Home #WeightLossWednesday Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 10 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 10 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

Welcome to the Weight Loss Wednesday Linky! Check out Weight Loss Wednesday Week 9 or fast forward to Weight Loss Wednesday Week 11 for a progress update!

The moment you agree to something and then immediately wonder what you have done…

I have gone and done something out of my comfort zone… I do not know how I am feeling about my decision and Weight Loss Wednesday will certainly go in a different direction… but…

I will be taking part in the Manchester 5k Race For Life this year!

Race For Life

Arrrrgh – I must be crazy! I have only just started running using the Couch to 5K app, having to deal with a sprained knee, illness and general ‘can’t be arsed today’ after a 15 year haitus… 5k… 3.1 miles in old money, seems such an uphill battle! What have I done?! You may be sat there wondering what I am moaning about, it’s not that far… you try running it with my backside and see how you get on!

However, you know me, as stubborn as I am, I will do it!

So… my preparations, I have now moved onto Week 4 of Couch to 5k, I have been there before but a cold knocked me off for a while and I had settled into a nice Week 3 routine. These are the goals I need to work on…

By this time next week I will be on Week 5 and slowly inching closer to running a longer distance.

I have adapted my speed to help me run comfortably for longer, so am now down to 8.5kph, it isn’t stopping me putting it up to 9kph near the end of the run though! 😉 Speed, continuity and being able to sustain is something I need to work on.

Aches and pains are going to cause me trouble, but having a rest day inbetween running will help.

I need to start running outside – easier said than done, I have no clue on distance or speed, as this is covered by the treadmill. I definitely need to look into a GPS Tracker, so recommendations are much appreciated!

I think that is enough for now, otherwise I am going to confuse myself too much. The run is fun, it’s a lovely 5k race to start with… but you can bet your sweet ass I will be running all the way!

As for my weight loss this week, I put on 3/4lb (that is 3 quarters!). This is fine! I had been on the shakes until Friday, then took the weekend off, started on Monday and had a chippy last night as I was absolutely shattered. However… I have still lost over a stone all in all, my body shape is changing, everything is looking positive for once… and it now looks like I need to start preparing for a race… help!

Is anyone else running a Race For Life race this year?

If you would like to feature the #WeightLossWednesday badge, please take this code! Don’t forget to tweet us! @SimsLifeBlog!

An InLinkz Link-up

Pal Raine March 11, 2015 - 1:06 pm

Continue doing that, and don’t forget to drink water too! That’s good having the daily pattern of losing weight.

S1m March 11, 2015 - 1:53 pm

Thanks Pal! The shakes were working just could not help but indulge over the weekend and last night!

Fred March 11, 2015 - 2:01 pm

I hope you do make it to the race you are planning to join. It is easier to maintain your health routine when you have an ultimate goal like the race.

S1m March 11, 2015 - 3:33 pm

Thanks so much Fred, I am hoping so too!! Getting slightly nervous now, so under prepared but I still have time…

Pragati // Simple Medicine March 11, 2015 - 2:28 pm

Epsom soaks are great for aches and pains, too!

S1m March 11, 2015 - 3:32 pm

Thanks for the tip, definitely need to invest in some – I’m trying not to give my legs chance to ache too much!

Beth March 11, 2015 - 2:47 pm

Keep on at it chicken!!! We’ve discussed the strategy at length… Outside running is different to inside running. But you WILL do it! And hopefully my brood and yours will be meeting you at that finish line! (Providing all goes smoothly with me of course!)

