Home #WeightLossWednesday Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 6 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 6 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

What a crazy, crazy, week and still, we are only on Wednesday!

This week has seen me physically exercise less, in the sense of going to the gym less, but I have been walking more… and I have been plumbing. I kid you not! There was a slight emergency on Monday evening which resulted in my ripping my bath panel off, nipping down to City Plumbing (who seemed very anti-women btw… arseholes!) and kitting my bath out with new pipes underneath. So far today, I have treated myself to a new wrench from B&Q to tighten everything up, but alas, I managed a shower this morning with no leakages. I am very proud of myself and a change of career is being considered! πŸ˜‰

Exercise as you can tell has been in totally different formats this last week but something must be working… I treated myself to some new skinny jeans on Monday and they fit like a glove… they will be pulled out on Saturday!

What 5lb's worth of fat and muscle resemble!

What 5lb’s worth of fat and muscle resemble!

I tell you though… you think the best cigarette ever is after food or sex… nope… after rolling around on the floor, getting dirty and swearing lots… the satisfaction that I had managed to re-plumb my bath made me crave a smoke. I didn’t cave, I am still cig free, but that was the first time I had actually thought about one. I’ve no idea where this determination has come from but you can bet your sweet ass I am riding that wave… I am actually being productive instead of procrastinating! For the next week, I will continue with the bike, which I do go on every day, up my walking and carry on going to the gym.

Food has been a tough one, I have been very good with calorie counting but caved on Sunday evening when we got back from Liv’s swimming lesson… it was much easier to order a pizza. Not really a huge pizza lover, I surprised myself with how much I ate. My body was seriously craving something very naughty and it totally hit the spot! I have been eating some rather scrummy and super healthy food recently including Heck, Goodlife and Cherry Tree Farm foods – you can view the review here. If you are on Slimming World or are calorie counting, check out the Heck Chicken Italia range – 3.5 syns for a whole pack of 10 chicken sausages!

Heck Chicken Italia

Total loss this week: 1lbs

Total loss Week 1: 4lbs

Total loss Week 2: 2lbs

Total loss Week 3: 3lbs

Total loss Week 4: 0lbs

Total loss Week 5: 2lbs

Total loss so far: 12lbs

I am almost there at my 1st stone loss and I am doing it by still eating the foods I like, I’ve simply cut down on the meal sizes, am watching my calorie intake and exercising more. It can be done if you put your mind to it!

How are you all doing with Week 6? Have you changed anything about your diet or exercise routine? Have you found a new food that fits in with your weight loss journey?

If you would like to feature the #WeightLossWednesday badge, please take this code!

Feel free to join in with the #WeightLossWednesday linky! Keep supporting each other!

get the InLinkz code

Pinkoddy February 11, 2015 - 12:27 pm

Oh well done you must be so proud of yourself – especially not smoking.

S1m February 11, 2015 - 1:59 pm

Very much so, I am definitely on a roll! Not telling anyone and just deciding to do it was the right decision, I was getting bored of it anyway! πŸ™‚

Becky Goddard-Hill (@babybudgeting) February 11, 2015 - 1:46 pm

well done you are doing great and FAB for not smoking (i promise it gets easier and easier)

S1m February 11, 2015 - 1:57 pm

Thank you so much Becky! The non smoking is not bothering me at all, just yesterday, all the hard work – I was utterly drained (no pun intended!). I am looking at other smokers in that ‘I used to be one’ way though! πŸ˜‰

Urban Mumble February 11, 2015 - 2:11 pm

Haha! I love the fat vs muscle illustration on this post. Where did you find the pic? Is it a realistic one? I kind of feel what it in my own skin because I am the same weight now as I was a few years back but my body is somehow smaller thanks to better muscle tone. Some clothes that used to fit are a bit loose now.

Am very impressed by your plumbing story! We’re capable of so much more than we think. All exercise counts!

S1m February 11, 2015 - 2:23 pm

I actually saw something on FB a few days ago regarding a 1lb loss and the equivalent of what it would look like. So as not to feel too disheartened about the loss and I started Googling what a 1lb loss was actually like and stumbled across that image. From the scales I would say it is pretty similar – quite scary really! Also makes you realise that on weeks where the scales do not move, it may actually be down to the fact you have increased your muscle mass!

We are all very capable indeed… I just don’t want to do it full time! πŸ™‚

Kate Takes 5 February 11, 2015 - 2:16 pm

So impressed! Sounds like you are totally rewriting your healthy living future. Not to mention your possible future job as a plumber..

S1m February 11, 2015 - 2:19 pm

Thanks Kate… I think the plumbing career is a pipe dream… there I go again with the puns! I found YouTube and the use of a plumber over messaging very handy! πŸ˜‰ x

Mum Tum Diaries February 11, 2015 - 2:50 pm

Well done Sim! Hope u have a fab time in ur new skinny jeans! πŸ™‚

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:29 pm

My butt is still too big but at least they go with my new boots! Thanks chick!x

Turning Water Into... Rose Champagne! - Sim's Life February 11, 2015 - 4:16 pm

[…] are water and then still eat fried chicken, it’s easy to see why I put on a couple of pounds. #WeightLossWednesday is working though and my motivation to lose weight is sky […]

Polka Dot Family February 11, 2015 - 6:33 pm

Well done on the plumbing, there is a real sense of satisfaction when you can complete a job without having to call someone. Your weight loss is doing well and thank you for the review on the Heck products, I shall be popping to the supermarket to see if I can pick some of these up.

