Home Lifestyle It’s Far Too Hot To Write

It’s Far Too Hot To Write

far too hot

As I sit here at Jen’s kitchen table, attempting to find the motivation to write, I am struggling and so is she.

When have we ever experienced a summer like this? Normally you can guarantee daily rain in Manchester, however now I am scratching my head trying to think of when we last had rain!

Which is great in theory as it means spending time outside is more enjoyable, we don’t have to pay to achieve and awesome tan and everyone is happy! After suffering a really harsh Winter that seemed to last forever ( it was still snowing two months ago!), it’s about time we were able to bask in a heatwave!

A downside are that work seems like a enormous chore, especially when it comes to stringing legible syntax together! It’s almost like I am already in summer chill out mode and cannot get in gear… no amount of coffee is going to help, because… oddly enough, it’s far too hot to drink a hot drink according to The Manc!

Far too hot

This weather is amazing for Geocaching which is our new favourite hobby. Exploring the wilderness for hidden cache is always easier when it isn’t raining, cold and miserable! It really is such a fantastic family activity and is totally free, though in this weather an ice cream is always appreciated to keep you going! I am super glad I am not dog sitting this week, it would have been even more tiring!

There really does seem to be no respite from this heat though, with no rain on the forecast. Which is making the Saddleworth Moor fire even more dangerous. I do not envy the emergency services attempting to tackle that, I can only imagine how horrendous it is, the devastation the fire is causing is heartbreaking!

There are upsides and downsides to this weather, I am certainly not going to join the club that are moaning about it being far too hot, but it would be nice to get back in gear!

Are you feeling more lethargic in this heat? Are you actually complaining about the weather?

Jenny @thebrickcastle June 28, 2018 - 12:45 pm

I’m totally willing to complain. This is too hot for me – am I allowed, seeing as I don’t complain about cold? πŸ˜€

Jenny June 28, 2018 - 7:36 pm

I hope the fire comes under control soon. We too have just had a horror summer of bushfires here in Australia. I am so glad that winter is here – except we have unpredictable weather! But it could be worse…

S1m July 6, 2018 - 12:35 pm

Same here! It will take a while, there is no let up, we have not had rain for weeks πŸ™ You guys must be used to it over there, it’s horrible that anyone should be used to it πŸ™ Sim xx

Kim Carberry June 29, 2018 - 8:46 pm

I am hating this weather….The sunshine is nice but not the heat that goes with it.
It was a bit cooler today and I loved it. Warm enough to go out in a t-shirt but there was enough breeze to stay pretty cool.

S1m July 6, 2018 - 12:04 pm

I’m starting to tire of it slightly, would be nice to have some rain, during the night just to break up the heat and give gardens a drink πŸ™‚ x

Kate July 1, 2018 - 1:43 pm

I love this weather, but it’s too hot for my baby girl!
I used to love geocaching as a child, hopefully I can do that with my kids when they are older

Kate xx

S1m July 6, 2018 - 12:03 pm

Geocaching is fab, such a great family activity that gets you out and about πŸ™‚ xx

Stephanie 139a July 4, 2018 - 9:58 pm

I’m stopping short of complaining but I’m not coping well. I already run hot and the high temperatures mean I’m overheating, sadly. But it is great to see, although my garden could do with a drink! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo and let’s hope the lovely weather continues.

S1m July 6, 2018 - 11:49 am

My garden could do with a drink too πŸ™ I’m not complaining, but it would be nice to have some Manchester rain… maybe overnight so I don’t notice it πŸ˜‰ xx