S1m March 11, 2015 - 3:31 pm

I hope so mate! Having my best bud at the finish line will certainly spur me on! 🙂 Just need to get my distance up and I will be fine! 🙂 xx

Cheryl @ Madhouse Family Reviews March 11, 2015 - 3:27 pm

oooh go you – Mellow Mummy is doing the Race for Life too, I think. I’m very impressed by both of you 🙂

S1m March 11, 2015 - 3:30 pm

I did it with all the right intentions… now I am bloody scared. Where do I go? What do I do? How do I even get there? I actually think the running part maybe the easiest bit!! 😉

Sharon - Beauty, Miscellany March 11, 2015 - 8:28 pm

oh geez, 5k, 5k?! Good on you, I think it will be a while until I can manage something like that (hopefully will get there one day). Good luck, it sounds like a great plan! I never worry/focus on my weight too much when I’m training as it’s all over the place (I usually lift weights). Just concentrate on getting yourself ready to race, and again, good luck- although I’m sure you won’t need it!

Mum Tum Diaries March 11, 2015 - 8:36 pm

Good on you for doing the race! Keep on going 🙂

steph March 11, 2015 - 9:10 pm

Wooo go you. A lot of people from my works are doing it as a company event. I might be going to wave a banner. Best of luck and well done on having a loss xx

Fernanda March 11, 2015 - 11:31 pm

I love your motivation! I wish you all the good luck in the race, I wish I could do one but I can’t run! I truly admire people who does =)

Shayne March 11, 2015 - 11:48 pm

I really admire people who have discipline when it comes to their weight and fitness in general. Kudos to you! Keep it up!

Yvonne Bertoldo March 12, 2015 - 3:57 am

Good luck on your race. I hope you do well despite the concerns you have regarding pushing it through. Take care 🙂

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:25 pm

Thank you so much Yvonne, I am sure everything will be fine – I am a natural born worrier – just got to get over that hurdle!

Tiffany Yong March 12, 2015 - 4:49 am

I joined half a marathon before, it was the Hello Kitty Run before all the thunderstorm came in. And I realised running is really not for me 🙁

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:23 pm

Oh no Tiffany! At least you gave it a go! Am hoping I can see it through – I am really enjoying it at the moment, never thought I would!

Elana Khong March 12, 2015 - 8:29 am

Don’t be too worried of every pound you put on. Just keep on eating clean and working out.

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:22 pm

Absolutely, even though the scales can be a pain, I know I am losing inches as well. Wouldn’t mind but when I stood on the scales later in the evening I was almost a pound lighter… go figure!

Damian @ Dareandconquer March 12, 2015 - 8:40 am

I hope the final outcome of the race will be positive. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and focus on your goal. You will do it.

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:21 pm

Thank you so much Damian! Absolutely, I am stubborn and determined so I will do it! 🙂

Sunshine Kelly March 12, 2015 - 5:57 pm

I am not joining the Race For Life, hope you have fun.

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:20 pm

I shall try my best! Am sure it will be the day after the race that will not be much fun!

martha preston (@marthapreston4) March 12, 2015 - 9:07 pm

If your having pains I would suggest baths in epsom salt and baking powder it helps with toxins

S1m March 12, 2015 - 9:20 pm

Thank you for the top Martha – need to invest in some epsom salts, been mentioned a few times now… certainly beats an ice bath!

Nicol Wong (@yuk_lui) March 12, 2015 - 9:42 pm

aw take care of yourself! don’t push yourself too far if you’re still recovering

Camille March 13, 2015 - 1:53 am

That’s awesome! I’ve always wanted to sign up for something like this but I’ve always been too afraid.

phyliciamarie March 13, 2015 - 2:59 am

You should start running outside by now. Alternate between running on a treadmill and running outside so you can compare the difference with running on an actual road. This way you won’t need a GPS tracker and can easily judge your performance.

Aisha Kristine Chong March 13, 2015 - 6:04 am

Doing a run for a cause is always good thing – especially when you get to lose weight in the process too.

franckxethee March 13, 2015 - 7:58 am

I use Suunto as GPS Tracker. If you are just starting you can use iphone apps like Nike running, etc.

mackenzieglanville March 13, 2015 - 9:06 am

You are inspirational #WellnessWednesday

eliz frank March 13, 2015 - 1:44 pm

You’re doing an awesome job. Remember we all have ups and downs and it will stabilize again.