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:27 pm

You will not be disappointed with the Heck products! I feel awesome for doing the plumbing, it was great to be able to wash my hair tonight!x

Mammasaurus February 11, 2015 - 6:44 pm

Well done you! Sometimes it’s good to give in to a treat – kudos on the not smoking too – double willpower!

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:26 pm

A treat is definitely needed to keep on it and keep on track! Thank you… it all seems to be working at the moment so I am riding the wave! πŸ™‚ x

Penny Carr February 11, 2015 - 8:34 pm

Good going! After a nasty dose of the flu I’ve now started running again, but am at that awful stage where my body needs more food to counteract the increase in exercise.

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:25 pm

That’s the only thing I find with running, definitely makes me hungrier but luckily I am eating the right things to keep me going. Hope you are feeling better now!x

Nikki Thomas February 11, 2015 - 10:11 pm

You are doing really well, I am just starting on my weight loss ‘journey’ too and it is hard but you have done well and it is great that you are losing weight the slow and steady way.

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:23 pm

Thanks so much Nikki, I am happier with a steady loss, makes it so much easier to maintain in the long run! Good luck with your journey! πŸ™‚ x

Michelle Twin Mum February 11, 2015 - 10:38 pm

Well doen Sim, you are making a big difference in a small amount of time. Mich x

S1m February 11, 2015 - 10:39 pm

Thanks so much Michelle! Still such a long way to go but I am getting there slowly!x

Mazino Oyolo Kigho February 11, 2015 - 11:00 pm

Everyone seems to have a weightloss journey… I have no problem with my weight. I don’t have the fear of gaining or losing weight. Just the perfect shape.

S1m February 12, 2015 - 10:53 am

Well in that case I am ridiculously pleased for you Mazino, not to have any hang ups at all!

ananda February 12, 2015 - 2:31 am

keep up the great work! it takes time to form a good habit, but so worth it! =)

S1m February 12, 2015 - 10:51 am

Absolutely! Thank you Amanda – I am still enjoying it which keeps me going!

Suzanne Rudge February 12, 2015 - 5:04 am

Congrats on your success so far (and fledgling new career). Sometimes i think the most effective way to lose weight is to change up your routine. Certainly worked for you!

S1m February 12, 2015 - 10:51 am

Absolutely – little tweaks here and there and everything seems to be moving in the right direction… just wish my butt would hurry up! πŸ˜‰

Liz Burton February 12, 2015 - 10:13 am

Go you with your plumbing skills!

And your weight loss is inspirational. I’ve been on a very half hearted healthy eating plan and have only managed 3.5 lb so far. Might need to get serious!

S1m February 12, 2015 - 10:48 am

Slow and steady is the way to go – I have a bit to lose so losses will be better at the start and will then taper off πŸ™

Penny February 12, 2015 - 10:46 am

Well done you on both counts, respect is due! I am running lots, but not eating consistently – hence nothing is happening.

S1m February 12, 2015 - 10:47 am

Definitely lots of protein is needed! I am not the greatest fan of chicken but have found pastrami is high in protein, which I love. Find things you love to eat and it will help! πŸ™‚

Angelo The Explorer February 12, 2015 - 12:13 pm

Wow! Congratulations! you really lost quite a few lbs there! Keep it up and keep inspiring people to do the same! πŸ˜‰

S1m February 12, 2015 - 2:17 pm

Thank you Angelo! Definitely a journey and a half but I am getting there! πŸ™‚

Yvonne Bertoldo February 12, 2015 - 12:25 pm

Great job with handling the urge to smoke. And I’m so jealous at how disciplined you are in your diet regimen. I was also in my own journey to losing weight but had to stop when I got pregnant. Now I’m trying to be on a diet, but food was always present at work. lol

S1m February 12, 2015 - 2:16 pm

When food is in front of you it is extremely hard but learning to say No to yourself is the hardest part – once you have mastered that it’s easy! πŸ™‚

Franc Ramon February 12, 2015 - 3:17 pm

Good job on being cigarette free. It’s also nice to note that you’ve continued to lose weight.

S1m February 12, 2015 - 8:04 pm

Thanks Franc, all seems to be going ok at the moment! πŸ™‚

Franc Ramon February 27, 2015 - 7:04 am

It’s also nice that even if there are some temptations when it comes to food, you still end up losing weight. Keep it up.

S1m February 27, 2015 - 11:51 am

Thanks so much Franc… I am getting there! πŸ™‚

Raymond Vasquez February 12, 2015 - 3:31 pm

seems like you’re back on track! Good job on week 5! back to losing weight… πŸ™‚

S1m February 12, 2015 - 8:04 pm

Thank you so much Raymond! πŸ™‚

Papaleng Pagulong February 12, 2015 - 4:45 pm

Well done for the week. hope you maintain your pace and focus.

