Home Lifestyle How To Get Out Of PE Lessons…

How To Get Out Of PE Lessons…

how to get out of PE lessons

It’s that day of the week again… the day you dread… PE lesson day and you simply cannot be bothered…

You really can’t be bothered getting changed to go out and exercise in the cold weather, so what do you do? Over the years you have perfected your mum’s signature, so you choose to put it to good use by writing an ‘Excuse my daughter from PE today’ letter… one of many over the years! How to get out of PE lessons being a common topic of conversation during break time with friends.

Wondering How to get out of PE lessons???

Well, I know I did that on several occasions when I was at school and could not be bothered with Hockey. It was not my thing, I was always happiest playing Netball and Rounders, representing my school in teams, but Hockey, I just could not abide it.

how to get out of PE lessons

According to an article in The Express this morning, I am not the only one who has handed over a letter to my PE teacher in order to be excused. However unbeknown to the girl in the article, she didn’t wasn’t to have the happy ending that I used to have sitting at the side, watching all my mates tire themselves out! She clearly didn’t know how to get out of PE lessons!

A rookie mistake… don’t actually ask your mother or father to write your sick note for you! Who does that? Your parents are never actually going to be ‘on your side’ and I cannot actually imagine any parent would agree to write a letter excusing their child from PE!

The girl clearly thought she had got away with it, as according to the article, she giggled with her friends about the fact she had succeeded in not having to partake in the PE lesson.

I can only imagine how loudly her mum was laughing at this point!

Her mum had written a letter to the teacher, but not what was expected. She has written that her daughter had asked her to write a letter to excuse her from PE, that her daughter was experiencing ‘Bone-Idle-Itus’ and suggested giving her a few extra laps in order for her to warm up.

Absolute genius!

Needless to say, the girl did have to partake in her PE lesson, doubt she will be pulling that one again! Unfortunately for Liv, I have tried every trick in the book, she has no chance at all as she grows up and as for the teenage years, I am totally fully prepared!

Carly March 23, 2015 - 2:21 pm

I read about this too, next time she’ll learn to write her own notes! I always like P.E but I did have weekly ‘time of the month’ issues when having to swimming at school 🙂

S1m March 23, 2015 - 3:51 pm

There were definitely a few occasions where I stated I had forgotten my swimming kit too! 😉 Ha ha… those were the days! Indeed, I only hope she has learned from her mistake! 😉

R U S S March 24, 2015 - 12:26 am

That letter’s hilarious and quite tricky, lol.
PE was not really my thing because I was scared of getting injured and getting wounds ( eventually scars ). And, that’s why I got so involved in other school activities such as the student council, writing for the school org, school plays, and practically anything that isn’t so sporty. I was a cheerdancer though – does that even count?

S1m March 24, 2015 - 11:36 am

Absolutely it counts – have you seen how fit cheerleaders are?!
The letter is definitely super funny, I can only imagine the teacher’s face when he read it!!

Kylie March 24, 2015 - 7:55 am

Deducting the cold weather, I guess PE lesson would be something to look forward? I mean, exercise is really good for everyone what..

S1m March 24, 2015 - 11:34 am

You would have thought! Our PE teachers at school were like dictators! I assume the girl in the article would have it easier these days – we had to parade around in tshirts and pants… and leotards!!!

Janice Min March 24, 2015 - 8:23 am

I love PE when I’m in High School but after I went to college…. Everything changes..

S1m March 24, 2015 - 11:31 am

The college I went to didn’t really offer PE but we did all have the use of a gym in the city centre so would go down there and play basketball – certainly fitter now than I was when I was younger!

Tiffany Yong March 24, 2015 - 9:50 am

Haha… There were two extreme period of my time. When I was really fit, i love PE lessons. And when I wasn’t, I hate PE lessons because it’s a lot of running under hot sun~

Keep healthy and she’ll be happy!

S1m March 24, 2015 - 11:31 am

It was great to get out of the classroom and out onto the playing fields – loved the summer where we were outside as opposed to inside.

May De Jesus-Palacpac March 24, 2015 - 10:27 am

Whahaha! That’s what she get for trying to involve her mom. heehee.

I got away from our C.A.T. training back in high school, but I didn’t do it on purpose. I just fainted on the first day of training, I was told to just help in the medic since, haha.

