Home Lifestyle Project 366 Week 30 – Recharge Of Batteries

Project 366 Week 30 – Recharge Of Batteries

Project 366 Week 30 Recharge Of Batteries

Did you miss us last week? I took some time away from the screen whilst we enjoyed a few days away in sunny Wales. That’s right, ‘sunny’ Wales! It was just what we needed, a celebration for Liv finishing Primary School and a much needed recharge of batteries after weeks being couped up during lockdown.  As part of the Project 366 weekly roundup, check out what we got up to during our trip away!

Rainy day in Llandudno

Saturday

We travelled down to Llandudno, a favourite destination of ours, however it seemed everyone else had the same decision to head to Wales too. Traffic was a little busier than expected and when we arrived it was raining… not the start to our break that I had hoped for. However we still went for a mooch around, for a good trek down the pier and a good look around. It was so different since the last time we visited Llandudno due to the lockdown constraints. Whilst a lot of restaurants are open, you cannot actually eat inside a restaurant until Monday 3rd August. So, if you are planning a trip to Wales, bear that in mind!

Sunny day in Llandudno

Sunday

What a change in 24 hours! An absolutely glorious day and just what we needed! A blast of the sun brightens everyone up and there were smiles aplenty as we spent a good portion of our day by the beach!

Picture made from stones

The hotel we stayed in was beautifully decorated in a nautical theme, however it was the cute artwork dotted around in the dining room that caught my eye. There were a couple of pictures from painted stones that really inspired me. If you have been keeping up to date with my Project 366 posts, you will have noticed our love our painted rocks, but this particular picture really inspired me.

The Looking Glass Llandudno

Whilst in Wales we bumped into the super lovely Karen from Missing Sleep, her husband who blogs over at Hubby Helps and their fabulous sons! We spent some time together putting the world to rights, enjoying the glorious weather and eating total naughty treats… but we were on holiday! After all the time we have spent chatting through lockdown, it was fabulous to put a face to the voice and enjoy some quality time with Karen. She is super lovely – I’m ever so thankful that blogging has brought us together! A trip to Llandudno isn’t complete without a waffle from The Looking Glass. If you are after a tasty ice cream treat or loaded waffle, this is the place to try!

Monday

On Monday we travelled a little further round the coast to a part of Wales we have never visited before. The weather was seriously good to us whilst away, it appeared to be raining back at home! Days were spent by the beach, eating treats and exploring!

Beaches in Wales

Tuesday

Another glorious beach day! Beach resorts are definitely starting to fill up with people looking to escape whilst the going is better than it was. I’m still surprised by how few people are wearing masks, especially considering there are more and more people milling around. Getting away for a break is lovely, but what I appreciate most are the hot chocolate sachets stacked in your room, any excuse for a lovely mug of chocolatey yumminess!

Beaches in Wales

Wednesday

We made our trip home which was awful! Due to a lorry on fire on the M6, our home journey took an extra two hours. Despite arriving home later than expected, I still managed two loads of washing… it needed to be done to catch up with holiday clothes! The downside of getting away I guess!

Thursday

A day of catching up with work, an Aldi and Home Bargains trip to stock up the fridge and even more washing! It was great to see more people wearing masks, especially with the ‘official’ request to wear them as of Friday. I read a report that we maybe required to wear them when shopping for at least another year, it’s quite a scary thought and a sign that life as we knew it back at the start of January won’t be on the agenda any time soon!

Top Summer Beauty Items

Friday

After a quiet week on the blog, it was refreshing to feature our must have top summer beauty items a roundup of beauty and skincare products to make your skin glow!

Homemade pies

We had a lovely trip to our favourite farm shop and picked up some of their mouthwatering homemade treats and nipped to see some friends for a catch up.

Saturday

A day of catching up with cleaning, tidying, washing and crocheting considering I didn’t take my blanket away with us. The weather has been shocking since we returned home from our break away, I never expected to be wearing jumpers during the summer holidays!

Have you enjoyed the start of the Summer Holidays? Do you have any trips planned?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Current Sim’s Life Giveaways
Win a £20 Morse Toad voucher – ends Sunday 2nd August
Win A So Sand DIY Satisfying Sand Tool Case – ends Sunday 9th August

Project 366 Week 30 Pinterest

Kim Carberry July 26, 2020 - 8:09 pm

How lovely to have a break away. It sounds like you needed it and wonderful to meet up with Karen from Missing Sleep. The beaches look gorgeous and what lovely weather you had. x

Cheryl Pasquier July 26, 2020 - 9:13 pm

Ahhh we had a very similar week to you except we went to Belgium instead of Wales. We live on the border so it isn’t far to go. We had very similar weather by the sounds of it – a bit drizzly for the first day or two then sunshine, coming home to grey skies again. Where’s the sun gone ?! Definitely a great way to spend some quality time with the kids and recharge batteries. Aaahhhh ! 🙂

Mellissa Williams July 27, 2020 - 11:04 am

My mum loves Llandudno but I have never been even though I live in South Wales. The beach there looks fab. I love Tenby myself

Nicolette Lafonseca July 27, 2020 - 12:59 pm

It sounds like you had a good break, the beaches looked quiet too which must be nice. I have not been to Llandudno since I was 11 when a seagull landed on my head and stole my doughnut, those hot beachside doughnuts are the best too

Fozia S July 27, 2020 - 1:00 pm

We had South Wales booked for the 23rd July but ended up cancelling it due to the restrictions…want to go and enjoy it properly. Might book something for the end of August.

