Home Lifestyle What Bargains Did I Pick Up In The Boots 70% Sale?

What Bargains Did I Pick Up In The Boots 70% Sale?

Boots 70% Sale

We all love a good bargain and the Christmas sales are always a fantastic excuse on stocking up on gifts to use throughout the year for a fraction of the price.

The Boots sale is always hugely popular with many threads available to view online detailing when the sale starts and what goodies can be picked up at bargain prices… but it is the Boots 70% sale that is highly anticipated. With much buzz surrounding the clearance sale, Boots are always tight lipped over when it will fall – it tends to occur annually in the third week of January, just in time for the store to clear the shelves for the next season’s stock – but will it be the third Wednesday or the third Friday? Who knows!

Last year, the Boots sale fell on the Wednesday but this year it well on Friday 19th January (this was confirmed on Money Saving Expert yesterday), with many people preparing for an early morning trip to their local Boots stores, myself and a friend included!

Walking into our local store, it had pretty much been ransacked in the previous hour that it had been open and the shelves were pretty much bare. My friend picked up the final Soap & Glory set left and I did enquire as to whether there was any stock left that had not been put out as yet, but alas no…

Still, we did manage to pick up some lovely bargains in the Boots Sale with a fantastic 70% off the marked price.

There was a lot of Fabletics related items still available and I managed to pick up the larger Hair gift set for £3.75 (reduced from £12.50) and the Mini Collection for £3 (reduced from £10.00).

Boots Sale Haul

The Power Puff Girls bag is quite funky and includes bath bubbles and body butter, it was reduced to £4.80 from an original price tag of £16), the Jamie Oliver mug and coaster set was £3, reduced from £10, the Cosmetic bag was £2.55 reduced from £8.50 and the gorgeous Zoella notebook was reduced from £6 to a very pleasing £1.80.

The original total should have been £69 and I paid £20.70, so despite not being able to pick up as many goodies as I expected, it was a success!

Boots Sale Toys

Last week, I had managed to pick up some Life of Pets TY toys for children’s gifts this year – all marked at 50% off in the Boots Sale, priced at £1.50 each with the larger Pegasus Beanie Boo soft plush priced at £2.

A recent Primark trip was also successful on the sale front with their Beauty and The Beast range being reduced by 50% with another gift option of the scarf for a fantastic £2 – great quality too!

Primark Sale Haul

I now feel ready for any party invite or birthday that may crop up in the next few months and am happy that I went to the stores and shopped in person as opposed to simply shopping online. Sometimes you need to time to simply walk around and have a good look when it comes to sale shopping!

Did you pick up any bargains in the Boots sale this year?

Jenny @thebrickcastle January 19, 2018 - 12:45 pm

I can’t believe you got the Beauty and the beast stuff half price – everyone was gping insane for those in November! We’ll done – that’s next Christmas sorted 😀

S1m January 19, 2018 - 1:24 pm

I know – I was travelling up the escalator when I saw them so made a beeline on my way down – half price, bloody awesome and they are super cute. Definitely stocked up for the year. 🙂 x

Sophie Gillum-Webb January 19, 2018 - 2:18 pm

Next year I want to go with you I love a bargain!

S1m January 19, 2018 - 2:20 pm

You need to – my mate said she loves shopping with me, I feel so sorry for the checkout woman as with items with no price, I was telling her what to charge… go on, £1! 😉 I am sure I must have a little Yorkshire running through my veins 😉 xx

Carol January 19, 2018 - 3:40 pm

Good buys but I am in love with your Beauty and The Beast Tea Cups! #PoCoLo

Kate January 19, 2018 - 5:40 pm

This is such a good advert for going to the sales. Too often you think they are a con but this proves you really can get some cool bargains always useful at this time of year #PoLoCo

Morgan Prince January 19, 2018 - 8:56 pm

I haven’t been shopping in a long time. The sales tend to pass by me without me noticing and then I realise and hate myself for missing out! Sounds like you had a great shopping trip.
Thanks for linking to #pocolo

Jazmin Williams January 19, 2018 - 9:35 pm

I love a good sales post! I’ve been hearing a lot about Fabletics lately so need to check out. Was a massive Powerpuff Girls as a kid and Zoella is my fave! Looks like you had some great buys 🙂

chickenruby January 21, 2018 - 12:57 pm

Plenty of 2 for 1 offers in Boots here in Dubai but not the big reductions like you’ve had, but then not the range of gift packs either, they do the offers on all products in the stores here #pocolo

Thomas Paul January 26, 2018 - 9:12 pm

What a nice sale. 50% off sales are so tempting but I think you took a good advantage out of those. The cups from the Beauty and the Beast are adorable. Nice purchase.

Stephanie January 31, 2018 - 11:04 pm

Great bargains – and looks like you’ve been super organised – thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo