Food Keto Recipe

How To Make: Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe

Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe title

The whole point of the Keto lifestyle is to retrain your thoughts towards food, treats included! There are many ways you can incorporate Keto treats/snacks into the lifestyle, especially if you are experiencing a lull and a glass of water will not fix it. This is where Keto Halloumi Fries make their appearance! Prepare to be shocked at the ease of my Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe below!

How To Make: Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe

I am a fan of pork scratchings and tend to stock up on pork rind from the butchers. Rub lots of Pink Himalayan Salt onto the rind and into the scores on top. Crank up your over to just over 200 degrees and pop your baking tray with salted pork rind in for roughly 40 minutes, or until crispy. Dips such as sour cream and guacamole make the perfect accompaniment for this tasty treat. Just be careful with your teeth!

Keto chocolate

Other Keto go-to treats that are always good to have to hand are: almonds (check carb content!), a small amount of strawberries with some double cream and dark chocolate (over 70%). I have become a fan of Choco Logic Belgian Dark Chocolate recently- with no added sugar and only 2.5g of carbs per 4 squares, it’s great to have in the fridge when needed.

However, I have only just come to realise the awesomeness of Halloumi! Never really having been on my radar before, it has now become a staple in my fridge, enabling me to make Halloumi Fries Keto style for a seriously tasty and lifestyle friendly snack.

If you have yet to make Halloumi Fries whilst following the Keto lifestyle, let’s have a look how easy it is to make them!

Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe

You only really need to ingredients to make basic Halloumi Fries – the Halloumi itself and a pan filled with oil. I use coconut oil as it always seems to be on hand. You can use olive oil or any other Keto friendly oil. Some people choose to deep-fry the Halloumi, however I have found that a decent helping of coconut oil in a frying pan is just as effective.

What do you need to make Keto Halloumi Fries:

A block of Hallloumi
Coconut Oil

Keto Halloumi Fries uncooked

How To Make Keto Halloumi Fries:

Firstly, cut the desired amount of Halloumi to wish to cook, for me it always seems to be enough for 4 fries. Then cut again, but this time into the shape of chips. The cheese is easy to cut and to work with.

Keto Halloumi Fries nutrition

I purchase my blocks of Halloumi from Aldi, though it is readily available! As you can see, there are nominal carbs, with less than 0.5g of carbs per 30g of cheese and also containing a decent amount of fat and protein, Halloumi is a cheese loving, Keto follower’s dream food!

keto halloumi fries

Ensure the oil in the pan is hot before placing your Halloumi sticks in. I use just enough oil to make it easy to cook the fries on a side at a time. The cooking time is around 5 minutes, making it a very quick snack to make. Keep flipping the fries over for a golden finish on each side.

keto halloumi fries

You will know by sight when they are ready! Move from a pan onto a paper towel to soak the excess oil and then simply serve and enjoy – with or without a Keto friendly dip! The Halloumi Fries will be somewhat harder in texture, giving the appearance of fries, but with more yumminess!

Simple and easy to make, this recipe is an absolute crowd pleaser and still very much in-keeping with the Keto lifestyle.

Check out my other Keto recipes and posts for further inspiration!

Sim’s Life Keto Recipes

Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Keto Halloumi Fries
Keto Guacamole
Keto Avocado Fries
Keto Pancakes
Keto Blueberry Cake

How To Make Keto Halloumi Fries

Related posts

What Did We Do During Half Term

S1m

What Meals Can You Make With The Heck Vegetarian Range?

S1m

Gluten And Grain Free Hot Cross Buns Recipe

S1m

Louisa January 18, 2019 at 2:36 pm

These look really tasty. I tried halloumi for the first time recently and was really surprised how much I enjoyed it #pocolo

Stephanie 139a January 24, 2019 at 10:57 pm

These sound great – but I think I’ll just have these out rather than make them at home! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Dean January 27, 2019 at 11:30 pm

I’m slightly embarrassed to admit this… I don’t think I’ve ever heard of halloumi before. However, it looks yummy. πŸ™‚
I’ve been implementing some Keto recipes in my life lately, but I’m not Keto, not yet at least. Thanks for sharing with us at #MMBH.

S1m January 28, 2019 at 9:45 am

I had been totally unaware of it until trying some a few months ago under duress. Now, I am the first to order them! It really is odd when eating them, so easy to forget it’s cheese! πŸ™‚ x

Yogesh February 6, 2019 at 2:41 pm

It’s looking soo delicious

S1m February 8, 2019 at 10:51 am

Thank you so much, they really are – I could quite happily eat them every day πŸ™‚

Geeky Daddy February 7, 2019 at 9:00 pm

This is actually the first I have heard of Halloumi, I’m just getting familiar with the Keto scene, but I am willing to try anything with the word “Fry” in it!

S1m February 8, 2019 at 10:51 am

They are absolutely amazing! I wasn’t aware of the cheese beforehand either, but now I have a stockpile! Who knew fried cheese was so awesome!

Rog Willis March 4, 2020 at 2:25 pm

This post is just in time for me and my wife! We’re getting ready to begin working at going keto, and will always be looking for recipes that are beneficial to that. I am saving this recipe!

Rebecca Smith March 4, 2020 at 9:54 pm

These would go down a treat in my house! We absolutely adore halloumi and its great that they are keto friendly too!

Samantha Donnelly March 5, 2020 at 11:52 am

We love Halloumi and this is something I would choose when out, but never thought to make them myself, I am going to have to try to make these as we are trying to eat a keto diet

Rhian Westbury March 5, 2020 at 1:49 pm

I love halloumi in all forms, especially as fries. This look so tasty and it’s great you can make them keto free x

Bella and Dawn at Dear Mummy Blog March 5, 2020 at 7:41 pm

We’d love to give a Keto lifestyle a go! It’s great that you can enjoy halloumi too! Love the look of these tasty snacks!

Jess Howliston March 5, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Oh my these look and sound absolutely delicious, and so easy to make too! I only discovered Halloumi recently but its fast become one of my favourites so I will definitely give these a try! Thanks for sharing x

Karen Langridge March 5, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Oh my gosh! I need these in my life! They are indeed a thing of beauty! Let me know when your next making them so I can pop round. Willing to give Keto a try you make it so appealing.

Afshan March 6, 2020 at 12:47 am

Those halloumi fries look yummy. I will have to try to make these for sure.

Janet Robertson-Peverley March 6, 2020 at 1:08 pm

Absolutely love Halloumi, and it is so tasty when make in to fries. So for a snack or an additional part of a meal. And so easy to make too.

Ashleigh dougherty March 6, 2020 at 10:51 pm

I LOVE halloumi and definitely don’t have it enough! Going to buy some on my next food shop and try these.

Lyanna Soria March 8, 2020 at 2:07 pm

Those are looking quite delicious! I don’t think I’ve tried Keto halloumi fries before but I’ll definitely check this one out.