Food Health and Fitness

What Can You Eat On The SirtFood Diet?

What Can You Eat On The SirtFood Diet?

How are you all feeling at the moment? Lockdown is fun hey?
It has totally turned me into a carb eating monster who thinks cake is going out of fashion! I really need to stop! When following the Keto lifestyle, carbs are out of the question, so it has been nice to let my hair down recently and enjoy carb ridden treats without any feelings of guilt. Except now I do feel guilty and with the weather starting to improve, I need to make amends are start back on a healthier lifestyle again, starting with taking a look at the Sirtfood Diet.

Whilst I may have found that Keto works well for me, other’s have found other lifestyles that are better suited. Did you see the amazing pictures of Adele after working hard to achieve a 7 stone loss? She looks absolutely incredible! Not only does she look like a new woman, I expect she feels like one too!

This article detailed how Adele had stuck to a strict daily 1000 calorie intake, whilst following a plant based diet (Sirtfood diet) with added exercise. For us muggles a change in any diet lifestyle takes some research and it would be a lot easier if we had chefs preparing our food for us. However, researching a diet thoroughly before embarking on it allows you to fully understand what to expect, what you need to do and also how to maintain the results for the long term.

Top Dieting Tip: Drinking water not only helps your body glow on the inside and outside, but drinking water also helps skin’s elasticity!

A plant based diet such as the SirtFood Diet can seem quite restrictive on the outset, although I believe the Sirtfood diet that Adele follows does allow for red wine and … chocolate.

Eat strawberries on the Sirtfood Diet

What Can You Eat On The SirtFood Diet?

The top 20 foods you can eat whilst on the Sirtfood Diet are:

• Kale
  • Red wine
  • Coffee (I am going to assume black as no dairy products listed)
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Onions
  • Soy
  • Parsley
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Dark chocolate (85% cocoa/ dark chocolate)
  • Matcha green tea
  • Buckwheat
  • Turmeric
  • Walnuts
  • Rocket leaves
  • Bird’s eye chili
  • Lovage
  • Medjool dates
  • Red chicory
  • Capers

Now, I don’t know about you, but I would be seriously hungry following the Sirtfood diet… however it is easy to see how it can be restricted to only 1000 calories a day! The creators behind the diet claim that anyone following will notice rapid weight loss alongside retaining muscle mass (apparently). The lack of protein based foods would suggest it would be hard to retain muscle mass. There are books and recipes to follow and once the Sirtfood diet is ‘completed’, you are encouraged to incorporate some aspects into your normal diet. It sounds great for a very quick fix, but I imagine there are better plant based diets out there that are healthier to follow with long lasting positive effects.

foods you can eat on the Sirtfood diet

With any diet, there is a probability that your body will suffer some vitamin difficiency, with nutritional testing being the most comprehensive way to check exactly what you are lacking. A few signs of nutritional deficiency include: pale (sallow) skin, tiredness, fatigue, lack of energy, hair loss and ridged nails. If you start experiencing any of these, start incorporating other foods or vitamin tablets to help your body adjust.

Top dieting tip: Choose a diet that fits in with you and your lifestyle! Find your groove and you will stick to the diet!

Whilst noone can deny Adele looks phenomenal, would you go to the extremes of the Sirtfood diet? What foods would you miss the most?

Sim’s Life Keto Recipes

Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Keto Halloumi Fries
Keto Guacamole
Keto Avocado Fries
Keto Pancakes
Keto Blueberry Cake

What foods can you eat on the Sirtfood Diet?

Related posts

How To Make: Keto Halloumi Fries Recipe

S1m

Christmas Food Inspiration – Sim’s Life Christmas Guide

S1m

What Did We Do During Half Term

S1m

Karen Langridge May 10, 2020 at 11:15 pm

I totally need to sort out some kind of diet, that isn’t the see food and eat it diet! In lockdown I have had all the wrong food, so could do with getting myself tested, see what I am missing and ease off the sugar!

S1m May 10, 2020 at 11:19 pm

LOL!! The See Food and Eat It Diet… love it! I think we have all been following that and for good reason! Finding the right diet is paramount to you sticking to it… the SirtFood Diet just doesn’t have enough to keep my attention, I would get seriously bored of it… plus, no bacon! :/ x

Samantha Donnelly May 11, 2020 at 3:51 pm

I do love a diet with chocolate, unfortunately the sirtfood diet would not be an option for me as I an not eat half of it. I did do a keto diet a few years ago and found I loved it and was so easy to stick to. This is also something I do need to look at doing again.

S1m May 11, 2020 at 9:09 pm

There just doesn’t seem to be much on that list to fill me up. Good on Adele for the fact it worked for her, but I will definitely stick to Keto! Happy to be your Keto buddy anytime!

Yeah Lifestyle May 11, 2020 at 9:06 pm

The Keto food list does sound tempting but i will miss my carb. I think it will take me some good few weeks to full adjust to the Keto lifestyle which is so healthy and good for the body

S1m May 11, 2020 at 9:08 pm

That’s the Sirtfood diet list, trust me… the Keto list of allowed foods is much kinder! 😉

rebecca jones May 11, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Ive never heard of the Sirtfood diet – im lacto-intolerant so it would suit me i think.

Rebecca Smith May 11, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I had never heard of the Sirtfood diet before but it sounds interesting and this is a really helpful guide as to what I can eat!

Liam | Whatthedadsaid May 12, 2020 at 9:15 am

I hadnt heard of this Diet before, and as you said you have. find the right one for you, this one has lots of benefits and like most Water is a great tool to compliment any of them.

Rhian westbury May 12, 2020 at 10:17 am

I’m not a huge fan of crash diets like this as I can’t see your body getting all of the nutrients it needs from eating just the foods on that list. But if someone can get it to work for them then great x

Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too May 12, 2020 at 11:24 am

It does seem like a very restrictive diet and one that you can possibly only follow if you have someone helping you. I know that I would be tempted to stray from the list

Natasha Mairs May 12, 2020 at 11:39 am

I think Adele looks amazing! But unsure if I could stick to this diet. I love my carbs too much

michelle twin mum May 12, 2020 at 10:04 pm

I have to say I’d be really bored on the Sirtfood diet. I’d much rather have a go at Keto and I know many who’ve had good results with that. Mich x

Melanie williams May 13, 2020 at 11:30 am

This ias not too bad and I love that fact that they have kept the quality chocolate in their too x

Kristina May 13, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I have kept my same style of ‘diet’ for a long time now and I’m pretty happy with it – need to just remember to eat more fruit! 😀

Kara Guppy May 14, 2020 at 1:01 pm

I have never heard of the Sirtfood Diet before but have to say that Adele looks incredible. I shall have to do some research

Jenni May 14, 2020 at 10:24 pm

I’ve never heard of this diet, I don’t think I could manage on it it though

chickenruby May 19, 2020 at 8:40 pm

That looks quite a restrictive diet and I’d find it boring. I like to eat a balanced diet and allow myself a little of something that makes me feel good. I don’t have weight issues and feel these strict diets only work if they are adhered to, to the letter, coupled with a lot of exercise. Thanks for joining in with #pocolo and hope to see you back later this week