Home Christmas Christmas Gift Guide: Toys for Christmas 2017

Christmas Gift Guide: Toys for Christmas 2017

Christmas Gift Guide

Is it wrong that I am sat here writing about some of our favourite toys for Christmas whilst wearing a Christmas jumper… and it’s only just November? To say I am in the Christmas spirit already is an understatement, with wrapping paper and advent stickers and bags procured, it is simply a case of what to wrap now!

There are so many toys that I wish we could include that we love and it really would be lovely to see some of our favourite toys in the Dream Toys comprehensive list of toys for Christmas which will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

However for now, here is a mix of our favourite toys for Christmas 2017!

Fingerlings BlogOn Xmas

Fingerlings

How cute are Fingerlings? Much more than a colourful monkey that simply sits on your finger, Fingerlings are interactive and react to your voice, when petted and when moved. I found that if you rock the monkey and rub its hair then it will fall asleep, but watch out for when the monkey turns cheeky and shakes it head when it doesn’t want to do something! Fingerlings totally surprised me, both Mini Me and I absolutely adore them – it is no surprise that they are going to prove very popular this year with Toys R Us offering an exclusive Unicorn Fingerling. You can buy genuine Fingerlings (RRP £14.99) in a range of different colours, alongside playsets from Amazon or from toy shops such a Smyths.

Christmas Gift Guide

Splashlings

Hugely popular in the USA, Splashlings are now making waves in the UK and make for a fantastic Christmas gift idea. The 12 pack of Splashlings include a Mermaid and her 3 Splashing’s friends, alongside a treasure shell with a mystery Splashling hidden inside. The cute range of collectables also includes different characters and playsets, allowing you to build on your collection. The toys are of high quality and are very colourful and are very appealing to younger children. The range is very reasonably priced for a collectable range with a 6 pack of Splashlings priced at £5.49 from Amazon.

Christmas-Gift-Guide

Slither.io Toys

Slither.io is a smash hit game, played by millions around the world. Based on the much loved classic Snake game that was available on Nokia mobile phones back in the day, Slither.io is a multi player game allowing you to compete against other players to make your mark on the ultimate leaderboard of the greatest players. Decorate your snake with a range of different skins and get ready to play matches with players all around the world. The game has proved such a hit that a new range of toys has been released based on the snakes! How cute is the 8 inch bendable soft plush Slither.io – available in a range of different styles for £9.99 from Amazon.

Other toys in the range include Bendable Slithers (£10.99 for a 3 pack) and blind bags (£6.49). If you know someone who loves playing the game then these will make the perfect gift!

Christmas-Gift-Gude

GoGoPo Goobands

I have yet to meet a child that does not like slime or gooey putty, even Mini Me can wile away the hours simply messing with it. GoGoPo offers more than just slime as each pot of slime comes with a colour coordinated wristband, making the collectable slime even more appealing. They really are a great stocking filler idea for Christmas – with 27 colours to choose including finishes of glitter, pearlescent and shimmer you will definitely find a GoGoPo pot your child will love! Priced at £5.49 directly from the Keycraft section on Amazon.

Christmas-Gift-Guide

Shrinkles

Mini Me absolutely loves crafting, so for her Shrinkles are a fantastic activity set. The pack comes with pre-printed Fairy Princess related sheets (there are other designs in the range), simply colour in a shape with the special Shrinkle pencils included and bake in the oven to watch your creation shrink. There are so many funky accessories you can make with tools included to make: a Key Ring attachment, Badge attachment, Pencil Topper, Finger ring, Ballchain, Brooch, Noodle, Sticky pads, magnets and more. Shrinkles have been around years, however are still a firm favourite to give as gifts, whether for Christmas or Birthdays. Such a great family activity to do together, you can purchase Shrinkles packs from Amazon, priced at £9.99.

This post does include affiliate links to the products mentioned.

Susan November 3, 2017 - 2:59 am

Hello.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! I didn’t know that the Slither.io game has merchandise. Lol. My nieces will absolutely love these gifts.Thank you for the ideas.

S1m November 3, 2017 - 10:39 am

Absolutely it is 🙂 The Slither.io toys are super cute and a great way to introduce people to the game 🙂

Louisa November 3, 2017 - 2:20 pm

My daughter has been asking for Fingerlings for a while but to be honest I thought they just sat on your finger and did nothing. After reading this I think I will surprise her with one for Christmas, it will be the last thing she is expecting! #pocolo

S1m November 3, 2017 - 3:57 pm

Exactly what I thought too until I got to play with one and instantly fell in love 🙂 They are super cute and the fact they interact with you is fantastic – such a reasonable price for the toy too, I am sure your daughter will be absolutely delighted xx

Elizabeth Cole November 3, 2017 - 7:52 pm

That fingerling is so cute!

#pocolo

Mother of 3 November 3, 2017 - 10:05 pm

Adorable gift ideas! My boys are getting too big for things like this but having older kids I am finding it hard to buy for my younger nieces and nephews. These are great.

S1m November 4, 2017 - 11:14 am

Glad they could help somewhat! Despite all the toys on the market these days, it is always surprising how hard it is to buy presents! 🙂 xx

Jade - Raw Childhood November 4, 2017 - 7:57 pm

Ah lovely gift ideas! I like that these are smaller gifts too because it gets daunting looking at all the stuff that is so expensive! #pocolo

S1m November 6, 2017 - 12:02 pm

Awww thank you! We are totally in love with Fingerlings – and very reasonably priced. There are times when you don’t need to spend a fortune on fantastic gifts, hope this can give some inspiration!xx

Helena November 7, 2017 - 2:32 pm

We’ve seen a few of these advertised on tv. I wonder which one will be the most popular. #PoCoLo

S1m November 8, 2017 - 4:53 pm

It will be interesting, but have to say we do love the Fingerlings – actually trying one out in person surprised me, I hadn’t realised they were interactive!xx

Morgan Prince November 10, 2017 - 5:08 pm

What a great list of toys. I’m sure LP would love the SafeBreaker!
Thanks for linking to #pocolo

Janine November 15, 2017 - 9:45 pm

My 5 year old is currently obsessed with the slither the game on the tablet. Thanks for linking up to the #GiftGuideLinkUp

S1m November 16, 2017 - 3:45 pm

We have still yet to play it, I had never heard of it before but was a huge Snake fab back in the day of Nokia’s 😉

AK November 15, 2017 - 9:47 pm

Oh I haven’t heard about Splashlings before but they look cute something my daughter could def get into! I am debating if I shall join the craze to hunt down a fingerling for her too! I am still undecided! Thanks for joining in with our #GiftGuideLinkUp

S1m November 16, 2017 - 3:45 pm

They are super cute and another fan toy that can be collected – make sure you hunt down a genuine Fingerling – so many fakes on the market at the moment, the genuine little dude is awesome! 🙂 x

michelle twin mum November 15, 2017 - 10:38 pm

Ohh safe breaker looks interesting and like you say, what kid isn’t loving putty/ slime at the moment? Mich x

S1m November 16, 2017 - 3:42 pm

Kids are so lucky these days with the selection of toys available – even I love slime! 😉 xx