Home Lifestyle What Have We Been Up To During The Easter Break?

What Have We Been Up To During The Easter Break?

Easter break

The blogs have been quiet over Easter, especially Sim’s Life, for good reason as Liv and I took some well earned rest and enjoyed an Easter break away or two! You need to recharge your batteries every so often and I have now returned fully relaxed and ready to crack on with blogging again.

As the Easter holidays started, I found myself moving 4 websites over to a new host and I only wish I had made the move sooner. I chose SiteGround after many recommendations and the whole process was seamless and their customer service second to none. Seriously, I can not rate them highly enough and if you have a problem, they are there to help immediately to avoid downtime. Needless to say, they are my new favourites!

Our first break was a holiday in the South West France to visit my parents. It was lovely to see them again and enjoy the relaxation the area offer, discounting breaking up logs and repairing a sit on lawn mower! I was expecting the weather to be somewhat better than that experienced over the past few months in Manchester alas, it wasn’t meant to be! Despite being slightly warmer, there were far too many overcast days and too much rain for my liking – the hopes of returning with a tan were dashed immediately. Even a trip into Spain for the day didn’t bode well either, as you can see below!

Easter Break

One of the things I love about France is stationery… I do not know what it is but I do go gooey over the rows of notebooks and cute accessories that all seem so different to what is available in the UK. We visited the local Action, a national chain – it’s a bit like Home Bargains and B&M rolled into one and their crafts section is AMAZING!

Easter Break

I was able to stock up on lots of cute backdrop items for blog images and was grateful I had enough space in my case to bring them all home, they were all so reasonably priced that I couldn’t resist. The weekly planner will be so helpful as I try to get myself back on track after the break and will certainly keep me more organised!

No sooner had we returned from one Easter break away than we went on another! This time for a Travel Guide Blog review trip to the wonderful Rossendale Holiday Cottages that are pretty much on our doorstep. We enjoyed a fabulous night in one of the cottages and woke up to such stunning scenery… check out the review when it goes live next week over on TGB!

Easter Break

Jenny @thebrickcastle April 13, 2018 - 5:06 pm

Awww shame the weather wasn’t kind, but I bet it was a great break – looking forward to the cottage review! πŸ™‚

Elizabeth Cole April 14, 2018 - 10:43 pm

What a lovely break – can’t wait to see more. Hope the weather didn’t ruin it!

#pocolo

Hannah Wood April 15, 2018 - 10:08 pm

Looks like you guys having been having a good time, we did not do too much but we did get out sometimes as had lots of Dr apps for my Daughter.

S1m April 17, 2018 - 11:03 am

It as certainly been a busy time, sounds like it has for everyone – glad the children are all back now and normality can be restored πŸ™‚ x

Nichola - Globalmouse April 16, 2018 - 1:57 pm

Sounds like a lovely break. I never knew France was so good for stationery, great tip, I’ll look out next time I’m there!

S1m April 17, 2018 - 11:02 am

Absolutely awesome for stationery, the notebooks especially are super awesome!

Kara April 16, 2018 - 5:01 pm

Sounds like you had a fabulous break despite the rain trying to spoil it and how lovely to be able to visit your parents. The weather was pretty vile here too

S1m April 17, 2018 - 11:01 am

I believe the weather had been pants everywhere, made me feel better slightly

Sarah Bailey April 16, 2018 - 5:51 pm

It sounds like you had a great Easter break even with the rain spoiling play a little. I am with you on needing to take some time away from time to time and just try and rest and relax.

S1m April 17, 2018 - 11:01 am

Breaks away are always good for a refresh, even if it is raining πŸ™‚

Alison Rost April 17, 2018 - 3:46 am

Sounds like you had a pretty productive Easter break. It’s nice that you also had some time to relax. I would love to hoard stationery! I’m not sure where I’ll use them but they’re just so adorable!

S1m April 17, 2018 - 10:59 am

A very busy Easter, you always have to factor in rain, just one of those things πŸ˜‰ x

Rhian Westbury April 17, 2018 - 6:12 am

Sounds like a lovely Easter break, and the stationary is so cute x

S1m April 17, 2018 - 10:53 am

Thank you so much, I am totally in love with it x

Laura Dove April 17, 2018 - 11:03 am

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely easter break! I love all of your new goodies for your images!

AnnMarie John April 17, 2018 - 11:43 am

Glad you got some much needed down time this Easter break. I love being able to take the time off and rest whenever it’s possible. It’s nice to hear that you break went well, it’s a mix of fun and relaxation!

Bethany April 17, 2018 - 6:26 pm

I love your backdrop items for blog photos, they’re so simple and classy … great job in fitting them all in.

Helen at Casa Costello April 17, 2018 - 8:05 pm

I didn’t know your parents lived in SW France – One of our most favourite places on earth is Biarritz where we went for 9 years. I completely agree about French stationery – Its fantastic!

S1m April 17, 2018 - 8:12 pm

They do πŸ™‚ Lived there over ten years now. I’ve flown into Biarritz before, a beautiful place. It is gorgeous over there, so many pretty villages but far too quiet… guess I will always be a city girl πŸ™‚ xx

Yeah Lifestyle April 17, 2018 - 8:12 pm

Sounds like you all had such a fab Easter break, its always nice to re-energise and then come back again in full force. Loving those French stationeries as well.

ana April 18, 2018 - 11:28 am

Aha I know the feeling, I just came back from a trip to Italy and it was raining the whole time so no tan for me although I still had fun nevertheless! Glad you still had fun in France and Spain despite the rain!

S1m April 18, 2018 - 12:30 pm

I cannot believe how rubbish the weather has been, even in Europe over Easter! Italy is one of my favourite destinations… hope you had fun x

Lauretta at Home and Horizon April 18, 2018 - 2:03 pm

Sounds like a lovely place to spend Easter. I’m fascinated about the fab stationeries you can find in France. I’m a stationery lover. Now that would be number one on my list when come visit France.

S1m April 19, 2018 - 7:16 pm

There are always stationery aisles in supermarkets but it’s worth looking in smaller shops too – it all seems so much more colourful and the ranges are fab, you won’t be disappointed!

Mellissa Williams April 18, 2018 - 7:08 pm

Sounds like you’ve had an extremely busy Easter break – especially with two breaks away! That stationery is gorgeous!

S1m April 19, 2018 - 7:15 pm

It was a crazy few weeks but definitely worth it… and now the sun has finally decided to shine πŸ™‚

Kate April 19, 2018 - 5:46 pm

Now that’s the way to do it and I adore France! #PoLoCo

S1m April 19, 2018 - 7:07 pm

Definitely – such a gorgeous country πŸ™‚

Angela Bethea April 19, 2018 - 6:39 pm

One of my hobbies is collecting cute stationaries and notebooks. I love writing and receiving snail mails, cards and creating journals. Sounds like you have a really awesome time there.

Morgan Prince April 19, 2018 - 8:07 pm

What a shame the weather wasn’t great for your first trip. Never mind – at least you got a break. πŸ™‚
Thanks for linking to #pocolo

Ashleigh Dougherty April 24, 2018 - 7:52 pm

It’s always good getting away – if only the sunshine was with you!