Home #WeightLossWednesday Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 19 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 19 #WeightLossWednesday

Weight Loss Wednesday Linky

Welcome to Weight Loss Wednesday linky – rocking week 19! Feel free to join us with weight loss, fitness, running, healthy eating related posts! Check out Weight Loss Wednesday Week 18 or fast forward to Weight Loss Wednesday Week 20 for a progress update!

This week, actually hasn’t been too bad in terms of ‘everything’.  Last Wednesday I chose to make a cheese laden lasagne that supplied dinner for 3 nights, it was rather yummy and there is no better comfort food! Saturday was spent eating lovely food and a cake that I had baked (thank you Betty Crocker!) at a blogger baby shower for the lovely Pippa – the night time however totally required a takeaway. That feeling of ‘I really cba’ ruled and I could not resist.

Since then though, I have attempted to be good. Any carbonated drinks have been replaced with water and black coffee, along with the occasional milky tea (with two sugars – my treat to me… shhh!) and again I have noticed a difference in the belly region. Certainly less bloated than when I do drink fizzy drinks and my skin is glowing again… water is an elixir!

Food wise, I have been trying to go without again, which is generally easier on a weekday than a weekend. I has started with the intention of a few days on the Almased diet but come school home time yesterday and I was flumpy, dizzy and agitated. A trip to Aldi ensued and an hour later I was chomping on Sirloin steak, onions and large mushrooms – a meal which I believe is Slimming World friendly and makes me feel less guilty about enjoying every single mouthful!

Exercise has been good, but different. I rammed another 3k at the gym, along with weights on Thursday but over the weekend decided I was going to have a week without the gym. I am losing momentum slightly due to the fact my hips are simply not shifting, however my arse is… from running. So back to basics and this week I am relying on walking the dog, my bike and exercise DVD’s. I plan to have my first run outside on Friday, finally putting the Suunto Ambit 3 Run to work along with my funky new purple FlipBelt to hold my phone and keys. Bring it on! Time is ticking away now and I have 2 months, I just hope my knee can hold out, though a rest this week is helping somewhat!

FlipBelt

Weight loss wise… I have lost 1lb this week, most awesome! This has taken me to a stone and 8lbs weight loss, so 22lbs in total. GET IN! Something is working, even if the hips are not responding as I would like them too just yet! The 1lb losses are really adding up when the total loss is taken into consideration – remember a 1lb loss is never ‘just’ or ‘only’ a 1lb loss!

How are you diddling this week? Getting close to the half way through the year mark now… scary!

If you would like to feature the #WeightLossWednesday badge, please take this code! Don’t forget to tweet us! @SimsLifeBlog with #WeightLossWednesday!

Sim's Life

An InLinkz Link-up

Cheryl @ Madhouse Family Reviews May 13, 2015 - 11:57 am

You’re doing brilliantly – stop fixating on your hips ! lol 😉

S1m May 13, 2015 - 2:23 pm

Thanks chick! Can’t help it though – they are just ‘there’ – they won’t bugger off, I will start looking out of proportion soon! 😉 x

Angela at Daysinbed May 13, 2015 - 12:09 pm

Nice to meet you. I linked up for the first time. Hope you like my weight loss story so far. Angela xx

S1m May 13, 2015 - 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for linking up Angela, lovely to have you on board and hope we can support you on your journey!xx

chantelle hazelden May 13, 2015 - 2:07 pm

Well done on the weight loss, it is so hard to stick to being good isn’t it, getting that balance is tricky, nothing wrong with a good steak though!!. I’d love a flipbelt x

S1m May 13, 2015 - 2:18 pm

I was shocked when Karen at That Lancashire Lass told me that the meal was SW friendly, one of my favourites and can pile up the onions and mushrooms. Less than 500 calorie meal and you feel full afterwards! Finding the balance is hard and we are allowed a treat, we need it in order to keep going!xx

Colin Chambers May 13, 2015 - 2:40 pm

Keep it up and don’t beat yourself up. Life gets tough and that’s when diets really test you.

One thing worth knowing is that your body can’t shift fat if it can’t shift sugar and the movement you do throughout the day, not just in an exercise class, is the best way to train the body to access the sugar that’s available so that more fat can be burnt. This actually means that your body becomes more likely to burn fat throughout the day than other types of fuel.

So eating less is important for reducing the amount of calories you take in and moving regularly is crucial to ensure your body is burning as much fat as it can.

HTH and keep up the good work.

Loudthinkin May 13, 2015 - 3:28 pm

It’s good to keep on changing your exercise regimen. The same routine can get boring! I am swimming these days.

Danessa Foo May 13, 2015 - 4:57 pm

I love the idea of the FlipBelt. I have been thinking about getting one for my runs. Hang in there, girl – you’re doing great!

Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) May 13, 2015 - 5:14 pm

Fab week! Weight loss sounds good. Steak and onions – fab high protein meal! Hope you can get outside with your Running next week xx

Louise May 13, 2015 - 6:02 pm

Wow! I admire how you keep track of your progress. It’s amazing how you know when to change routines to address other issues (pertaining to your hips). Keep it up!

