 2015 - 11:51 pm

You’re doing awesome! We put our CrossFit gym in the garage this weekend, and we’ve been busy using it. πŸ™‚
XOXO

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:09 am

That sounds awesome! Would love some gym equipment in my house – just not a crosstrainer!! πŸ™‚ Have fun!

Tiffany Yong January 29, 2015 - 4:22 am

Happy belated Birthday!
Just remember not to lose too much at one go, it will actually be bad for your body and you will lose the fats you want to keep (for example, our boobs!) This is coming from someone who went through the same problem!

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:08 am

The boobs are still there at the moment which is fantastic – also helps with my Friday night’s out! All is gravy at the moment, can always increase if needed! πŸ™‚

Maureen January 29, 2015 - 5:45 am

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had an awesome Birthday.

I’m sorry to ask but 1,000 calories a day seems a little too low? I’m not an expert of course but I have a friend who tracks her food with the same app you are using and she’s aiming for 1400 calories a day but she lift heavy weights. I would suggest adding some weights training to help move from the plateau? Building muscles will allows you to eat more and they helps lowering the body fat levels too πŸ™‚

Just an idea of course I hope you don’t mind, didn’t mean to come of as a know it all but I have been there before. You are on the right track tho. Find what works for you and pick something you enjoy doing.

Thank you so much for linking up too.

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:06 am

Would be interesting to know how much weight your friend is trying to lose? We are all different and have different goals!

I had been eating pizza and fried chicken and eaten out so that’s why my weight hasn’t moved. Actually – when you factor in water, not having sugar in your tea, yoghurt to start the day, huge ham salad sandwich or wrap, fruit for snacks and a Weight Watchers meal for dinner… it’s very easy to stay around the 1,000 calories but still actually be eating healthily and feel satisfied. No, long term it isn’t great but at least I am eating healthy foods.

Papaleng Pagulong January 29, 2015 - 9:11 am

You’ve done good, though you don’t lose weight . Perhaps eating less sweet foodies and the scale will fall down this week.

S1m January 29, 2015 - 3:44 pm

Oh no, I know I ate the wrong food over my birthday plus I had a huge piece of birthday cake – I normally wouldn’t have done that!

John January 29, 2015 - 11:01 am

I admire your motivation and discipline… I mean compared to me, I don’t have any plan nor any idea as to how am I gonna be fit again. Sigh!

S1m January 29, 2015 - 3:43 pm

Aww thanks John, it’s a now or never scenario and I want to look good in the summer so that is spurring me on! πŸ™‚

Yong Sin Yee January 29, 2015 - 11:19 am

I am currently eating lesser in order to lose my weight. And of course reduce those oily fried food and junk food are a must!

S1m January 29, 2015 - 3:42 pm

Absolutely! Takeaways are calorie overload but so tasty! Quite easy to give them up though and you save a fortune!

Betty and the Bumps January 29, 2015 - 1:48 pm

I think you’re so disciplined to stick to 1200 calories a day. I set myself a limit of 1800 and I’ve come under most days, but I’m not sure I could go that low, not without a lot of forward meal planning anyway.

Good luck with the rest of the week!

x

#weightlosswednesday

S1m January 29, 2015 - 3:42 pm

I have an awful lot of ham and chicken slices in my fridge, along with salad! I am living off Weight Watchers bread at the moment – 50 calories a slice and low sugar – it means I still have my bread, which I do need otherwise I become very grumpy and have carb withdrawls. My problem was takeaways and fizzy drinks – cutting those out has been easy!

Raymond Vasquez January 29, 2015 - 3:26 pm

Bottom line still is fitness. I’ve seen people who goes to gym but can’t even run fast. Functional fitness is more important than aesthetics. I do admire though how you keep up with things. πŸ™‚ Still great to be fit. πŸ™‚

S1m January 29, 2015 - 3:40 pm

Thanks so much Raymond! Absolutely! I am sure once I am fully into the swing of things and have a target distance in mind, my speed will settle down!

Franc Ramon January 29, 2015 - 4:06 pm

I think for the butt and hips, you really need specific exercise like squats. It’s nice that you are regular in your workouts and constantly losing weight.

