Home Lifestyle How Writing A Journal Can Lead To A Happier You

How Writing A Journal Can Lead To A Happier You

How writing a journal can lead to a happier you

Sometimes, all it takes is a blank page!

How Writing A Journal Can Lead To A Happier You

There is no denying that writing is cathartic, something I have learned over the years from managing several blogs. Most posts are a snapshot into our lives, an online diary so to speak, that we can look over and remember events that have happened over time. The blogs however are just that… a snapshot. There are so many things that I do not feature online, because some aspects of life need to be cherished for what they are!

How Writing A Journal Can Lead To A Happier You

Writing a diary is a great way to record your feelings, concerns, achievements and more, allowing you to look back over time to see how you have adapted and also help to improve your mental wellbeing. I still giggle when I read my diaries written during my teenage years and recall how carefree life was then.

As an adult, time is certainly of the essence as daily life, work, parenting and chores all take their toll, possibly leaving you with five minutes to enjoy some peace before bedtime.

Journal and Pen from Pen Heaven

I have no excuse not to start 2020 off in style and by how I mean to go on!

The lovely people from Pen Heaven sent me a very vibrant berry Leuchtturm1917 journal and a gorgeous teal coloured Cross ball point pen as part of their #LoveYourLife campaign.

There are so many health benefits associated with writing a journal, even just by writing a paragraph a day. Helping to reduce stress by writing your feelings down, you will find over time that your emotional functions will strengthen, your memory will be sharper, you will feel more energised and your handwriting may also be neater!

Writing can help boost your mood

My work diary is filled with short hand, scruffy writing, a mass of different colours and some doodles thrown in for good measure! However my lovely new Leuchtturm 1917 is going to be treated with the utmost respect!

Each lined page features a space to include the date at the top and though there maybe days when I do not have the time to make any notes or thoughts, it will be handy to reference throughout the year. Looking back on certain dates or specific events and then seeing how much you have accomplished since is a great mood booster. The bold coloured Cross ball point pen will be a handy companion to record my musings and look back over. You will be surprised at how easy it becomes to simply write over time and you may find yourself requiring a new journal before the year is over!Pen Heaven Mental Health Foundation

If you have been inspired by my How Writing a Journal Can Lead to a Happier You post, then let’s get you started!
Pen Heaven have an AMAZING selection of stationery and are helping to emphasise the importance of journaling for mental wellbeing, especially as we are about to embark on a new decade by donating 10% of sales from their Green Palmi Grained Leather Journal, £22 to dedicated mental health charity, Mental Health Foundation.

Whether you treat yourself to a Green Palmi or any other journal, ensure your purchase is the ultimate treat by selecting the gift wrap option!

Pen Heaven gift wrap

Acquiring new stationery is always exciting, but receiving your new purchase in the gorgeous gift wrap from Pen Heaven adds a little more sparkle!

Will you be writing a journal in 2020?

writing a journal in 2020

marcie December 3, 2019 - 3:46 pm

I used to always keep a journal, then it just got away from me. Writing is just therapeutic!

S1m December 3, 2019 - 5:06 pm

I could not agree more! Whether you write a diary, poetry… anything, it all helps! It’s just finding the time!x

Laurie December 6, 2019 - 5:04 pm

I haven’t kept a paper and pen journal in a while. It is beautiful and easier to doodle in. Can’t do that on a computer!

Sarupa Shah March 6, 2020 - 5:12 pm

I have so many journals dedicated to different things and always on the look out for stationery to love- and having it sent gift wrapped – well that would just be such a delight even though it would be from me to me!

Sarah Bailey March 6, 2020 - 7:49 pm

I can definitely see how journaling can help so many people. I sadly can’t hold a pen anymore so my blog is my journal in many ways and helps me express things.

Jenni March 7, 2020 - 10:24 am

I think writing a journal can be so therapeutic, it gets you away from screens which we all stare at far too much and it’s great for really thinking about what has been happening and what has made you happy recently

Rhian westbury March 7, 2020 - 12:33 pm

I used to write a diary loads when I was younger, and they’re so cringey to read back over. I don’t tend to journal much now as I find with blogging and social media I have enough to look back on in years to come x

Liam Wilkinson March 7, 2020 - 5:07 pm

Its not my type of thing, though i have a notebook that i use for blogging etc.. however my wife and eldest write notes etc alot, and im keen for my eldest to do a Journal

Karen Langridge March 7, 2020 - 7:36 pm

I would love to do this, but I struggle just to keep my blog to do list up to date! I love that blue pen, maybe the right pen would inspire me to journal!

Yeah Lifestyle March 7, 2020 - 10:46 pm

I totally agree with this, I have got little coloured pens, little stickers for my journal and spend an hour or so writing my gratitude list and business ideas, and this keeps me happy and organised

Melanie March 8, 2020 - 7:43 am

It is a very long time ago since I took pen to paper and did a journal. May have to do this x

Kara Guppy March 8, 2020 - 12:41 pm

I used to keep a diary as a child, now my blog is a way of keeping track

Zena's Suitcase March 12, 2020 - 11:48 am

I’ve been wanting to start a journal for a long time, and reading this has inspired me to get started. I can see it would be a huge benefit to my well being

Tanita March 12, 2020 - 12:33 pm

I couldn’t agree more with this post! I recently wrote how journal writing and creating is ket to happiness. I love a diary or journal. I just love writing! xx