Home Lifestyle Project 366 Week 26 – The Halfway Point

Project 366 Week 26 – The Halfway Point

Can you believe we have reached the halfway point of 2020?! We are closer to Christmas than we are the start of the year! Absolute utter madness!
It has been one of those weeks and there aren’t as many images as I would like in my latest Project 366 post, but read on to find out what we have been up to!

Project 366 Week 26 – The Halfway Point

Bright pink flower

Sunday

A day of rest and getting ready for school the next day. It really did feel like a ‘normal’ Sunday, it seemed odd. Couldn’t help but take a picture of this gorgeous pink flower whilst out on a walk!

Monday

The Halfway Point Leaver Year 6

Another early morning wake up call for the school run and Liv finally received her leaver’s hoody today. A rite of passage for any Year 6 student as primary school life ends. I nipped to Aldi and Home Bargains for our weekly shop again after the school drop off and it was as easy as it was last week

Tuesday

The novelty of being back at school has worn off ever so slightly. Liv thought work would be easier at school than the homeschooling, she assumed they would just be doing ‘fun’ activities, turns out there is a lot of writing work involved

Painted rocks from the Totty Snake

Wednesday

A more relaxed day with a lovely afternoon walk with friends. Once again we trundles up The Lines and it was absolutely blistering, the weather has certainly changed somewhat from last week and it’s about time!

Painted rocks during lockdown

Totty Snake Update: There are now just over 3,500 painted stones! As usual, I captured images of my favourites from the new additions! I also mowed the lawns again today, so by evening time was knackered. It was really hard to get comfortable with the mugginess and sleep evaded me for a time.

Thursday

It was SCORCHIO today, I would love to say I took 5 minutes to enjoy it by sitting outside and catching some rays. Unfortunately that was not the case as there was no chance for a breather today. Work, school work, emails, constantly being mithered… by the time I knew it, it was bedtime and the day had flown by in a blur… albeit a very muggy blur!

The good news from the day though: Chelsea beat Manchester City… at Stamford Bridge. Cause for a celebration for Chelsea fans… and Liverpool fans as our victory meant Liverpool secured this season’s Premier League title.

Friday

I took a little trip into the village today to pick up a BBQ pack from our local butcher. The BBQ pack is seriously good value for money and the quality of the meat is outstanding, it last Liv and I days! With a selection of sausages, burgers, steaks, lamb and chicken kebabs. Nom nom nom! It’s a Keto follower’s dream!
It seemed to be a long slog today, but I did manage to feature a post Fun Home Based Lockdown Activities – I will take that for the win!

I realised we have reached the halfway point of the year… is it really time to start considering Christmas yet?!

Saturday

Today has been a day of clearing out and tidying up, a belated Spring Clean if you will. It has been a lovely chilled Saturday and we are going to enjoy an indoor BBQ for dinner. A film later and more crochet time! The blanket is coming on beautifully, I’m about half way through currently, so hopefully there will be pictures of the finished article very soon!

How has your week been? How do you feel about being at the halfway point through 2020?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Current Sim’s Life Giveaways
Win a BLOpens Rainbow set – ends Sunday 28th June
Win a Teen Calm Box worth £25 – ends 5th July
Win a Shake Off Game worth £19.99 – ends Sunday 12th July
Win an Educational Books Bundle from Wellbeck worth £48 – ends Sunday 19th July

Project 366 Week 26 The Halfway Point

Kim Carberry June 27, 2020 - 8:58 pm

That pink flower is beautiful!
Ahh! The end of an era for Liv coming to the end of primary school.
Those stones are fantastic!
I have been looking at the BBQ packs from our local butchers and I’m really tempted by them.
Have a great weekend x

S1m June 28, 2020 - 9:51 pm

The BBQ is super handy and packed full of meat, works out much cheaper too… although I wouldn’t mind extra sausages in there!
Isn’t it just! I am guessing it is some sort of rose, it’s on a huge bush, but that day it all looked particularly spectacular!
Hope you have had a fab weekend!x

Emma T June 28, 2020 - 9:11 pm

I buy separately from our butchers as we’re a bit fussy about what we want, and the packs are never quite right. They’re always the best value to choose though. I haven’t crocheted for a couple of years now, since I got back into jigsaws.

S1m June 28, 2020 - 9:49 pm

I am totally with you! I have had swap arounds before, I much prefer their lamb and feta burgers, but it was just convenience. I also picked up some more minute steak and some salt and pepper chicken kebabs. Wish I could buy the whole counter every time I go in! 😉
We’ve been mixing it up with jigsaws and crochet, total rebels on this side! 😉

Claire June 29, 2020 - 1:27 pm

Wasn’t it a hot one last week, almost too hot but now I’m sitting in a big thick jumper! Crazy weather changes.

The year 6 children in my school thought it would be easy but they’ve been moaning about all the work they’ve been doing!

I hope your daughter enjoys the last few weeks x

MELANIE EDJOURIAN June 29, 2020 - 7:39 pm

My eldest has her leaver hoody too. They got it to wear the week before lockdown on their residential trip. I’m relieved my eldest is still happy about being back at school.