Vanessa March 14, 2015 - 11:20 am

I love running outside in the park, it is such a great feeling of freedom and keeping your body fit at the same time, besides being great for staying in good shape, running outside helps me relax and release the tension.

S1m March 15, 2015 - 10:31 am

I can imagine running outside is quite calming and relaxing… for the most part – unless you are having to deal with a large group of cyclists *shudders* running is certainly changing my body shape so want to keep going to see the end results!

Manu Kalia March 14, 2015 - 1:36 pm

I agree! Keep that butt going! I have always wanted to get loss every single day. The good thing is that you are getting better every single day

S1m March 15, 2015 - 10:30 am

Thank you Manu! The butt is definitely going somewhat… running seems to be helping… about time! 🙂

Kylie March 16, 2015 - 5:05 am

Keep it up, lose more weight..

S1m March 16, 2015 - 3:35 pm

I am trying my hardest to lose more weight! 😉

Urban Mumble March 16, 2015 - 9:33 pm

Setting up challenges like this is the perfect way to keep motivated. Well done you! Besides now that you’ve announced it to the whole wide world you’ll have to keep your word and do it 🙂 I have no doubt you will shine as a runner. Would come and cheer you if I lived in Manchester. When’s the race (couldn’t see it on the post (maybe I’m just blind))? One day I’ll become a runner too.

S1m March 17, 2015 - 11:48 am

Sorry chick, the race is in July… so still a good few months to get the momentum up and my legs running faster! Indeed, it was a big decision but one I definitely want to fulfil… something to keep me motivated. Appreciate all the support on here, definitely keeping me going! 🙂 x

Rina March 17, 2015 - 3:58 am

Whoaaa…you are amazing! I don’t think I can run 5k..maybe through practise a lot. Last week my son asked me to swimm from the furthest point of the pool to the other end and I had to stop in the middle because I was out of breath. Thank you for the inspiration!

S1m March 17, 2015 - 11:46 am

Thank you so much Rina… my butt is certainly not built for moving as quickly as it does, but finally I seem to be making headway on my hips! Something is definitely working and I am not prepared to stop now! 🙂

Maureen March 17, 2015 - 9:12 am

Awesome news, girly! I am rooting for you! I’ve done 5K but I power walk mostly hahaha don’t worry it’s fine too if you do that. So admiring your commitment and drive. You are an inspiration! So sorry for my late visit.

S1m March 17, 2015 - 11:45 am

Thank you so much Maureen! I am getting closer to the 5k, still a way off yet, but I will do it! Loved the WellnessWednesday prompts last week! Hope you are well and thank you for following me on my journey!x

Hannah March 21, 2015 - 10:05 am

Exciting, you’ll do it! Good luck, I reckon signing up will give you so much motivation. Thanks for linking with #BloggingToJogging xx

S1m March 22, 2015 - 6:41 pm

You star, thank you! Absolutely, will be trying a new tactic at the gym tomorrow – to simply run – it will either work… or it will not… if Weight Loss Wednesday does not appear this next week, you know it didn’t work! 😉 x

Mrs. AOK March 22, 2015 - 1:03 pm

You can do it!! I’m so happy for you 🙂
My knees are bad 🙁 which is horrible when you’re doing Crossfit- there’s so much squatting to do.
All the best!
XOXO

S1m March 22, 2015 - 6:39 pm

Thank you so much – bloody hope I can! Hate Crossfit, there is nothing that bores me more and my legs are so confused by it!!x

Amy Lovell April 7, 2015 - 11:17 am

I lovfe to do zumba

S1m April 8, 2015 - 3:05 pm

I have yet to try Zumba, albeit I do have a DVD – need to definitely be more supple first!

Weight Loss Wednesday - Week 11 #WeightLossWednesday - Sim's Life May 23, 2015 - 5:01 pm

[…] post – what a 7 days it has been… I don’t even know where to start! Check out Weight Loss Wednesday Week 10 or fast forward to Weight Loss Wednesday Week 12 for a progress […]