Home Lifestyle Where Would My Ultimate Road Trip Take Me?

Where Would My Ultimate Road Trip Take Me?

As I rolled out of bed this morning to be greeted by the chill proving that Winter is almost here, my mind wandered to where I would rather be… Italy… always Italy!

Somewhere warm would be nice, but even though a relaxing beach holiday sounds wonderful, I quite fancy a road trip. Not just any old road trip though, but a ‘The Trip’ inspired holiday. Taking a buddy along with me and sampling local cuisine and taking in the cultural delights of whatever city, town or village we had travelled to. Very much like Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. Meaning that I would absolutely need to take a buddy along with me and it is a must that the road trip would have to be filmed, clearly.  With two comedy geniuses driving around I’m sure Steve and Rob would be worrying about their next series!

road trip

But where to start my road trip?

Well, first it would involve getting to the airport in order to jet off to a summer climate and thus parking at the airport so time isn’t wasted waiting for taxi’s. Airport parking companies such as Purple Parking take the stress out arriving at the airport and also upon arriving back home, just to be able to load up your car with all your luggage and drive home.

Having already visited Rome and the Amalfi Coast, I would love to start my version of The Trip at the North of the country, flying into Parma airport, picking up a little hire car and starting the zoom around. Starting in Venice to be serenaded by a gondola oarsman as we glide down the Grand Canal, before heading for St. Mark’s Basilica in the central square. Travelling anti clockwise, the road trip would next take us to Turin to take in the stunning architecture (hello Instagram) and the mouthwatering cuisine that the area is renowned for.

road trip

By this time, I will be itching to head further down the west coast of Italy to visit Rome, somewhere you can never spend enough time. There really is so much to experience, from the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps,The Vatican, The Forum and also the mesmerising and atmospheric Colosseum – I defy anyone to not feel moved and experience goosebumps whilst taking it all in. I would certainly want to spend a good week exploring Italy’s Capital city – it also helps that you tend to see lots of Italian men in service uniform whilst there! 😉

road trip

My ultimate road trip would not be complete without an unlimited amount of time being spent at the Amalfi Coast, just south of Naples. The atmosphere is so relaxed and chilled and sitting in a coffee shop in the centre of Sorrento sounds bliss right now. A little piece of my heart was left there when I first visited many moons ago and that part of coastline really did leave a huge, long lasting impression on me.

road trip

Returning home would no doubt end in heartbreak and I would already be planning my return back to Italy. Actually, writing this post has left me somewhat deflated… especially as I look out of the window to be greeted by the miserable Mancunian rain. Some production company or holiday company needs to take my road trip idea on board and send me out there! The End.

A collaborative post for the #WheelsOfTheWorld campaign, however the trip is entirely how I picture it, I’m just still undecided on who I would take with me though!

. October 20, 2017 - 9:51 am

Oooh Italy…yes agree there although I’d take in the Lakes too. Lovely post. #pocolo

S1m October 23, 2017 - 3:43 pm

The Lakes are amazing and I am so lucky to have them pretty much on my doorstep, need to make the effort to get up there more often! 😉 xx

RawMum October 20, 2017 - 7:23 pm

Take me! I’d love a road trip like this. I like to taste the sights of countries and I don’t think I’m going to be allowed out to play for a while. Bump due in Feb! #pocoli

S1m October 23, 2017 - 3:27 pm

Awwwww you make sure you get lots of rest before February! Definitely treat yourself to a Babymoon beforehand!xx

Debbie October 21, 2017 - 2:03 pm

Hi Sim, I put my name forward to be our wingman! Especially if we get to go in that cute Fiat 500 (my dream car! What can I say?). I did a little travelling in my younger years and spent a few day in Rome. It was an amazing city and I can honestly say it gave me goosebumps. The Vatican was amazing, I’m not at all religious, but I would urge anyone to go and check it out if they have the chance… Popped over from #PoCoLo.

xx

S1m October 23, 2017 - 3:10 pm

Hi Debbie, it could only be done in a Fiat 500! It really does have me hankering after a road trip around Italy now. Rome is so beautiful and there is so much to see!xx

Jenny @ thebrickcastle October 23, 2017 - 12:21 pm

I went on a tour of Italy when I was 15 – it was wasted on me really, but it was so beautiful 🙂

S1m October 23, 2017 - 3:06 pm

It is such a beautiful country and cannot wait to return… I really am liking my idea of a road trip though!

Morgan Prince October 24, 2017 - 4:00 pm

Take me Sim, take me! 😉
Sounds like a glorious trip and eating all that lovely Italian food would be brilliant too I’m sure.
Thanks for linking to #pocolo

PS: loving the new blog look! 😉

Jade - Raw Childhood October 26, 2017 - 1:01 pm

We have looked into this ourselves, taking a road trip! We want to do all round Europe and visit Rome, France, Germany etc 🙂 #pocolo

S1m October 26, 2017 - 1:33 pm

A full road trip across Europe would be amazing, so many beautiful places to see… one day!

Stephanie October 30, 2017 - 9:00 pm

I love Italy and we don’t go there nearly often enough. Mine would be France – at one point MOH asked if we could go somewhere other than France on holiday, oops! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

S1m October 31, 2017 - 9:35 am

I am with you. France is beautiful but my parents live there so it’s always nice to experience somewhere new! 🙂 xx