Home Weight Loss Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 5 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 5 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

** We do not have ANY rules for this linky… HOWEVER out of courtesy please if you do link up to this linky, comment on the other blogs involved. Keep the support going, it keeps us all motivated when the going gets tough** Thank you!

Welcome to Weight Loss Wednesday on Sim’s Life!

This last week has been ok… I clearly took it easy over my birthday and relaxed my eating so I could enjoy a few treats. Getting back on track was hard as a cold wiped me out for 4 days! Going on the bike for all of 10 minutes was a drag… super annoying when I had been packing 40 minutes a day but I couldn’t breathe properly, I have only just returned back to the gym this morning. Anyone else find it hard to get back on track when you have lost the motivation a little?

My gym visit was great, fab to get back into the swing of things… I had done my running, stretched a little, my side to side weight machine thingy and then went to work on my arms. This is where I encountered the most hideous of creatures… the gym newbie.

The person who hogs machines, answers the phone whilst on the treadmill and plays with it whilst he isn’t speaking on it (the phone, clearly!), doesn’t have a gym towel, has their socks rolled up fully (most likely because his mummy told him it was on trend!). Said person was clearly a male of the species.

Though I shall not let some imbecile spoil my time back in the gym! I am chuffed with the run today, I am still running too quickly and I know it cannot be sustained… I will get there!

Pancetta wrapped Chicken and Cheese parcels

Food – aside from a few treats and some soft drinks in the pub (still no alcohol since New Year’s Eve… go Sim!) and a few hot Vimto’s to help the cold, I have done ok. We have been having some lovely meals and plenty of fruit and vegetables. I am still using calorie counting as my method which makes shopping take a little longer as I am checking the nutritional values of everything! That 1 extra calorie counts! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Weight Loss Wednesday

We have been reviewing the Heck Chicken Italia range!

Exercise – The bike was a struggle last week but by Sunday I was back on track again, the dog has had some lovely walks and I am now back at the gym. Just getting off my butt and moving more is having a goof effect on weight loss and toning up… hoping I can keep it up longer than the newbie at the gym! I just feel like I should be doing more… I don’t know why and I don’t know what… just more. My FitBit has been playing up this week too and not charging properly and then having me sleeping during the day (chance would be a fine thing!), so a little annoyed that it hasn’t covered my hard work. Anyone else having problems with their trackers?

Total loss this week: 2lbs

Total loss Week 1: 4lbs

Total loss Week 2: 2lbs

Total loss Week 3: 3lbs

Total loss Week 4: 0lbs

Total loss so far: 11lbs

I am so ridiculously close, the first stone since the start of the year is in touching distance. Though all in all, I have lost over a stone since before Christmas… I could well have been one of the few people who lose weight over Christmas! ๐Ÿ™‚

So how are you all doing? It’s lovely to see how everyone is getting on and some newbies joining in too! Diets have been swapped and routines have been developed – what are you finding hard this week?

Don’t forget to comment on the other blogs – it’s lovely to share success and keep up support and motivation! ๐Ÿ™‚
If you would like to feature the Weight Loss Wednesday badge on your site… that would be epic ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Carly February 4, 2015 - 12:09 pm

Well done Sim for the weight loss and for not destroying the gym newbie ๐Ÿ˜‰

S1m February 4, 2015 - 12:17 pm

Thanks Carly!! He was very lucky indeed… I gave him a glare and flounced off muttering about men being selfish and just men in general! Ha! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I take my arm weights seriously and he was piddling about on his phone. There is a code… he didn’t play by it! Grrr!

Mum Tum Diaries February 4, 2015 - 12:22 pm

Well done Sim! Fab weight loss again ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 4, 2015 - 5:57 pm

Thank you so much!! I much prefer to see the scales moving downwards! ๐Ÿ™‚

Becky February 4, 2015 - 12:40 pm

Lost 1 1/2 lb this week s so 12 lb since Christmas now have a very very long waty to go!

S1m February 4, 2015 - 5:57 pm

Well done Becky!!! It feels great – it’s been a successful January for everyone, just need to carry on with the journey!

April Perez February 4, 2015 - 2:03 pm

Good job! Sadly for me, I gained a few pounds again probably because of the stress eating I’ve been doing. Oh well, I guess it’s time for me to hit the gym soon!

