Home Lifestyle How The Internet Has Impacted My Life #BroadbandAndMe

How The Internet Has Impacted My Life #BroadbandAndMe

Internet #BroadbandandMe

I am sure there aren’t many people who could forgo time on the Internet these days, I will hold my own hands up and state that being without WiFi for more than 24 hours is my worst nightmare – I need to stay connected!

We all use the Internet for a range of things – anything from stocking the fridge with a supermarket delivery, a fence panel from B&Q, even checking out technology such as business mobiles from TalkTalk… the Internet really does open up a world of opportunity for everyone.

Personally, without the Internet I wouldn’t see my parents as frequently as I would like. The lucky buggers live in France, which is always great for a holiday but means it is slightly hard for me to nip round to enjoy a Mum cooked Sunday roast dinner! Without the ability of video calling, my parents would struggle to watch Mini Me growing up, especially as she appears to grow taller every day! However I do appreciate the end call button when the earache becomes too much… it’s slightly harder to eject someone from your own living room when you just need to chill out!

Internet

My friends are dotted around the world too and keeping up to date with them is instant and the many social apps available make it so easy to make new friends you wouldn’t have necessarily met in normal daily life.

As a blogger, the Internet is a daily necessity, that goes without saying. If I am not working on my laptop then I’m working on my phone – the blogging world moves so quickly with ideas and I need to stay on top of it.

The fact it plays such a huge part in my life is the reason I have decided to finally move to fibre broadband, but not just any old fibre, super fibre. I was easily sold on figures such as 77mbs download speed… bye bye buffering’ when I am trying to watch my new guilty pleasure Silicon Valley. Which incidentally follows the ups and downs of a young tech start up company trying to succeed in the fast paced Internet world.

I was 9 years old when I finally sat at my first ever desktop computer, the Internet was slowly rolling out and finally I was able to experience dial up. Mini Me does not realise how lucky she is to never have to endure the squealing sound of dial up, an unforgettable noise for my generation! Looking back, I truly never thought how much it would change and how much the Internet would have an impact on my life.

How does the Internet impact your life and could you manage a week without checking your emails?

A personal collaborative post for the #BroadbandandMe campaign.

Helen Gandy June 8, 2017 - 9:25 pm

Oh my word I remember the days of dial up…..that noise!! I think we all use the internet so much these days, I find it hard to remember what we did without it?! Thanks so much for linking up to the #bestandworst

S1m June 12, 2017 - 11:36 am

I am totally not sure what I would do without it, life would be so much more different however different for better reasons!xx

Alana June 8, 2017 - 10:25 pm

Arrgghhh that sound! I’m going to hearing that dial up noise in my sleep now tonight You’re right, our kids have no idea how lucky they are not to even know what that is. I honestly couldn’t live without my internet connection
#Bestandworst

S1m June 12, 2017 - 11:20 am

Ha ha ha, you definitely know how old you are if you can recall that sound! The Internet is a total lifeline for work and personal reasons… I’m just glad I no longer have to deal with that noise again!x

Catherine - Kids Versus Copy June 9, 2017 - 11:38 am

I remember dial-up too!!! I can still hear the noise in my head 🙂 We’ve recently switched to the fastest connection in the area and it makes such a difference #bestandworst

S1m June 12, 2017 - 11:08 am

That noise is something I will never forget! That’s good to know, super excited for mine to be ready!xx

chickenruby June 13, 2017 - 3:54 am

when removed to South Africa we just assumed we’d be able to Skype use SM etc to keep in touch with family and friends, but we learnt quickly that technology there was very slow and very expensive and we were capped at 9gigs a month on dial up speed for the first 2 years, we relied on a corrupt postal service and visitors to send mail back and forth, we adapted to not using technology in the same way and life was more simpler, spending time together as a family and doing different things, however we’ve now moved to Dubai where the internet is better than anywhere in the world and we’re back to it 24/7. I however don’t purchase 3g on my phone as it’s my break from it all and I’m happy when i travel to not worry about accessing the internet.

Beth June 16, 2017 - 1:51 pm

Haha! I remember my Mum getting frustrated if anyone wanted to use the dial up… those were the days…

I still remember the day we had our 512mb broadband activated… it was super quick. These days I get frustrated if a website takes longer than 2seconds to load.

I’m glad we have the internet because without it I wouldn’t have you either!