S1m February 12, 2015 - 8:03 pm

Thank you!

nicol February 12, 2015 - 9:02 pm

oh wow youve lost a great amount by week 6. definitely agree that its easier to order a pizza. I’m still resisting but its so hard ha

Kylie February 13, 2015 - 9:24 am

Well done! What an achievement! Hope you continue lossing until your ideal weight!

S1m February 13, 2015 - 10:18 am

Definitely! I still have quite a way to go yet and the journey may get a little boring so need to make sure I keep making little changes along the way to keep me going! πŸ™‚

Elizabeth February 13, 2015 - 11:08 am

Go you with the plumbing, weight loss and staying strong with the no smoking – well done you! Such a fantastic achievement πŸ™‚

S1m February 13, 2015 - 12:25 pm

Indeed, just need to keep up momentum now and for that, I am about to hop on the bike! πŸ˜‰ x

Lauren February 13, 2015 - 12:14 pm

Good work for resisting your cigarette cravings. Keep up the good work, and you’ll lose weight too. I wish you the best of luck on your personal goals!

S1m February 13, 2015 - 12:25 pm

Thank you so much Lauren! πŸ™‚

Fatemah Sajwani February 13, 2015 - 2:52 pm

wow losing 12 lbs in such short time is a splendid thing. Great effort dear!

S1m February 13, 2015 - 6:50 pm

Thank you so much! Just happy I can do it whilst still eating! πŸ™‚

Mummy Melton February 13, 2015 - 3:24 pm

well done you are doing so well. hope the new career takes off :). xx

S1m February 13, 2015 - 6:51 pm

Aww thanks chick… erm… I kinda didn’t like having to get all mucky and crawl around on the floor… so I shall maybe stick to typing! πŸ˜‰

Fred February 13, 2015 - 3:27 pm

Plumbing is a tough household job, that is why plumbers charge so much! So I doff my hat to you for being able to make your shower work all by yourself.

S1m February 13, 2015 - 6:49 pm

Thank you so much Fred – I did feel a huge wave of satisfaction once I had done it! The cost was a major factor – pay someone else to do it or literally pay for the parts and do it myself… YouTube rocks! πŸ˜‰

Bel Smith February 13, 2015 - 3:42 pm

You’re doing so well, you must be thrilled! Keep up the good work!

S1m February 13, 2015 - 6:48 pm

Thanks so much Bel… I am very impatient though… still taking too long!!

Eliz Frank February 13, 2015 - 4:35 pm

You are doing a great job. Your weight loss is sensible and even Industry mavens will approve.

S1m February 13, 2015 - 6:48 pm

Thanks Elizabeth, slowly getting there! πŸ™‚ x

hannah gee February 13, 2015 - 10:24 pm

I can’t believe how much that about of fat looks like in reality, very insightful.

S1m February 13, 2015 - 10:59 pm

I know, it’s crazy! So a 1lb loss should never be scoffed at nor should anyone ever feel disappointed in a 1lb loss, it is actually a huge amount! Easy to put on, not so easy to lose!

Maureen February 14, 2015 - 3:31 am

I am so impressed with you! Keep it up, Sims! I have been smoke free for over 2 years now and it was the best decision I’ve ever made to quit cold turkey πŸ™‚

S1m February 16, 2015 - 11:36 am

Well done on the 2 year non smoking -definitely inspiring! Definitely a good decision to make all around! πŸ™‚ x

steph February 14, 2015 - 10:57 pm

Well done on the plumbing and not giving in to the ciggy. I’ve lost the plot a bit but fighting back slowly x

S1m February 16, 2015 - 11:32 am

You can do it chick – we are all here to support each other! πŸ™‚ x

MummaG February 17, 2015 - 11:55 am

Well done that’s really fab weight loss despite the pizza! I had 3 doughnuts last week but have been very good this week!

S1m February 17, 2015 - 1:32 pm

Thank you! Stuff the pizza… ha! I am not bothered… we have to have a treat every now and then otherwise the diet will have a negative effect.

thisdayilove February 19, 2015 - 2:49 am

Yay a non leaky shower well done, and a loss too! Thanks for joining Linked

S1m February 20, 2015 - 2:01 pm

LOL! I know… a successful week! πŸ˜‰ Thanks for having me chick!x

phyliciamarie February 20, 2015 - 7:03 am

I applaud you for the plumbing accomplishment! Sure, you didn’t get to work out often this week, but I’m sure you’ll do better next week! πŸ™‚

S1m February 20, 2015 - 1:53 pm

Thanks Phylicia! Very proud of myself indeed! πŸ™‚

lee rosales April 15, 2015 - 7:18 am

Its really hard to lose weight and maintain our regular weight lose regimen.

S1m April 15, 2015 - 2:46 pm

Tell me about it – you certainly need to up your game to keep maintaining weight loss!