S1m February 4, 2015 - 5:56 pm

Ahhh don’t worry April, you will get back on it and stick to it – we all stress eat!

melandria romero February 4, 2015 - 2:22 pm

wow, i wish i have the courage and will to start my healthy diet, since i badly need it.

S1m February 4, 2015 - 5:56 pm

You just need to start and carry on one day at a time – keep the motivation and determination going!

Single Mother Ahoy February 4, 2015 - 2:44 pm

You’re so close to your first stone, how exciting! This is my first week… bit scary but I’m hoping if I keep joining in and linking up with things like this I can maintain my motivation.

S1m February 4, 2015 - 5:55 pm

Thank you! So damn close… argh! Hopefully we can all help to support and motivate you – check out the earlier weeks – lots of different diets and weight loss journeys! See you next week and good luck!

Lyn Bown February 4, 2015 - 3:56 pm

Well done. You’re doing really well. Not long before you hit the one stone weight lose!

S1m February 4, 2015 - 4:53 pm

Thank you so much Lyn… not much longer at all… it is painfully close… next time Gadget! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope you are well!

Raymond Vasquez February 4, 2015 - 4:46 pm

Great progress! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think the key is really discipline. You have to know yourself, and know what you cannot afford to give yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚ Great job!

S1m February 4, 2015 - 4:54 pm

Thank you so much Raymond! All seems to be going in the right direction at the moment! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheryl @ Madhouse Family Reviews February 4, 2015 - 6:23 pm

I did laugh at your gym newbie story ! I’ve been asked to trial the new Dukan diet (not as bad as it used to be as you add one new food group back in every day throughout the week each week – I’d never survive with no fruit and veg over a prolonged period !) but it still seems wrong to me – really not sure ! I have until Monday to decide anyway as it kicks off on a Monday !

S1m February 5, 2015 - 9:43 am

Ohhh I have been sent the book… am not sure it’s for me, need to sit down and digest it properly (see what I did there!) hope it goes well and keep us posted! ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Lorane February 4, 2015 - 8:14 pm

You have been doing so well on this journey ๐Ÿ™‚ Just keep pushing each week and positive results will come. There is always that one guy or girl who hogs the machine at the Gym .. so annoying

S1m February 5, 2015 - 9:43 am

Thanks Lorane, definitely pushing more and more each week… it will fall off! ๐Ÿ™‚ Normally it’s not too bad, however with the January influx it’s terrible… they will not stick it out! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maureen February 5, 2015 - 3:11 am

I have lost my motivations pretty much since January ๐Ÿ™ You are doing awesome. PS: I hate equipment hogging people too hahaha

S1m February 5, 2015 - 9:39 am

Oh no! Hope you can find it again Maureen! It’s one of those that if you do, hang on to it to keep it going as long as possible! He was definitely added to the very long list of men I do not like!;)

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins February 5, 2015 - 9:02 am

Well done on the weight loss. I did chuckle at you description of the gym newbie lol. Hope your cold gets better soon x

S1m February 5, 2015 - 9:38 am

Thanks Kirsty, all seems to be ok now so back on track! Ah that was polite, what an idiot he was! Who answers their mobile on a treadmill?! Numpty!! Hope you are having a good week!x

Tiffany Yong February 5, 2015 - 2:36 pm

It was hard for me to continue the dieting, especially when my mood fluctuates. When I feel sad, i lose appetite, but then I will slowly start eating to feel happier and become uncontrollable! ๐Ÿ™ Boo hoo

S1m February 5, 2015 - 8:26 pm

Comfort eating is not the best, that is why I am on a weight loss journey now, due to comfort eating in the past! Meh… vicious circle!

Fred February 5, 2015 - 2:50 pm

Funny how you described the gym newbie. I can totally see the guy you are describing. Hogging machines – ugh!

S1m February 5, 2015 - 8:26 pm

He had better not be there tomorrow otherwise he will find two can play that game!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ He didn’t even have a towel, the scruffy bugger! I doubt he will still be at the gym come the end of the month! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Franc Ramon February 5, 2015 - 2:55 pm

I noticed you mentioned you’re running so quickly and you can’t sustain. May I suggest to run a pace you can maintain. There’s also a run walk method we use for races like run for 3-4 minutes then walk 1minute.

