Home Lifestyle How To Organise A Royal Wedding Party

How To Organise A Royal Wedding Party

Royal Wedding Party

The media is currently abuzz with new daily updates about the Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Megan Markle on Saturday 19th May. According to reports, Megan has spent an eye watering £400,000 on her wedding dress for the occasion, with lots of speculation over which designer will design the dress.

Whoever planned the date clearly didn’t check what other events were happening on the day, as the 19th May is also FA Cup Final day. Fear not though, as depending on which team hoists the cup, it could be a day for double celebrations and the perfect excuse for a Royal Wedding party. What better way to spend the day than celebrating with a party!

Here are some tips on how to organise a Royal Wedding party…

Royal wedding party invitation

Send out invites

Invite your friends and family round for a party feast and spread the celebrations throughout the day to cover the Wedding and FA Cup Final. There are lots of fun party invite ideas and other royal wedding party crafts on Pinterest to get your guests truly in the party spirit. It may not be an invite to the actual wedding, but it will be an invite to a fabulous party to celebrate!

Prepare your garden

If you are unable to have a street party, then have a garden party instead! Covering any eventuality with the weather, it’s best to have a gazebo just in case. Make sure you mow your lawn as close to the event as possible, or if you are already considering having fake grass laid down, this is the prime opportunity! Easy to maintain and clear up after the event and the greatest excuse to have more garden parties in future! String fairy lights around your garden for when the night starts drawing in, adding colour during the day and the night.

royal wedding party

Stock up

Whether you are having a BBQ or a buffet, make sure you stock up on food and drink to mark the special day in style! By that time BBQ food should be in an abundance in the shops and stores such as Aldi always have a great selection at a very reasonable price. Cakes are always a winner at garden parties and if you are looking for a traditional cake,or even a Keto blueberry cake, all are always well received.

Starlight and Stories March 8, 2018 - 3:18 pm

Ooo a royal wedding party sounds like a wonderful idea. I’m always up for a celebration!

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:18 pm

Definitely – any excuse for a party and what a day for it 🙂 x

Mandi March 8, 2018 - 7:35 pm

I love it – I loved it when people did street parties for the Jubilee too. Nothing beats a good old celebration.

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:16 pm

Absolutely – though some neighbours will not be receiving an invite this time 😉 x

Lisa (Travel Loving Family) March 8, 2018 - 9:54 pm

I didn’t know the wedding was the same day as FA Final cup day! Poor Harry;) Love the fake grass. It would save me hours of mowing

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:13 pm

It certainly is – a highly important fixture, he should have consulted with this brother first 😉 Fake grass is the way forward, I am highly considering it!x

Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries March 8, 2018 - 10:29 pm

Any excuse for a party! Some great tips and ideas! x #bloggerclubuk

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:12 pm

Absolutely 🙂 Considering they have doubled up with the FA Cup Final it will be party central! 🙂 x

Deborah Nicholas March 9, 2018 - 10:12 am

I love this idea and everyone deserves to be treat like a royal at party time!

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:11 pm

Absolutely – I have a feeling our parties will be slightly more relaxed thankfully 😉 x

Elizabeth March 9, 2018 - 2:58 pm

I’m loving the idea of having a Royal Wedding Party at home! What a great way to join in with the nationwide celebrations.

S1m March 9, 2018 - 4:09 pm

Absolutely 🙂 We had a street party when Prince William got married, this was before a particular neighbour turned psychotic, I doubt they will be invited to any parties 😉

Rachael March 11, 2018 - 6:18 pm

It’s such a great idea to have a big street party or garden party. Definitely a fun way to celebrate the day!

Chloe Ciliberto March 11, 2018 - 9:33 pm

I love the idea of having a party on the day of the Royal Wedding. I can’t wait to see her dress. It’s going to be so beautiful. I definitely want to organise a little get together and watch the wedding with my friends. x

Alex March 14, 2018 - 9:20 am

It’s also the day of my baby shower – so inconsiderate of them all haha! Honestly I think the idea of spending £400k on a wedding dress is disgusting when there are so many people living below the poverty line in this country – I’d have expected better from these two!

Helen March 14, 2018 - 1:32 pm

Any excuse for a party, good food and getting everyone together – it will be an exciting event for the nation 🙂

Anosa March 14, 2018 - 7:19 pm

FA cup final is on the same day as Megs wedding? Oh mama, this will divide families lol but love those invites so cute

Cath - BattleMum March 14, 2018 - 10:04 pm

I didn’t know the FA Cup was on the same day! Definitely a double celebration for some people in the uk!

Newcastle Family Life March 15, 2018 - 10:05 am

A Royal wedding party sounds like fun, that is the day of my daughters birthday party though so I don’t think we will be watching. She has spent a lot on her dress, I am getting married next year and my whole wedding is costing a lot less then that lol xx

Sophie's Nursery March 15, 2018 - 10:52 am

£400, 000??? Seriously, wow I didn’t even know dresses could be that expensive lol. Lovely ideas, sounds like it would be great fun x

Amy - All about a Mummy March 15, 2018 - 11:46 pm

You’ve inspired me! I think I definitely need to host a party! Although I have to say £400,000 for the dress is bloomin’ ridiculous!

Cardiff Mummy Says - Cathryn March 17, 2018 - 1:55 pm

We had a royal wedding party for William and Kate’s wedding – it was such fun, loads of friends and their children. I still have all the bunting and union flags in the attic ready for the next one!