Home Lifestyle Why Decorating And Transforming Your House Is Much Easier Than Moving

Why Decorating And Transforming Your House Is Much Easier Than Moving

Redecorate to improve your home

Everyone smiles in the summer… true fact!

The sun generally shines, everything seems brighter and everyone’s mood is lifted… plus, houses sell!
I have noticed several houses sell like hot cakes recently, literally as soon as the house comes onto the market – getting the timing of launching on the market is crucial!
move or improve your house
Several friends have considered moving and discussions tend to lead to the work involved with moving. The thought of finding long forgotten items in a huge tidy up is exciting, however the huge tidy up does not appeal, especially when it involves hiring a rather large skip and packing many boxes. It is something I have considered, however I am too stubborn and set in my ways and do love where I live and the fact that a lot of my friends live within a minute walk… or roll, depends what we’ve been drinking!
With that in mind, my attentions are drawn to simply improving and decorating my property and I have written about this before… many times. Here are some ideas on how you can transform your house, without the need of the upheaval of a house move…
Decorating
A fresh coat of paint brings life to any room instantly and the fact you can mix colours these days means you do not have to stick to a simple magnolia colour. I did take the plunge in the end and decorated my living room in a calming purple theme, my absolute favourite colour. The room instantly felt completely different, with regards to feeling slightly larger and it felt more homely too, so decorating was the right move for me. Adding accessories to the room has been fun and will always be a continuous project!
Redecorate to improve your home
Transforming
Aside from decorating, adding accessories to a room is the easiest way to immediately transform a room with minimal effort. It could be that you change the bedding and curtains – and a luxury bedding store such a Julian Charles can help, as with many different styles and colour combinations available, you are sure to find the perfect set to complement and update your room.
Renovate
It goes without saying that knocking the wall down between a dining room and kitchen creates a wonderful open plan space and can make the whole space combined appear much larger and certainly brighter. I have written about portico’s before which are great for adding sheltered outside space that can be used in all weathers, without the need for a full conservatory. There are always options when it comes to structural improvements!
This post has been written as part of the #RenovateRedecorateInspire campaign and if you have the improve as opposed to move bug, then the Julian Charles eBook which is full of tips and advice for making small, affordable changes to your home is a must read!

Beth August 23, 2017 - 9:42 pm

Gah, I totally need to revamp my home… It looks like we’ll be here for quite a few years yet. Great points though.

S1m August 27, 2017 - 7:27 pm

I need to get cracking with it, for some reason I always prefer decorating in winter!?! 😉 x

Carrie Wootten August 25, 2017 - 10:10 am

Ooh I couldn’t agree more. I’ve just painted my daughter’s room this week and it has changed it completely. It finally looks like a room! Onto the next one now….!

S1m August 27, 2017 - 7:25 pm

Please can you book my house into your schedule too? 😉 I lack the motivation to paint and get easily distracted, even though I know it makes a huge difference… I’d best get cracking! xx

Lins @ Boo & Maddie August 25, 2017 - 11:23 am

I’m totally with you, there are so many simple and cost effective ways to really transform the look and feel of your home without the upheaval of moving, great post X #PoCoLo

S1m August 27, 2017 - 7:18 pm

Absolutely! I just need to heed my own advice and stock up on some paint and rollers to finally get cracking! xx

Elizabeth Cole August 26, 2017 - 12:02 am

What a good idea – I love the bright blue in the image.

#pocolo

S1m August 27, 2017 - 7:12 pm

Thank you! I love the idea of contemporary pieces of furniture and accessories, unfortunately with a child there are always toys scattered around!x

Helena August 27, 2017 - 6:47 pm

I’m with you regards painting and decorating. When we moved in the rooms were relatively Austin Power colours and we toned them down. I’m also considering seasonal decor now. #PoCoLo

S1m August 27, 2017 - 7:09 pm

Ohhhh seasonal decor is a fantastic idea! It’s amazing the difference a lick of paint can make to a room!xx

Stephanie Robinson September 5, 2017 - 9:44 pm

I think there’s much to be said for a change is as good as a rest (or a move in this case) -sometimes we just need to remind ourselves why we loved our house in the first place. But of course sometimes the move will win, but not always. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

S1m September 6, 2017 - 11:58 am

Absolutely! I love my shell and it’s just a case of decorating and giving it the look I want! Much easier than moving!