S1m February 5, 2015 - 8:22 pm

If only it were that simple! If I run slower than I do my legs hurt and I put too much strain on my knees – first week I was running around 7.5kph and I sprained my knee knocking myself out for 3 weeks. I now run at 9kph which for the duration of the Couch 2 5k program is ok as I am running and walking but obviously I want to be running and solely running. I am sure when I am running for longer periods my speed will adjust accordingly.

Ron Leyba February 6, 2015 - 6:27 am

You are doing great Sim! Just keep up with it and never loose the determination to succeed ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope I can do the same way too! ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 6, 2015 - 11:07 am

Thanks so much Ron! I am too stubborn to give in, certainly helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mackenzie Glanville February 6, 2015 - 8:05 am

I am not any weight loss program, but I really enjoy reading your posts, it inspires me to exercise, which is hugely important for health as well as weight loss. You should be super proud of yourself! The part about the gym newbie made me laugh!

S1m February 6, 2015 - 11:07 am

Thank you so much! Absolutely! Even when I reach my goal I will still continue my the gym and exercise, I actually enjoy it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kylie February 6, 2015 - 8:57 am

I’m not really into weight loss program. Not that I don’t have any fat, I just cannot tolerate the hunger feeling.. LOL

S1m February 6, 2015 - 11:04 am

The hunger is an arse but you do get used to it and your stomach shrinks slightly which does help!

Katrina Centeno February 6, 2015 - 9:55 am

11 lbs in one month and you get to eat pancetta! wow! I lost 10 lbs too but it took three months for me. Btw, I’ll add my link

S1m February 6, 2015 - 11:03 am

Thanks Katrina! Well that was definitely a treat the other night but according to MFP that plate of food was only 417 calories all in – pancetta, cheese everything! I have been cutting down a lot but everything I am eating is healthy. Well done on your weight loss too! ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Gil Camporazo February 6, 2015 - 10:11 am

Losing weight is quite uphill to accomplish. But reducing it to an ideal weight of a person is a bit possible and it could be done. Whatever it is, losing or reducing, the point it here is discipline and consistency in following a program for such activity.

S1m February 6, 2015 - 10:55 am

Ohhh it’s definitely losing for a long while! Too much food and alcohol in the past which needs to be shaken off! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mummy Melton February 6, 2015 - 10:14 am

You’re making great progress!1 One of the reasons I don’t go to the gym is the machine hoggers, infuriates me! Keep up the good work xx

S1m February 6, 2015 - 10:55 am

Thanks lovely! Normally the gym is fine, especially at the time I go after the school run, normally only OAP’s. But this guy… on my last machine. He ruined my routine. A-hole! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jason Panuelos February 6, 2015 - 1:58 pm

Wow!! Hope you can keep up the great habits! I wish I had as much discipline! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

S1m February 6, 2015 - 2:23 pm

Thanks Jason, it’s hard but seeing the weight drop off is certainly keeping me motivated!

Eliz Frank February 6, 2015 - 4:20 pm

You are making very good progress in a healthy and safe way. Don’t let some gym nut get in your way. Walk it off. ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 6, 2015 - 4:25 pm

I certainly did walk it off… with a flounce and mutterings! ๐Ÿ˜‰

mummy m's memories February 6, 2015 - 5:54 pm

Wow… well done on another fab weeks weight loss….

S1m February 9, 2015 - 10:04 am

Thank you very much lovely! ๐Ÿ™‚

steph February 7, 2015 - 6:05 pm

Well done on the loss. There used to be a pensioner at the gym I went to who used to shake his sweat as he ran, No towel. You’d have yo plot your route round they gym to avoid a soaking!! x

S1m February 9, 2015 - 10:03 am

Urgh that is horrible!! Ha ha ha, I don’t understand why people wouldn’t want a towel to discreetly dot themselves. That’s how you can spot a newbie!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

Von Avancena February 8, 2015 - 4:22 pm

wwaaaaahhh! Where are you getting that discipline! Can you lend me just an ounce of it?

