Happy Friday all!
Well, the first week back in work after the Christmas and New Year break has been fun, hey? Talk about hitting the ground running! Whilst we all needed that break over the festive season, I also need to get back to a routine as much as Liv did. Neither of us are particularly happy about the 7.23am wake up and school run each morning, but it’s nice to get back into the flow.
I’ve certainly had an easier week than the Royal Family though – is anyone else cracking out a deck chair, heating up some popcorn and relaxing back whilst it all unfolds? What a start to the new decade!
The beginning of 2020 was a little less bumpy for me and it was great to start the year by writing my 2019 highlights post, it made me realise how much I do love blogging and how fortunate Liv and I are! It may seem that I have not been featuring many posts recently but rest assured, I am working like a blue assed fly behind the scenes! You may not always notice the little changes with Sim’s Life, but I assure you they are always happening.
Many may think that blogging is simply staring at a blank screen and making words appear, but they could not be anymore wrong. The hours that go into image and video editing, SEO, website design, scrolling back through old posts etc is endless. I hadn’t realised I am bordering on 1500 posts featured on Sim’s Life… that’s a whole lot of combing through old work and sprucing it up a little. Given I also work on Manchester Mummy and Travel Guide Blog too, it’s amazing I get 30 minutes to watch Emmerdale each day!
What are my goals for 2020?
I am trying to be more organised this year with my blogging work by:
- responding to emails a little quicker than I used to.
- to say yes to more events – eagerly awaits emails and responds (check first point!)
- to actually learn to use SEO properly – something I should have done sooner!
- concentrating on socials – I had let these slide a little. (You can follow me at: Twitter / Facebook / Instagram)
- writing info down in one place – I have a terrible habit of writing on the backs of envelopes and then losing them!
- writing more personal posts – I always have far too much to say, I am sure you want to hear it too! 😉
- featuring more Keto posts and recipes – I have such an exciting idea, I just need to find an item to help me first.
- read more books – I read so much online content, that I cannot recall the last time I picked up a book.
- and much more that I cannot remember at the moment.
I am totally loving this New Year buzz… check in with me next month to see if I am still feeling as energised!
What are your plans for the New Year? Do you have any goals for the year?
Check out my Keto Recipes so far!