S1m March 24, 2015 - 11:29 am

I know – serves her right! I would never have asked my mum! Oh no, that is one way to sit it out I guess!x

Papaleng Pagulong March 24, 2015 - 12:53 pm

Count me in, for I can’t even recall how many times did my late father wrote an excuse letter so I can intentionally skip my PE class. Who in his proper mind would require boys to do sewing stuff as PE class where there is gardening for us to enjoy.

S1m March 24, 2015 - 4:23 pm

That sounds really random! Sewing? Really? No wonder you wanted to get out of that class – mind you, I would have done anything to get out of Home Ed too!

Jenny @ The Brick Castle March 24, 2015 - 1:22 pm

Our teenagers try it on, and they just don’t realise we’re already 3 steps and 30 years ahead of them 😀

Loudthinkin March 24, 2015 - 2:09 pm

Well I used to like PE! So I didn’t pester anyone for any letters!

Raquel March 25, 2015 - 1:14 am

P.E and I had this love hate relationship going on. In some days I appreciated the workout, in others, I simply wanted to do what the girl did.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 8:23 am

What she did was very brave, my mum would never have written a note for me… hence why I wrote my own when required. I did own up to my mum though… she had an inclining 😉

Sunshine Kelly March 25, 2015 - 4:05 am

This is quite fun to read. I always enjoy PE class so never have the urged to get the excuse letter.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 8:22 am

Thanks so much! I was chuckling when I read the article, reminded me of my school days!

Franc Ramon March 25, 2015 - 7:13 am

PE is so fun and since I like the outdoors, I always look forward to it. I guess it’s really hard to do excuse letters.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 8:21 am

Some people are more sporty some people aren’t… she will definitely have learned her lesson!

Lauren March 25, 2015 - 9:53 am

Haha, as a teacher, I’m familiar with children who try to get our of PE. It’s not recommended though.. it’s so good for you!

S1m March 25, 2015 - 12:12 pm

Ha ha ha I expect you have seen it all! I had perfected my mum’s signature, just not her handwriting!

eliz frank March 25, 2015 - 11:25 am

Since I went to boarding schools, l couldn’t fake a note from my parents. It is a funny story though.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 12:07 pm

Ohhh, yes, you couldn’t get away with it in that case!

Khushboo March 25, 2015 - 1:56 pm

I think PE lessons are great for the mind and body. You really shouldn’t be skipping them.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 3:34 pm

I guess there are just some days when you really can’t be bothered – but to ask your mum… rookie mistake for sure!

Mazino March 25, 2015 - 2:05 pm

I love P.E , it was fun to me. I really miss those days.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 3:32 pm

I miss the days when I didn’t have any worries in life or responsibilities… if only we could rewind time!

Vanessa Ally March 25, 2015 - 3:25 pm

I personally write excuse notes for my daughter, when the weather is too cold outside I don’t let her go to school, for example. It doesn’t hurt to skip some classes from time to time.

S1m March 25, 2015 - 3:30 pm

Duvet days are required sometimes in order to recharge batteries for sure!

Karen March 26, 2015 - 12:48 am

I enjoy P.E. class when I was still in grade school up to high school but hate it during my college days.

S1m March 26, 2015 - 8:11 am

College gym and basketball days I loved – just hockey and swimming I couldn’t be bothered with. Would do anything to go back to those days though!

Jessying March 26, 2015 - 4:09 am

PE is fun because finally we get out of classroom.. ah.. how I miss those times! I bet my mum will help me write a letter ..

S1m March 26, 2015 - 8:09 am

Indeed… for us it was a chance to get out and potentially see the boys… all girls school unfortunately 🙁

Karen of MrsLookingGood March 26, 2015 - 6:07 am

Funny story and that’s one smart mother! I love PE because it’s the only subject you don’t have to study for LOL.

S1m March 26, 2015 - 8:08 am

Ha ha ha, actually that is a really good call!! You don’t need to study for PE… why did we never consider that when younger?! 🙂

Single Mother Ahoy April 1, 2015 - 9:47 pm

I’m proud to say that I managed to blag my way out of PE for my entire last year of seconday school. I had “a clarinet lesson” or some other thing and would sneak off to the library to read the encyclopaedias… I’m not even joking; I was that much of a geek.
Thanks for linking up with the #WeekendBlogHop!

S1m April 2, 2015 - 10:41 am

Ha ha ha you total geek! I cannot believe they would have ever been annoyed with you if they had known what you were doing! Clarinet lesson’s… a fantastic excuse!