All women own at least one handbag. One mystical, magical bag that holds everything that she holds dear to her heart. The handbag is sacred, and often, women have more than one of these to hold everything that they need. Today, we’re lifting the lid on everything a woman should have in her handbag – so that next time, you don’t forget something crucial!
Fifteen Things Every Woman Needs In Her Handbag
- Cash. The key to everything you need when you leave the house is a purse filled with cash. Money is the only solution you need for that necessary cup of coffee on the walk to work!
- ID Card. Those nights out that you love? Well, sometimes, a National Identity Card can go a long way to making sure that you don’t have to persuade the barman that you’re the right age. Instead of batting your lashes, remember your ID! It should live in your handbag at all times.
- Keys. Car, house, office, garage: keys are going to be a must. They’re the difference between getting where you want to be and a hefty locksmith bill.
- Headphones. Not just for music, headphones often come with speaking points so that you can plug them into your smartphone and have a hands-free conversation.
- Power Bank. We live in a beautifully digital age filled with technology. A power bank is a portable charger that is loaded up with extra juice for when you run out!
- Sunscreen. Well, most women have a moisturiser of sorts in their handbag, and if you need help choosing yours, make sure it’s got a great SPF!
- Lip Balm. Dry lips due to the cold or due to the musty air of public transport are a no-no. Carry lip balm and you won’t have this problem anymore!
- Makeup Bag. A woman’s weapon is often her makeup bag, with everything needed to enhance her eyes, her mouth and give her skin a glowing look. No woman needs makeup of course, but if you’re going to indulge, keep it in your bag for touch-ups throughout the day!
- Hairbrush. The windblown look is not the one, which is why many women carry a brush in their bag!
- Perfume. A lot of our memories are attached to scent, and there’s nothing that gives you more confidence than spritzing with your favourite perfume wherever you are. The need to top up on your perfume through the day is a big one, so pop a miniature bottle in your bag!
- Hand Sanitiser. Door handles. Elevator buttons. Handrails. Yeah, you need hand sanitiser.
- Painkillers. You can never predict when the mother of all headaches will pop up. Always be prepared – so say the Brownies!
- Mints. About to head into a big meeting after chowing down on an onion bagel for lunch? You need a refresher. Keep gum or mints in your bag at all times for such occasions.
- Face Wipes. If you’re working hard all day, sometimes you need a refresher on your face to stay awake and feel confident. Face wipes deserve a spot!
- A Pen. Lastly, the key to lists, food orders, jotting notes, numbers – you name it, you need a pen!