Yeah Lifestyle June 29, 2020 - 7:41 pm

I really can’t believe that we are at the halfway mark already! Where did the time go? The BBQ Pack you got from your butchers sounds fantastic, I wish ours did the same, as it would be nice to get a variety of meat selection in the pack.

chickenruby June 30, 2020 - 6:47 am

There’s no Christmas this year for us, we’ve got too much catching up to do with birthdays first. The weather is mad, but I’m not complaining. Lovely Liv got her school leavers hoodie, is this a new trend? I think the 21 year old had one but I don’t recall the other kids having anything other than their shirts signed on the last day of term. Sorry had to laugh at Liv’s reality v’s her expectations of work and play in school. Love those rocks, so much detail and talent, wish I knew how to stop the colours fading, I even varnished mine but it hasn’t helped.

Jenni June 30, 2020 - 9:57 am

We have had a nice relaxing week here, and I have managed to do so much reading it has been wonderful! I am hoping that trend continues over the summer.

Liam | Whatthedadsaid June 30, 2020 - 10:38 am

Sounds like a good week, the stones look great, I’m a Liverpool fan so you can guess how i feel about it, this week was a bit hot for me lol

Kacie Morgan June 30, 2020 - 1:42 pm

It’s all about appreciating the small things at the moment, I find – whether its painted rocks or beautiful flowers, if it can brighten up our day, that has to be a good thing!

Melanie williams June 30, 2020 - 1:44 pm

Loving the leavers hoodie for sure, that is such a cool way to mark such an important occasion x

Rhian westbury June 30, 2020 - 2:56 pm

I can’t believe we’re halfway through the year either, it’s kind of crazy. A BBQ pack sounds amazing, and you can’t beat one during the nice weather x

Kara Guppy June 30, 2020 - 5:45 pm

As a Chelsea fan, we were over the moon that we won and an added bonus for you Liverpool fans. Glad that Liv got her leavers hoody, hope they manage some kind of end of year celebration for them

Jo | My Anxious Life July 1, 2020 - 8:35 am

I can’t believe we’re halfway through the year! It’s nice to read what you’ve been up to. My eldest is 5 but we haven’t sent him back to school so we’re still juggling the homeschooling attempts here!

Anosa July 1, 2020 - 10:46 am

We had our first BBQ of the year during the boiling few days we had, I had my 2 best friends round in the garden with their boys to play with my son who had a water fight. It was so lovely to be allowed in the garden together again, feels like it has been forever! That butchers pack sounds so good!

Karen Langridge July 2, 2020 - 12:10 am

That BBQ pack sounds amazing! I wish we had a local butchers, we have to make do with the supermarket and its not the same! Some more fab stones there, I think you need to go every week just to update us with the new ones you see added. I love the detail on them, some people really go the extra mile!

Kristina July 2, 2020 - 1:58 pm

I can’t believe that we’re halfway into 2020 – it’s madness! I’ve had my first beach bbq a couple weeks ago and it was lush!

Erica Hughes July 3, 2020 - 11:26 am

The leavers’ hoody is indeed a rite of passage – must be strange for Liv to be back at school like this. I do like the sound of the BBQ pack – I wish our butcher would do something similar (they do all the bits of course, but buying them together would be easier.

Fozia S July 3, 2020 - 2:23 pm

Even in ‘lockdown’ the days seem to be whizzing by…..can’t believe we are the half way point already.

The leavers hoody is such a good idea…not seen that with either of the girls schools so far.

Love those painted rocks.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 3, 2020 - 7:58 pm

It’s crazy to think we’re halfway through the year now. That pink flower is stunning. Glad Liv got her leaver’s hoody. I love seeing all the different stones in your photos – amazing that there are now over 3500 of them. #project366

Jennifer Gladwin July 3, 2020 - 10:11 pm

This year has both flown and dragged in equal measures! It’s crazy to think we’re now closer to this Christmas than last. My eldest will be receiving his leaver hoodie next week!

Galina V July 4, 2020 - 8:30 pm

The mention of Christmas made me slightly shiver, I don’t want to think about it yet. The BBQ pack sounds like a great bargain. I don’t think I’ve heard of the leavers’ hoodie. Sorry to hear Liv is not very enthusiastic about the school work.
The painted rocks are so varied in style and artistic skills.

Andale Seaworne July 5, 2020 - 6:50 am

The flower is definitely gorgeous. I’m loving the hoodie and the rocks look amazing! Yeah, considering we’re stuck in lockdown, days go by in a flash. OMG Protein Party! I want!

Cheryl Pasquier July 5, 2020 - 9:39 am

Hehe I had to giggle at Liv’s letdown at going back to school ! Never mind, not long to the holidays now (we’re already off – woohoo ! lol). Love the sound of your BBQ packs of eat – I have several local butchers and I should definitely take the time to go and see what they have on offer. I’m sure the meat is better quality than at the supermarket. I still love your painted stones – so many different ones now. Have you added any? I’m going to ignore your mention of Christmas for now – I have two of the kids’ birthdays to get through first ! lol

Antionette Blake July 5, 2020 - 3:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your post at this week’s #TrafficJamWeekend Linky Party.

Have a wonderful weekend!