S1m February 9, 2015 - 10:02 am

Unfortunately not, I need to keep it going. I am ridiculously stubborn and if I see something working then the rule is not to break it if it isn’t broken and keep going!

Fatemah February 9, 2015 - 4:32 am

I am currently on a weight gain diet lol.
Great job on the weight loss dear.

S1m February 9, 2015 - 10:01 am

I could certainly give you some pointers on actually gaining weight! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rina February 9, 2015 - 2:54 pm

Awesome progress! The panchetta looks yum ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 9, 2015 - 4:33 pm

Thanks so much Rina – it was absolutely delicious and only 417 calories in total! ๐Ÿ™‚

Urban Mumble February 9, 2015 - 4:08 pm

I’ll join you next Wednesday! Great concept Sim. Well done for helping other women get motivated and stay motivated. I think that’s the one bit most people struggle with. We start with so much enthusiasm (like the gym newbie) and it just wears off within a few weeks (or days). I bet you won’t be seeing the gym newbie there after a few weeks. The hard part is trying to build exercise into your routine and lifestyle.

S1m February 9, 2015 - 4:25 pm

Exactly!! He will stick for a couple of weeks and then the novelty will wear off… it’s about keeping the motivation going and I hope the linky helps support those who need it to keep going to reach their goal! Look forward to you joining in! ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Louise @ Birds and Lilies February 9, 2015 - 6:16 pm

It sounds like you are doing great! It is so hard when you start a new health and fitness routine and then you get poorly and can’t do it for a week or so and then you lose your motivation – it is so frustrating! x #BloggingtoJogging

S1m February 10, 2015 - 12:48 pm

It is the worst thing ever but back on track now and the new weight in is tomorrow – fingers crossed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Khushboo February 10, 2015 - 2:34 am

Your post is so inspiring dear. I am trying to lose weight myself and I can identify with you completely ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 10, 2015 - 12:47 pm

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

chantelle hazelden February 10, 2015 - 6:43 pm

you are doing really well!!! happy belated birthday too. hope you are feeling better now x #bloggingtojogging

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:23 am

Thanks lovely lady!! All is good now and seem to have moved past the blips and illness! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Kang February 11, 2015 - 10:35 am

Well done Sim!
I’ve found it hard post-flu to get back on track. I feel tired all the time…but it’s getting better slowly.
Its great to see you’re keeping to the fitness regime and even more so controlling the alcohol! Well done ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:38 am

Thanks Kang!! I have not had a drink at all… it is crazy! 6 weeks so far… that may change on Saturday though! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hope you are feeling better now, you seemed to have been struggling for a while ๐Ÿ™

hannah February 11, 2015 - 1:33 pm

Well done again! and wow those sausages, sounds like just my thing. Will definitely be looking out for those x

S1m February 11, 2015 - 1:58 pm

They are ridiculously tasty and awesome on a butty – using Weight Watchers bread! The meatballs work really well in pasta, offering a totally different taste experience and they are adding burgers to the range too… I cannot wait! ๐Ÿ™‚

Gabby February 11, 2015 - 5:26 pm

Fab results so far…go you! ๐Ÿ™‚

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:28 pm

Thanks Gabby… a long road ahead but every day is a step closer! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Sharon Taylor February 12, 2015 - 9:47 pm

You’ve done really well, great loss! I was unable to exercise for a while due to flu, I’ve eased myself back in this week, at first I didn’t feel like it but once I had my gear on I was rather pumped! I always find when I break my routine my motivation isn’t there until I start again which can be a bit of a problem!

S1m February 13, 2015 - 10:19 am

It’s really hard to get the motivation back once you have been ill etc but getting back on it again feels fab – hope you are feeling better now!

thisdayilove February 14, 2015 - 10:55 pm

Great to read your progress and thanks for joining Linked

S1m February 16, 2015 - 11:34 am

Thank you so much chick and thank you for hosting Linked x

Weight Loss Wednesday: Week 8 #WeightLossWednesday - Sim's Life February 25, 2015 - 11:24 am

[…] for me to be able to push myself that little bit more. It may have been the sight of ‘Gym Newbie‘ he is still there! He is weird, he climbed on a treadmill, set it for 30 mins and got off […]