S1m January 29, 2015 - 9:27 pm

You will love the FitBit – make sure you connect it to MFP and then everything is synced – I swear by mine to keep me going!

Kylie January 30, 2015 - 2:20 am

I wish I could lose some weight.. Especially in the tummy area.. but need more determination and motivation to do that.. πŸ™‚

S1m January 30, 2015 - 12:48 pm

You will get there Kylie! πŸ™‚

Sunshine Kelly January 30, 2015 - 4:57 am

Oppss… you did not lose any weight this week. Well it’s ok since its your birthday. Happy Birthday and I hope you will lose more weight the following week. Keep going.

S1m January 30, 2015 - 12:47 pm

Thank you so much!! Yeah, we are allowed a couple of days off when it’s our birthday! Back on it now! πŸ™‚

Jason Panuelos January 30, 2015 - 12:39 pm

Whoaaa that doesn’t look like diet food because it all looks so good! Haha! Hope you reach your dream weight soon! πŸ˜€

S1m January 30, 2015 - 12:46 pm

Thanks Jason – definitely naughty food but back on track now! πŸ™‚

Eliz Frank January 30, 2015 - 2:21 pm

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Keep up the good work and it’s true that the closer we get to our goal, the harder it seems to lose those extra pounds. They will come off eventually. πŸ™‚

S1m January 30, 2015 - 5:20 pm

They will indeed! It has been a nice relaxing week but back on it now! πŸ™‚

Camille January 30, 2015 - 8:53 pm

Looks like you’re doing awesome, congrats!

S1m January 30, 2015 - 10:04 pm

Thanks Cami! Lovely to see you back! πŸ™‚ XX

Verily Victoria Vocalises January 31, 2015 - 2:53 pm

You are still doing REALLY well. I understand why you might be disappointed about the non-loss but that is better than a gain and it was your birthday after all! πŸ™‚

S1m January 31, 2015 - 8:10 pm

Thanks Vicky! Yeah it was one week off and is totally allowed, just annoying my birthday has to be at the start of the year and when I am in my stride too – back on it now though! πŸ™‚ x

we3three January 31, 2015 - 4:03 pm

you are doing brill, what a fab start to the year. ive just linked up for the first time, will be back for a good read later x

S1m January 31, 2015 - 8:09 pm

Thank you lovely… it’s going well so far so hoping for a good loss this week! Thank you for linking up and hope to see you again next week! πŸ™‚ x

steph January 31, 2015 - 10:04 pm

How did I not know about this linky? best of lucky with it. I’m trying not to focus on the scales this time round, I’m weighing in weekly but will only blog about it monthly but do updates each week about food or activities or misc…to be decided!!

Rina February 1, 2015 - 4:17 pm

Ough the hips…really, I need to remove them too..I mean not all but at least make them smaller. Thank you for the motivation you spark over here πŸ™‚

S1m February 1, 2015 - 4:26 pm

Thanks so much for commenting Rina! πŸ™‚ Yep, the hips certainly don’t lie but fortunately they seem to be reducing in size as my jeans are looser! πŸ™‚ xx

Rina February 1, 2015 - 4:26 pm

I really need to lose the hips too! At least make them smaller..I am 10kg+ overweight, need to tone my body and lose more. Thank you for the motivation you spark over here πŸ™‚

S1m February 1, 2015 - 4:30 pm

Thanks Rina! Slow and steady is the easiest way to keep it all off! We run this every week so hope you get some inspiration!x

Hannah February 2, 2015 - 12:59 pm

Aw you’re allowed a bit of a treat for your birthday! At least you didn’t gain and I’m sure you’ll be back on track this week!Thanks for linking up with #BloggingToJogging xx

S1m February 2, 2015 - 11:26 pm

Thanks so much Hannah, the scales are being kinder to me this week fortunately! Back on track now πŸ™‚ x

thisdayilove February 3, 2015 - 11:58 pm

You are doing so well, love following your journey. Thanks for joining Linked

S1m February 4, 2015 - 11:56 am

Thanks lovely! Appreciate the opportunity to join up with Linked! The journey is a very long one so buckle up… it could get bumpy!! πŸ˜‰