Home Food The Many Uses Of The Rather Tasty Duerr’s Marmalade Range

The Many Uses Of The Rather Tasty Duerr’s Marmalade Range

Duerr's Marmalade

As I look out at the mini snow blizzard outside, this is the moment I would normally crack and go in search of comfort food. One of my go to treats was always toast, slices of thick cut, seeded brown bread, smothered in delicious butter… mmmm dreamy. However, the Keto lifestyle unfortunately doesn’t allow for that… instead I shall be having my usual bacon and scrambled eggs!

Mini Me is totally different, she isn’t the greatest fan of butter and favours spreading either jam or chocolate spread over her toast. When the opportunity arose to try Duerr’s Marmalade, it was the perfect opportunity to let Mini Me try something we normally wouldn’t, especially as we are total creatures of habit.

Duerr's Marmalade Jars

The greatest thing about the Duerr’s Marmalade range, besides the actual marmalade, are the jars. The are super heavy duty and perfect for re-using around the house. Whether to fill again with food or to use for keeping the mounds of dreaded loom bands tidy, we will certainly find a use for them! I quite like the idea of reusing them for funky desserts – the jars make for such a fantastic centrepiece around a dinner table and I do like it when food is served in unique ways. How would you reuse the Duerr’s jars?

Duerr's Marmalade Selection

I was shocked by the selection available in the range, how can there seriously be that many varieties of marmalade? There really is something for every taste and I have my eye on the Sunny Lemon Smooth Citrus Conserve, I am a huge fan of anything lemon related!

There are so many other ways to utilise marmalade, alongside slathering it over hot toast and Mini Me and I found that making Marmalade Cookies was the best way to get started!

Duerr's Marmalade

Following the Duerr’s Marmalade biscuit recipe, we made the cookies with the Fine Cut Sunny Seville Orange Marmalade, which smelled amazing as soon as you opened the jar. The recipe was super easy to follow (fortunately we had most of the ingredients) and the biscuits turned out perfectly… Mini Me has been enjoyed them ever since! The next time we make them, I will definitely swap for the Lemon Conserve and allow myself a little treat, I believe that is the chef’s privilege!

Duerr's Marmalade

Check out the full range of Duerr’s inspiring recipes – I need to source the Duerr’s Peanut Butter as I have my eye on the Satay Chicken recipe, with a few tweaks I can certainly make that Keto friendly!

You can find the full range of Duerr’s products in most food stores, such as Sainsburys and Tesco.

Pin Me!

Laura Haley February 28, 2018 - 11:36 pm

I would never have thought to make marmalade cookies. These look amazing.

Rhian Westbury March 1, 2018 - 9:57 am

Oh mentioning peanut butter for a satay recipe reminds me that I need to try that! I’ve never been a huge marmalade fan but the cookies look yummy x

Anosa March 2, 2018 - 3:39 pm

I do love my marmalade but not tried making marmalade cookies before, these look super yummy

kerry norris March 2, 2018 - 3:45 pm

I had no idea there were so many varieties. I’d have never thought to use it in cookies. Will have to have a try

Sinead March 2, 2018 - 4:12 pm

I’m not a HUGE marmalade fan but I’d happily devour those biscuits! And I know the kids would too!

Lorraine March 2, 2018 - 10:47 pm

I read this as I LOVE marmalade, I didn’t know there was a lemon spread in their range, I will definitely look for that. Your cookies look lovely I would never of though of adding marmalade.
#PoCoLo

susanna March 3, 2018 - 7:49 am

This jars are amazing. I had never thought about making marmalade cookies, but they look amazing!

Newcastle Family Life March 3, 2018 - 1:28 pm

I would never have thought of making marmalade cookies, what a clever idea. My little boy loves marmalade on toast for breakfast, we even have a cat called Marmalade x

Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries March 4, 2018 - 5:51 am

You know what Marmalade is one of those things I often bypass using on my toast! I’m more a marmite girl! Those marmalade cookies sound great though! X #bloggerclubuk

S1m March 5, 2018 - 12:04 pm

I am a total creature of habit and do love buttery toast, but I have been reminded of how lovely marmalade on toast is too – it is so versatile and we will definitely be using it in cooking again. x

Jenni March 5, 2018 - 9:36 am

I love marmalade but I’ve never made cookies with it before. Must give that a try!

S1m March 5, 2018 - 12:01 pm

Absolutely – there are so many recipes out there and it does make a dish somewhat sweeter, it’s a new go to item now 🙂

Lisa March 7, 2018 - 7:38 am

I don’t like marmalade but these sound really yummy

S1m March 8, 2018 - 9:19 am

In cooking it’s barely noticeable but definitely adds a sweet kick to a meal! 🙂

Rosie (@greenrosielife) March 7, 2018 - 1:56 pm

I have to admit to being a marmalade hater but I do love these useful jars … and I might enjoy the biscuits. #pocolo

S1m March 8, 2018 - 9:17 am

It’s not my go to put it all looks and smells divine – will definitely be using it more in cooking!