Home Lifestyle Making Hallways, Entrance Halls and Landings More Than Just Empty Space

Making Hallways, Entrance Halls and Landings More Than Just Empty Space

Making the most of Hallyways

Are you looking to make your hallways a little less, well, blank? While they should never be filled with lots of clutter, adding a few key items can really help to transform your hallways into cosy, welcoming areas. Here, you’ll discover how to make your hallways, entrance halls and landings more than just an empty space.

Hallways

Add a piece of artwork

This is an especially great idea for the entrance hall of the home. It’s the first area your guests see when they enter the property, so ideally, you’ll want the space to represent your own personal tastes. You could also choose to add a painting which could act as a conversation starter. A cultural painting for example, would have the same effect as it would in an art gallery; giving your guests something to appreciate and talk about.
The ideal painting for an entrance hall would be either calming or bright, depending upon your preferences.

Consider adding an armchair

If the hallway is large enough, it could be worth adding an armchair. This doesn’t just make the space look homelier, it also gives you somewhere to put on or take off your shoes. It could also be used as a comfortable resting spot if you find you constantly need to wait for others to get ready before you can leave.
You can find a wide range of armchairs these days to suit all tastes and budgets. Check out the impressive range at Cox & Cox for example. You’ll find there’s a huge range of choice available from modern to more traditional looking armchairs.

Lights in Hallway

Think about the lighting

One thing that’s going to make a huge difference to your hallways, is the lighting. Did you know that pendent lights are especially great for the hallway as they add additional dimension? They also really help to create a modern, stylish look. They provide quite a soft light which a lot of people find preferable to the standard ultra-bright artificial lighting.
These are just three ways you can enhance the look of your hallways, entrance halls and landings. Even if you only have a very small area to work with, at least one of the tips above will help you to transform those empty spaces. You don’t need to spend a fortune, creating an inviting, warm and stylish hallway really isn’t as expensive as you might think.

Hallways

Pin Me!

Alex March 22, 2018 - 1:15 pm

Our hallway is quite narrow so we recently painted it a lovely bright white and added some wall art and a little shelf – it really makes the space something special rather than just a walk through! Great tips here 🙂

Laura March 22, 2018 - 4:08 pm

Oh I’ve got hallway entry reading this! When we bought this house six years ago it had everything we could wish for except a hallway (the porch leads straight onto the kitchen). Fab ideas though! x

Ger ( It's Me & Ethan) March 22, 2018 - 4:55 pm

Our hallyway is always full of shoes ,coats ,bags and balls ! I really need to clear it , before even thinking about design. I think we need a brighter colour as it is quite dark and long . I definitely like the art work idea !!!

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:13 pm

Mine too 🙂 Art work and statement mirrors, they work wonders for making it seem larger and brighter 🙂 Sim’s Life x

Beth March 22, 2018 - 8:40 pm

My hallway is stuffed full of coats and my landing houses the washing basket. I could totally do with larger areas. 🙂

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:12 pm

As is mine currently, shoes and bags too – it is just another dumping ground! Sim’s Life x

Laura Dove March 22, 2018 - 10:35 pm

I love this, a hallway should make a great first impression and I love hallways which really make that impact! We need to decorate ours!

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:12 pm

Absolutely it should and the possibilities are endless with regards to design 🙂 I need to decorate too 🙁 Sim’s Life x

Jenny March 23, 2018 - 12:20 am

I must do something with my hallway. I used to have paintings up but they all came down when I repainted.

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:11 pm

Definitely time to make a statement in your hallway! I need to get on with decorating mine first! Sim’s Life x

Kat March 23, 2018 - 9:03 am

I’ve recently been working on my hallway too. Ours is super narrow so we have limits! I’ve put in a statement mirror, a lovely shoe cupboard and a coat rack/ shelf. I still feel like I need some art but it’s coming together. These are some great tips! X

S1m March 23, 2018 - 12:10 pm

A statement mirror works wonders 🙂 I just need to get on with decorating mine 🙁 Sim’s Life

Stephanie March 23, 2018 - 10:13 pm

We have such a small hallway so it’s so tricky to find things that fits in there. I love your ideas…..maybe one I day Ivan squeeze a statement mirror in there

Michelle Kellogg March 25, 2018 - 2:10 am

I have a few pictures hanging up in the hallway, one of which is actually a chart one of my boys made at school a few years ago. I would love to add some art though:)