Food Lifestyle

Why Does A Birthday Afternoon Tea Make The Perfect Treat?

Why Does A Birthday Afternoon Tea Make The Perfect Treat

What better way to celebrate a your specials day than with a tasty Birthday Afternoon Tea?
A tradition that I started a couple of years ago now, each year I celebrate my birthday in style with some very yummy (and calorific) treats.

Birthday afternoon tea

Why Does A Birthday Afternoon Tea Make The Perfect Treat?

There are so many reasons why it is such a great way to celebrate:

• You do not have to make the all important decision – if you are as indecisive as I am when it comes to choosing just one cake, then an Afternoon Tea gives you the best of both worlds. Lots of cake and lots of choice to choose from! Be brave and try something you have never tried before!
  • It is easier to share – no moaning about someone having a slightly larger piece  than the next person, each individual cake is the same size as the next!
  • Afternoon Tea cakes are Insta-worthy – Afternoon Tea’s are amazing to look at and ponder over, what do you eat first? I am lucky to know such a talented and creative baker on hand, not only are the cakes mouthwatering, but they are gorgeous! To the point you don’t actually want to eat them… but it’s cake right? Of course you will eat it, which is why the images are handy to remind you of the treat!

Afternoon Tea Chocolate Cupcake

I didn’t think that the seriously talented Monica from Pasticci could outdo last year’s annual birthday Afternoon Tea, but she most certainly did! This year’s selection has included a Victoria Sponge, Lemon and Poppyseed slices, Chocolate Cupcakes, Scones and Meringues.

A total mixture, with lots to try and enjoy. Needless to say, it is easy to spot Liv’s favourite so far!

I am sure you will agree Monica is an amazing baker! You can check out all of her yummy creations on her Facebook and Instagram pages.  If you live in the Manchester area and have a special occasion that requires a cake, then definitely get in touch with Monica, you will not be disappointed! Her Italian cream cakes are magnificent if you are looking for the ultimate treat!

Do you have any birthday traditions?

Check out my Hints For Preparing For Spring!

Afternoon Tea Cake Stand

Related posts

The Most Awesome Keto Cauliflower Cheese Recipe

S1m

#ReclaimYourMattress During National Bed Month With Vorwerk

S1m

Must Have Top Summer Beauty Items

S1m

Jenny @thebrickcastle January 28, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Awww. It looks great – and sounds like you really have been enjoying it too. Happy birthday! 🙂 x

Yeah Lifestyle January 28, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Afternoon tea is always a fab idea for a birthday treat simply because it is so easy to share – I love heading for afternoon tea for family and friends birthdays.

Claire January 28, 2020 at 6:51 pm

I love afternoon tea! My Mum and I would always go for them on a special occasion. This looks like a wonderful spread, and in fact better than most that I have visited x x

Sarupa Shah January 28, 2020 at 6:53 pm

I love an afternoon tea and the great thing about it being on your birthday is that you also have the evening out out too…and on your birthday that has to be the way 🙂

Kim Carberry January 28, 2020 at 7:59 pm

Ohh! Yum! I do love an afternoon tea. These cakes look amazing! I hope you had a wonderful birthday x

Emmy January 29, 2020 at 1:26 am

While reading your post, I started googling “afternoon tea near me” and no luck!! I’m so sad because your photos had me drooling. So cute and look so good! It sounds like a wonderful time!

Jasmine M January 29, 2020 at 3:58 am

I never thought about having an afternoon tea for a birthday celebration. I may have to do that this year for sure. My b-day is in November so I’ll add in some cinnamon flavor teas.

Anosa January 29, 2020 at 5:50 am

I must admit, outside of travelling somewhere nice for my birthday I don’t really have traditions but having an afternoon tea is such a great idea for sure.

kumamonjeng January 29, 2020 at 9:36 am

I love having afternoon tea and sometimes at a fancy restaurant or hotel for their high tea. Totally agree that those little cupcakes are so insta worthy.

Samantha Donnelly January 29, 2020 at 11:30 am

I love afternoon tea, to me it is a much deserved treat and luxury where you can indulge yourself, we usually go out for one on our birthdays and anniversaary x

MELANIE EDJOURIAN January 29, 2020 at 11:49 am

I love afternoon teas and will find any excuse for one. It’s such a lovely treat and one my children are also learning to enjoy too. The lemon and poppyseed slices sound yummy!!!

Heather January 29, 2020 at 3:33 pm

I love the idea of an afternoon tea! I haven’t done something like that in years!

Sue-Tanya Mchorgh January 29, 2020 at 3:53 pm

I love drinking tea. I think this is a perfect idea to spend a birthday.

Rhian Westbury January 29, 2020 at 4:01 pm

I don’t really have a birthday tradition, but afternoon tea is always a winner and I love having both the sweet and savoury choices x

Maya January 29, 2020 at 4:02 pm

We love having tea parties! There are so many in our area and all offer such a unique and delicious experience!

Fatima Torres January 29, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I do evening teas myself. I think they make a difference in my mood. This would be a great birthday treat.

AShley January 29, 2020 at 7:28 pm

I need to drink more tea. I always forget about it. It is not a hugely popular drink here in the U.S.

Yaya January 29, 2020 at 10:18 pm

This sounds like such a decadent way to celebrate a decadent day! I may start adopting this!

Joanna January 30, 2020 at 9:24 am

I love afternoon teas, they are such nice treats. In fact, when one of my good friends got married, we arranged her bachelorette party to be an afternoon tea. And she loved it.

Rikki Ridgeway January 30, 2020 at 2:57 pm

No birthday traditions here! We just do whatever we feel like on the birthday.

Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too January 30, 2020 at 5:44 pm

I am so borrowing this idea for my own birthday, although I have a Twixmas birthday. So I’m going to be like the queen and have two, celebrating my half birthday in June – with afternoon tea, of course!

Leila January 30, 2020 at 11:42 pm

Aww it sounds like a perfect birthday treat. I may plan to do something similar. Thanks for sharing.

Kira January 31, 2020 at 9:12 am

We’ve actually been looking for afternoon teas around us that are hopefully local . It’s definitely something different and a real treat isn’t it

Jo (A Rose Tinted World) January 31, 2020 at 9:38 am

I love a good afternoon tea. Great for the indecicive amonst us. #pocolo

Sarah-Marie January 31, 2020 at 7:58 pm

I love Afternoon Tea. It’s always such a treat and like you say you get a little bit of everything! Perfect. #PoCoLo

Jenna Parrington February 4, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Okay, now I know what I want for my birthday! Or now! Such a great idea for a gift!

Steve February 12, 2020 at 12:03 pm

As a big lover of cake, I have no idea why I don’t do afternoon tea more often! This looks fantastic.