Lifestyle

Project 366 – Week 21

Project 366 Week 21

How are we 21 weeks through 2020 already? It feels like we have been under house arrest for half that time already… oh… that’s because we pretty much have been! Days are still passing by in a blur, normally I would be grateful of a Bank Holiday Monday, but will we actually realise it is an official ‘day off’?

This week though has been lovely, stressful, tiring, fun and everything else rolled into one, but what have we been up to?

Project 366 Week 21

Monday

We start mornings off working hard so that we can relax and do fun activities in the afternoon, however I do find I get more work done during the evenings when I have peace and quiet! I never realised how many jigsaws we have, so decided to start with an easy-ish jigsaw during afternoon downtime.

dangermouse jigsaw

Tuesday

More work in the mornings for the pair of us with a lovely walk in the afternoon for some fresh air. I cracked on with making another face mask in the evening whilst watching tv, I’ve found needlework becomes more enjoyable the more you do it! Chats with friends, including the lovely Karen from Missing Sleep are helping to relieve the lockdown gloom, especially as she rambles as much as I do! 🙂 x

Wednesday

Oh. My. Days! The weather was beyond glorious today! I decided to mow the lawns so that we could enjoy some garden (and tanning) time in the afternoon. After a few days of gloomy weather, I wanted us to make the most of the gorgeous weather and top up our Vitamin D tanks… that we most certainly did! Lenny Kravitz was the music choice du jour as I mowed the lawns singing along! With my earphones in, I cannot hear anything, which meant I seranaded a postman who was stood behind me without realising! Whoops!

Thursday

I’ve been back on the Keto train this week, it’s always easier during the warmer weather as meals tend to be lighter. Today we both enjoyed steak and salad for dinner and I made homemade egg mayo… so glad this is Keto friendly! We were a few seconds late for the clap this evening, when I checked the clock it was 7.45pm, the next minute we heard commotion outside, quickly realising it was 8pm we rushed out to join in.

Keto dinner

Friday

Emmerdale is a guilty pleasure of ours and a nice way to round off the week, we all need a Cain Dingle fix! It was blowing a gale outside with trees bending backwards! A definite turnaround from the weather on Wednesday, so we decided to work on a new jigsaw, this time a 500 piece puzzle. I featured a round up of the amazing boxed treats we have been putting to the test lately, check out our favourite subscription boxes for lockdown treats.
Selling Sunset series 2 landed on Netflix today, it is cringeworthy, super catty but totally binge watch worthy. Make sure you have popcorn at the ready – Season 3 will be released in August!

Saturday

So the jigsaw is still going… 😉
We will get there in the end and then move onto another! Today was a total sloth day, apart from a quick trip to the local village butchers to stock up. It was the first time I have properly walked into a shop for weeks and it felt totally alien. It was great to see familiar faces again, but it did make me realise how different life is now and how it will continue to be for some time.

How has your week been? Have you done anything exciting* this week?
* as exciting as it gets during lockdown

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Related posts

Win A Set Of Beautifully Handcrafted Thai Coconut Bowls And Spoons

S1m

Gift Inspiration: Useful Presents for Grandmas This Mother’s Day

S1m

Can You Learn How To Ski Within 6 Hours At The Chill Factore?

S1m

Erica Hughes May 24, 2020 at 10:47 am

The weather has been glorious hasn’t it? I do like getting outside for my vitamin D (and doing a bit of lazing around). You’ll have to show us some of the pics of the masks when they are done.

Karen Langridge May 24, 2020 at 11:35 am

haha I do tend to ramble don’t I! Peas in a pod us two 🙂 love a bit of danger mouse, what a fun first jigsaw to get back into them. You are hilarious, I wonder what the postman made of that. Can’t believe your tempting me with that steak photo again, I can’t wait to visit and be fed! x

Sarah MumofThree World May 24, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Nothing exciting here! Just same old-same old. It is crazy to think we are approaching half of the year to date in lockdown – it feels like we’ve gone from winter to summer, even though technically it’s early spring to late spring! Working in the morning and relaxing more in the afternoon sounds very sensible – that’s what my daughter and I do. My husband works all day, and my boys don’t need to work at all – one should be doing GCSEs and the other is furloughed.

Cheryl Pasquier May 24, 2020 at 12:27 pm

We’ve had a great week of weather too. I did have a little snigger at the idea of you serenading the postman ! Hmmm the steak looks amazing, I could gobble that up right now ! 😉

Kim Carberry May 24, 2020 at 3:10 pm

It doesn’t feel like it’s a bank holiday weekend. Every day seems the same at the moment.
We do the same. Work in the morning and play in the afternoon. That looks a fab jigsaw. I used to love Danger Mouse when I was a kid.
That food looks delicious!
hehehe! I love Emmerdale too. I record it and always watch a few episodes in one go.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) May 24, 2020 at 4:48 pm

It’s weird to think we’ve been in lockdown for half the year so far. Love the Dangermouse jigsaw. The story of you accidentally serenading the postman made me smile. I had a similar moment while singing out in the garden a couple of weeks ago. That steak and salad looks very yummy. #project366

Elaine Livingstone May 25, 2020 at 10:32 am

Jigsaws are a good family activity to dip in and out of.
One of the things I hate about the Summer is my allergy to salads, love a good salad.
We were coming back into the village at 8 on Thursday as people were clapping so hubby opened the car window, stuck his hands out and joined in

Galina V May 25, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Jigsaws are a fab way to relax. I used to review a lot of Ravensburger jigsaws, but then my contact left the PR, and that was the end of it. Sigh. I miss the thrill of solving a big 1000-piece jigsaw. The steak looks delicious.
We nearly missed the clap last week too, but also spotted that there were much less people. I’m not sure I’m going to persevere.

chickenruby May 28, 2020 at 5:53 am

Lockdown has become exciting, i filled the garden waste bing yesterday within a few hours of it being emptied and it’s off to the shops today for top up milk and emergency chocolate lol. Our street is all out for the clap each week, we joke its our weekly roll call. I’ve no idea what day of the week it is at the best of times so a B/H makes no difference to me anyway. I need more jigsaws in my life

Susan Mann May 28, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Oh that meal looks awesome. I love jigsaws. The story of you accidentally serenading the postman made me smile. xx

Fozia S May 28, 2020 at 10:40 pm

I did a few jigsaws at the start of lockdown…then run out! Might get some more.

I keep debating whether to try a keto diet.

Oh yes I am an Emmerdale fan too!

Had to laugh at serenading the postman!

Andale Seaworne May 29, 2020 at 9:53 am

Cute jigsaw. Hahahaha poor postman. Good luck on your keto diet! I’m on a low-carb intermittent fasting diet. Good luck on the jigsaws.

Mudpie Fridays May 30, 2020 at 9:49 am

I keep considering keto as I have heard so many good things about it but I have not quite convinced the husband! We also try to do most of our work in the mornings but it doesn’t seem to work out like that. The boys are being babysat by tech at the moment. I brought one jigsaw when lockdown started and because of our garden project I haven’t gone near it… I really should as the plan was to frame it since its a mini one of a place we were meant to be visiting in the Summer. x

Kara Guppy May 30, 2020 at 3:42 pm

I am amazed by your patience with the jigsaw, i would have given up by now. We had a couple of windy days here but its back to normal now