Home Keto Recipe: How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

Recipe: How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

I made several goals for the New Year as opposed to resolutions and so far I am doing well by working towards them. Another goal I added to the list was to be more adventurous with Keto cooking and meals. Most keto meals are simple and easy to make and soon become favourites, it’s a good job I am a creature of habit when it comes to food!

As you will see from a recent post ‘How To Make Keto Halloumi Fries‘, it really is easy to make a treat/side dish especially taking into account the fat and protein content… with very little carbs! Halloumi Fries are definitely a go to of mine now!

However, in this post we are going to look at how to increase your fats quickly, by learning how to make Keto Avocado Fries. There is something quite special about avocado when made into fries… read on and find out why!

How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

Check out my latest recipe: How To Make Keto Halloumi Fries

Keto Avocado Fries Recipe

The cooking process is very similar to that of making Halloumi Fries and again only uses 2 ingredients, making the side dish easy to make. With the exception of preparing the avocado, cutting Halloumi length-ways is super easy and quick. For this recipe, you simply need a ripe avocado, a good scoop of coconut oil and a frying pan!

Start by opening the avocado, removing the centre pip and skin, before cutting into chip like segments. You should easily be able to comfortably chop 8 avocado chips from one avocado. Be warned, it does feel slippy and slimey!

How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

Whilst prepping your avocado, heat the coconut oil in the pan for it to be ready when you are. Making this recipe literally takes a few minutes to make. If you are making a more substantial meal, ensure to cook these with 5 minutes to go so the fries are still hot with you meal.

As with Halloumi, you will need to keep your eye on the fries and turn each piece onto another side when golden brown in colour. Soak slightly on paper towel to remove excess oil and there you go, it really is that simple!

How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

Avocado is a great source of fat, especially when following the Keto lifestyle – a typical sized avocado contains 1.5g of carbs, with a whopping 15.6g of fat! If you need an extra fat boost, this is definitely what you need to eat to keep inline with your macros!

You’ve got this far though and I expect you want to know why avocado fries are so special! Well, when cooked, the texture of the avocado becomes slightly harder on the outside, yet still squishy-ish on the inside. Not necessarily on the taste side, although still very pleasant… avocado fries are very similar to chip shop chips!

You read correctly! Avocado fries are just like chip shop chips, so if you are hankering after a tasty treat without any guilt. Or perhaps you fancy some fish and chips… fish is perfect, but with these Keto fries as an accompaniment!

Will you be making a batch? Have you already tried them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Check out my other Keto recipes and posts for further inspiration!

Sim’s Life Keto Recipes

Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Keto Halloumi Fries
Keto Guacamole
Keto Avocado Fries
Keto Pancakes
Keto Blueberry Cake

Recipe: How To Make Keto Avocado Fries

Please pin me!

Susan Mann January 24, 2019 - 4:31 pm

ooh I love avocado, these look and sound great. Will give it a go xx

Kate January 25, 2019 - 5:44 pm

Love avocados and never done these or heard of them for that matter. I do like celeriac fries ~#PocoLo

chickenruby January 29, 2019 - 1:12 pm

I love avocados and will certainly be giving this a go #pocolo

S1m February 8, 2019 - 10:54 am

They are the closest thing to chip shop chips whilst still being keto. Very easy to make too! 🙂

Daisy Craydon March 17, 2020 - 11:08 am

I don’t follow a keto diet but my mum does and I know she will absolutely love this! She is avocado crazy and I am just fries mad!

Sarah Bailey March 17, 2020 - 2:48 pm

Ohh now this sounds like a really interesting idea of something different to do with avocados! I have to admit I am up for some different ideas on how to make something fun to eat during this time.

Louise Joy March 17, 2020 - 4:16 pm

Oh my gooood how amazing do these sound?! I had no idea you could use avocados this way! They’re my favourite so this is the perfect healthy snack

Jenni March 17, 2020 - 8:06 pm

I would never have thought to make avocado fries but wow I bet these are amazing and what a great alternative. I will have to give them a go.

Rebecca Smith March 18, 2020 - 9:37 am

These sound like a great snack. I never really know what to do with avocado except put it on toast or make guacamole, haha!

Yeah Lifestyle March 18, 2020 - 10:20 am

This is the first time I have seen an avocado fry and what an enlightening thing this is. I am definitely gonna make this as I love every form of fries and this would be my fav as well.

Neha March 19, 2020 - 5:00 pm

Mmmm these sound delicious. What batter or bread crumb would you coat it with to give it a crispy finish?

Laura March 19, 2020 - 8:56 pm

I keep hearing about the Keto diet and have had no idea where to start, these avocado fries look delicious.

Jess Howliston March 20, 2020 - 9:32 pm

Oo these sound absolutely delicious! I have never ever thought about making an avocado into chips before but will definitely be giving them a try after seeing this! Thanks for sharing x