Home Lifestyle Alternative Easter Chocolate And Gift Ideas

Alternative Easter Chocolate And Gift Ideas

Alternative Easter

Can you believe that in two and a half week’s time it will be Easter? When we should be basking in the sun and eating chocolate like it’s going out fashion, we are finding ourselves wrapping up to cope to with the snow! This weather is ludicrous!

Anyway, back to the Easter chocolate… Easter eggs of all different shapes and sizes have been available in shops for months. Have you noticed how expensive they are this year? Surely it’s cheaper to simply purchase several large bars of chocolate instead! If you love baking you could even make your own egg instead to add a special Easter touch!

If like me, you find all the chocolate slightly overwhelming, here are some fantastic suggestions for alternative Easter gifts…

Alternative Easter

These super soft, cute plushes are part of a range of Molang toys from Tomy, perfect for fans of the Molang TV programme. The TV show follows Molang, the enthusiastic rabbit and a shy chick named Piu Piu as they share adventures and pick up friends along the way. Whilst Liv maybe slightly too old to enjoy the programme these days, we are certainly never too old to enjoy cuddles with soft plush toys and the range is perfect for that. Especially the large, super soft Molang which can even be stretched and returns back to its original state, Liv has fondly renamed it as Marshmallow for that reason! If you are creating an Easter gift box, the smaller plushes will be the perfect accompaniment.

Alternative Easter

You can purchase the Molang range of toys from Amazon.

Alternative Easter

If you are planning on baking at Easter, definitely check out these fantastic Bake in the Box cake mixes from Dr. Oetker. The fantastic range includes Lemon and Poppy Seed (my favourite), Double Chocolate and Banana& Choc Chip. It really is as simple as tearing the lid off, adding either 100ml or 130ml (depending on which cake you choose). Bake for 10 minutes, score lengthways down the middle and then bake for a further 25 minutes, with this being the finished result…

Alternative Easter

Apologies for the blurry image, I had to be quick before Liv dived in there! As you would expect, there is very little to clean up too, bonus! Dr. Oetker have an amazing range of baking products for adding an extra special touch for any goodies you bake.

Alternative Easter

You can purchase the range of Dr. Oetker products from most supermarkets, including Sainsbury’s and Tesco.

Alternative Easter

Adults are allowed a treat at Easter time too and if you struggle to hang onto normal eggs before children eat them, how about having your very own adult Easter egg? The Grown Up Chocolate Company offer a great range of smaller, adult only Easter Eggs featuring Passion Fruit Caramel, Crispy Toffee Caramel and Salted Peanut Caramel (all priced at £2.05)… they sound absolutely divine and so far I have managed to hide them away from little fingers! You need to check out The Grown Up Chocolate Company, not only do they have an awesome range of chocolate goodies, but you can even make your own chocolate bar! Choose your chocolate base, add up to three ingredients from an extensive list and even design your own wrapper! Willy Wonka eat your heart out!

Alternative Easter

Will you be gifting alternative Easter presents this year?

Alternative Easter

Pin Me!

Jenny @thebrickcastle March 19, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Oooooh I love the look of those Dr Oetker Bake In A Box! They look so easy and clean!! Dr Oetker are so reliable too – I’ll be having some of them 😀
The Grown UP eggs sounds delicious too and so well priced! My OH loves stuff like that, and I see on the website they have ‘create your own’ bars too – brilliant find. Cheers Sim! 🙂

S1m March 19, 2018 - 12:45 pm

They are all such fantastic suggestions for alternative Easter ideas 🙂 The cake in the box is so easy to make and Liv is thoroughly enjoying it – may have to design my own chocolate bar, would be rude not to 🙂 x

Cardiff Mummy Says - Cathryn March 20, 2018 - 9:47 am

As a vegan who also doesn’t eat sugar Easter can be tricky! We always get a book and a new tshirt or top for our children and then family seem to buy them chocolate… I’m not a fan of too much chocolate although they would disagree!

Marie March 20, 2018 - 2:45 pm

Love the molang toys, such a great Easter gift idea. Was totally sold on not buying eggs until I saw the grown up eggs and knew I needed them now!

Beth March 20, 2018 - 2:56 pm

Great suggestions Sim. 🙂 I love the Molang thinganamybobbies… Seren would be dizzy with excitement. Haha!

Mattie Lacey-Davidson March 21, 2018 - 10:49 am

I’ve been trying to think of alternatives myself, but I’d really like things that weren’t full of sugar!

Kat March 21, 2018 - 3:41 pm

Every time I say this, people look at me in total bewilderment – I’m not a huge chocolate fan! In fact, I was bought some in October and only just got round to eating my first one yesterday! Your alternatives work for me! :o)

Wendy March 21, 2018 - 8:01 pm

I love the look of the adult chocolate company! These are all great gifts, we usually just buy chocolate eggs but these are really cute ideas xx

Stephanie March 21, 2018 - 9:32 pm

Oh these all look lovely. I love baking with my kids and would never say no to Easter chocolate!!!

Jenni March 21, 2018 - 11:39 pm

I’ve never heard of Molang, but those toys are super cute! Our boys always get books for Easter.

Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries March 23, 2018 - 5:52 am

Great ideas! My kids are 2 & 3 months so they won’t be getting chocolate! I have gone for a storu sack for the eldest and a rattle for the youngest! x

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:11 pm

Awwww I think they will love those Easter presents even more… plus, they last longer 🙂 Sim’s Life x

Catie March 23, 2018 - 12:46 pm

Thank you for sharing your good ideas. I’d rather have a book than chocolate as I’m on a healthy eating kick now. #POCOLO

mummy here and here March 23, 2018 - 2:51 pm

Gosh so many good treats, I do like ten idea of baking and doing something with my hands X #pocplo

Bianca March 23, 2018 - 3:06 pm

These are great alternatives. Thanks for sharing.

Kim Carberry March 23, 2018 - 6:40 pm

Ohh! I do like the look of the eggs from the The Grown Up Chocolate Company….I haven’t seen those before. Yum! Yum! x

Katelynn|hampersandhiccups.com March 23, 2018 - 8:20 pm

Baking is definitely a go-to around here. Lots of fun to teach the little ones how to make meaningful gifts. Plus it teaches counting, patience, listening, hand/eye coordination, motor skills, etc.
#pocolo
Katelynn, hampersandhiccups.com

chickenruby March 25, 2018 - 12:37 pm

chocolate, cakes and sweets here all the way and this easter there will be 4 adults and a cat and a dog, no kids but loads of the above in the house and no alternatives lol #pocolo