Elizabeth O. May 13, 2015 - 7:06 pm

You’re doing great. I also have that Flipbelt and I love it!

Californian Mum in London May 13, 2015 - 9:50 pm

Well done! You are killing it with your 22-pound loss. And I love your cute little belt.

lee rosales May 13, 2015 - 11:23 pm

Keep it up! Watch put on your sweets as Betty Crocker’s cakes are so easy to make/bake and yummy. I’ll try to look online on that belt.

S1m May 14, 2015 - 9:55 am

Love Betty Crocker cakes, I am a total convert! Who needs to bake from scratch these days – no measuring required! 🙂 The FlipBelt is awesome and will hold everything I need… most importantly my phone so I can listen to my music 🙂

Fernando Lachica May 14, 2015 - 3:32 am

You’ve done well enough for your fitness program. Keep it up and reduce more to be more sexy body. Baked some more cakes….LOL

S1m May 14, 2015 - 9:53 am

Thank you Fernando! I am trying my hardest, don’t think I will ever have a sexy body, but certainly one that is less ‘hippy’! Cakes… everyone needs a cake every so often! 🙂

Tiffany Yong May 14, 2015 - 8:25 am

Step by step, bit by bit, it’s satisfying to watch you achieve your aims! Keep it up… One day I hope you can come up with a summarized article with all the methods you have tried!

S1m May 14, 2015 - 9:52 am

My summarized article would be… don’t eat all day, have something light for dinner, next day have a takeaway… feel ridiculously guilty and then go back to not eating again. Something I do not advocate or condone in the slightest as when you are hungry you will reach for the wrong foods for you and undo any work you did. Simply healthy eating, cutting out snacks (savoury such as crisps, rolls etc are my downfall more than chocolate), avoiding fizzy drinks and exercising several times a week – if you can do 30 mins a day then even better 🙂

Kath S {isitwineoclockyet} May 14, 2015 - 9:06 pm

Well done on the 1lb loss this week hun. Like you said it all adds up so should be celebrated. Im staying off the scales at the mo as Ive stepped up my exercise so think im putting on some muscle (well thats what im telling myself anyway’ ) x

Nicol Wong (@yuk_lui) May 14, 2015 - 11:03 pm

22lbs is amazing! congrats 😀 the flip belt looks really interesting. i need something like that

Cebuana Mom May 14, 2015 - 11:45 pm

Haven’t heard of a fflipbelt but it looks really interesting. I’, trying to lose weight too so good luck to us in this journey 🙂

lovemindanao May 15, 2015 - 1:04 am

weight loss is not my problem but maintaining a weight is.. i have a very fast metabolism and i need to keep it up more than 130lbs…

Jason Panuelos May 15, 2015 - 2:35 am

The flipbelt is a pretty nifty thing! Will recommend it to my mom because she’s been looking for something like it! 😀

Pooja Kawatra May 15, 2015 - 3:50 am

Well DOne dear ! You are really doing great as it needs lot of hardwork and determination to do it week after week. Take it slowly !

Kylie May 15, 2015 - 4:21 am

Well done and keep motivated to lose more weight!~ Slow and steady until you reach your goal!

Papaleng Pagulong May 15, 2015 - 10:11 am

Quite an achievement knowing that you have a not in condition hip. Perhaps, adding extra light exercise will be better this week.

Franc Ramon May 15, 2015 - 2:06 pm

It’s nice that you’re going for alternatives to soda. You’re not only losing weight your also toning down.

Sunshine Kelly May 15, 2015 - 5:39 pm

Well done! 1lb in a week is great. Keep it up & hope you can achieve yr target weight soon.

yuhjiun May 16, 2015 - 6:06 am

what an achievement :O keep it up and you can do it one day 😀

Hannah May 17, 2015 - 4:53 pm

Fantastic week! Youre so right about 1lb never being ‘just’ or ‘only’. Without 1lb you’d never get anywhere with losing weight and you’re doing so well. Thanks for linking with #BloggingToJogging xx

S1m May 18, 2015 - 12:49 pm

Absolutely – a loss is a loss no matter how insignificant you think it to be – it all adds up and I am noticing a huge difference. Again my jeans are falling off me so do need to go and treat myself soon!x

Morgan Prince May 18, 2015 - 11:54 am

Great week! Good for you.

I think the hips are always the hardest place to shift. It took ages before mine began to look any different, but it WILL happen.

Keep going hun. xx

S1m May 18, 2015 - 12:45 pm

I just don’t get it… my bum is decreasing in size but my hips aren’t – I look oddly out of proportion now. Will set about exercises to work on them this week… namely lunges and squats 🙁 Good to know they will eventually shift though! 🙂 x

Alice Megan May 18, 2015 - 5:41 pm

Another fantastic loss well done!!

S1m May 19, 2015 - 12:04 pm

Thank you so much Alice! All heading in the right direction thankfully and all adding up!

thisdayilove May 20, 2015 - 12:22 am

Thanks for joining in with Linked. Always like to see how you are getting on

S1m May 20, 2015 - 11:07 am