We went Llandudno a few years back and loved it.

claire July 27, 2020 - 2:22 pm

It looks like you had a lovely time. I love Wales, it has so much to offer. Those waffles in particular look worth a visit.

It is so strange to think how much life has changed in such a short space of time. Although I am more than happy to wear my mask, I am also pleased to see that lots of people are now wearing them, I was worried the Covidiots would show themselves up!

Yeah Lifestyle July 27, 2020 - 3:07 pm

Looks like you have had an amazing week at Llandudno, we were contemplating heading there for the weekend but heard it was super busy with tourist so decided to avoid it. Glad you all enjoyed it

MELANIE EDJOURIAN July 27, 2020 - 5:49 pm

It sounds like you had a great little break. Waffles at The Looking Glass sounds like it was a good idea. Not had a loaded waffle in ages.

Rebecca Smith July 27, 2020 - 8:58 pm

We also took a trip and it was exactly what I needed. After months of being cooped up inside, just being able to walk on the beach and have some different scenery was amazing!

Sean Langridge July 27, 2020 - 9:41 pm

Was great to meet up! Will have to do it again soon! We managed to cram in the treats this week too! I have to say I am rather jealous of your farm shop trip!

Emma Tustian July 28, 2020 - 12:17 am

It looked lovely in Wales, glad it was a good visit. I’d planned this year to potentially take N for a few days, but prices will have rocketed for the time we could now go away given everyone’s now UK holidaying. That waffle cone looks delicious

Rhian westbury July 28, 2020 - 9:06 am

It sounds like your week off was much needed, we all need time to recharge! And it’s so nice that you had some good weather and beach trips. We’re in the process of finishing up the kitchen in our new house so we can move in so that’s all I have on my mind at the moment x

Denisa Patrut July 28, 2020 - 11:45 am

It’s amazing! We’ve been to Llandudno recently, and it was terrific. We might even walk past each other! We tried to take the tram but it was closed for the time being.
We loved Wales from first sight.

Valerie July 28, 2020 - 12:17 pm

It sounds like you had a good week. I have no ravel planned for anytime in the future. We are still wearing masks here too, they haven’t said for another year but I feel that’s the least it will be.

Niraj Shah July 28, 2020 - 12:22 pm

Looks like you had a great week! We all need time to rest and recover, so it sounds like the week off was needed 🙂

Kara Guppy July 28, 2020 - 5:07 pm

We are hoping to go to Llandudno in a couple of weeks. We stayed in Angelsey last year and fell in love with the beautiful country

Jenny July 28, 2020 - 9:22 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely few days away in Wales. I would love to visit a beach with my kids soon.

Sarah MumofThree World July 29, 2020 - 2:22 pm

It looks like you had a lovely few days in Wales. I’m sure it was much-needed! I don’t like the sound of a whole year of masks, but I suppose if that’s what’s got to be done, we will all have to just suck it up.

Michelle Twin Mum July 30, 2020 - 11:15 am

It sounds like a great week. We’ve never explored Wales but I’d definitely like too. Hope you’re feeling totally refreshed. Mich X

Kristina July 30, 2020 - 2:46 pm

Sounds like you had a nice week!
I’m young with no kids so for me summer is just summer – been enjoying seeing friends again and going for cocktails in local places after months!! 🙂

Galina V July 31, 2020 - 11:21 pm

What a difference between the first two images! The sky in the 2nd photo is such brilliant blue. Your trip to Wales sounds lovely. That’s the part of the UK I haven’t visited. Hope one day I’ll be able to see its beauty. We tend to go to the same place in Cornwall in summer. Lovely that you were able to meet with Karen and her family.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) August 1, 2020 - 2:46 pm

Looks like you had a lovely break in Wales and glad the weather improved after the first day! The beaches look so inviting. I love that painted rock picture. How lovely that you got to meet up with Karen too. Sorry to hear that your trip home was so awful though. #project366

Kara Guppy August 1, 2020 - 6:19 pm

I love that stone artwork, it’s gorgeous. Looks like beaches in Wales are quieter than ours here in Dorset

Karen Langridge August 1, 2020 - 10:04 pm

Awww reading this I wish I could travel back in time just to see you again in person! Can’t wait until our next catch up! I am excited to see what you make after being inspired by that stone artwork. So sorry you had a difficult journey home. Top of my list when we visit you is heading to that farm shop! x

Andale Seaworne August 6, 2020 - 11:34 am

The trip to Wales sounds like fun! The painted rock does look great. So cool to meet a fellow blogger! The loaded waffle is so tempting!! The treats look delicious

Clare Minall August 7, 2020 - 6:13 pm

How lovely to a getaway that is not an area of Wales I know but it looks lovely. Tell me about the washing I think I’ve been trying to catch up all week after our break! Weve some plans but as everything seems to get betting stressful again I am not sure if they will come off or not…

Erica Hughes August 8, 2020 - 11:30 am

Very envious of your trip to Wales – recognise some of the places in those pictures and I’d love to go. Maybe a weekend trip once the school holiday is over! I miss the sea. I hate all that washing after a holiday – always takes the shine off a little I find.

chickenruby August 9, 2020 - 8:20 am

Sounds like a lovely holiday and always great to meet up with other bloggers, most of my ‘real’ life friends these days have been met online. I hate the washing after a holiday, but like you have to do it as soon as I get home. Surprises me that Wales don’t require face masks to be worn, my mum lives just over the border and has been told in shops she’s not required to wear one, she says ‘thank you, but I’m choosing to wear it for a reason’