Sometimes men require a helping hand in the dating stakes, especially when it comes to dating a single mum. They tend to forget that single mums are quite independent and want may outweigh need sometimes, so here are a few handy helper points for all the men out there…
- Do compliment a lady – sometimes a lady just needs to hear how awesome she is. She may not hear it often and it is nice to be reminded of that.
- Do not be needy – ohhhhhh boys… there is a very fine line between being needy and being too nonchalant. You really do need to find that fine line and tow it very well!
- Do make an effort – conversation is always much enjoyed, even something ridiculously mundane, but be careful how many times you use the word ‘Why?’!
- Do not turn up empty handed – how very rude! Seriously, if you are expecting a home cooked meal on date night, then take note of episodes of ‘Come Dine With Me’, they do not turn up empty handed! A bottle of wine is most acceptable… just make sure it is a nice bottle!
- Do respect her schedule – plans may change at last minute due to childcare, this is something that has to be taken into serious consideration. A single mum’s children are her world and her main priority. (Tip courtesy of The Brick Castle).
- Do not sugar coat things or compliment too much – see what I mean about the very fine line? Complimenting too much can actually become quite annoying after a while and always be transparent. Single mums do not have the time to ponder what you could possibly mean… just be frank and say it!
- Do make sure you leave something to remember you, when you aren’t there – like a snuggly, men’s textured jumper from New Look – the perfect item to slip on in the cooler evenings to keep warm, there is just something about borrowing your bloke’s jumper… plus, it looks better on me! 😉