Home Lifestyle Project 366 Week 35 – We Finally Did It

Project 366 Week 35 – We Finally Did It

We’ve had a relaxing week in the run down to school starting. It’s a big year for us as Liv will get to embark on her Secondary school journey. It isn’t going to be the start we imagined, having had to digest a 16 page document on how the school will operate due to Covid-19 levels being high in our area, but the good news is that we can at least go back to school!

I’m sure I’m not the only one who is relieved that school’s are returning, it’s a little glimmer of ‘normal life’ especially as we edge ever closer to the end of the year. Can you believe we are almost in September?

The weather has been absolutely pants this week, but we have been out and about… so, let’s have a look at what we have been up to this week!

Project 366 Week 35 – We Finally Did It

Getting out and about

Well, we finally did it! On one of our walks along our favourite walking path we finally placed our painted stone on the Totty Snake! Can you spot which is ours?

The snake is finally due to be set in concrete to be preseved as a reminder of the community coming together during this crazy year! Alongside our own stone, we also spotted a few more favourites, included the pirate inspired stones below.

We spoke with the lovely ladies who are dedicating their time to ensuring the stones are well placed and maintained. Unfortunately their job is made slightly harder due to local muppets riding up and down on bikes thinking it’s hilarious to ride over the stones and also throw them into a gully. The mindless imbeciles clearly haven’t understood what the Totty Snake represents, hopefully one day they will grow up and show respect!

Along with the stones, we noticed that a local street artist has been featuring mental wellbeing messages on trees dotted along the path. The messages which are inprinted with nails really do stand out and make you stop and think when walking by.

Shopping trips

We’ve had a few shopping trips this week to collect last minute bits and bats for school and also the usual household necessities. I’m actually writing this post before heading out to Aldi for a food shop… on a Saturday night! How life has changed somewhat this year!

What we have been watching this week

We have been binge watching Below Deck, a sneaky peak into the lives of deck crew on mega yachts. I don’t even like the sea, but of to be a charter guest on one of those yachts! As with most reality TV shows, Below Deck features the usual arguments, back stabbing, gossiping and childish pranks. If you haven’t watched it yet, it’s a a true guilty pleasure.

Liv and I watched Karate Kid during lockdown, so Cobra Kai being released on Netflix has come at the right time. Featuring the same actors as the film, the series is awesome! I had heard of it before but never gave it a second thought, but both Liv and I are glad we gave it a try, the story is great with flashbacks to the Karate Kid film! I’ve recommended it to Karen as I reckon her boys would absolutely love it, though I believe she is still working her way through RHONY thanks to me too! 😉

How has your week been? Have you watched any binge worthy series?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Current Sim’s Life Giveaways
Win The Real Coco Chanel Book worth £20 – ends Sunday 30th August
Win Baylis & Harding Lemon Meringue goodies – ends Sunday 6th September

Win a family set of eco friendly Humble toothbrushes – ends Sunday 13th September

Kim Carberry August 29, 2020 - 8:53 pm

Good luck to Liv at secondary school. It sounds like the school are preparing well. We’ve had a bit of info on the website and that’s it.
The stones look fab and setting the snake in concrete is such a great idea. x

Erica Hughes August 30, 2020 - 9:29 am

Hope Liv settles well into secondary school. I must I’m dreading school returning because we will be back to early, hectic mornings again, but needs must eh? What a pity about the stones being messed about with – so unnecessary.

chickenruby August 30, 2020 - 9:39 am

I see a Smiths song on the trees and am now humming it over and over lol, shows my age. I love the idea that the rocks will be preserved, such a lovely idea, sad to hear about the muppets destroying parts of it though. Good luck with the Back to School/Off to new school

Claire August 31, 2020 - 3:28 pm

I really can’t get my head around the fact that it is September tomorrow!! It’s madness where this year has gone. You’d of thought given we’ve been stuck at home that it would have dragged but nope!

We had a snake locally but like yours, the local reprobates saw fit to destroy it! It has been saved and the council plan on making it a permanent feature.

Good luck next week with back to school x

Gemma August 31, 2020 - 7:10 pm

I loved Karate Kid (the 80s one) sooo much and wore out my vhs. I’ve been I enjoy a lot of K-dramas and have recently watched Hospital Playlist and It’s okay To Not Be Okay – highly recommend both.

Hope Liv loves year 7, such an exciting time.

Rebecca Smith August 31, 2020 - 10:31 pm

We’ve been binge watching the first half of the latest series of Lucifer! I keep meaning to check out Cobra Kai!

Rhian westbury September 1, 2020 - 12:22 pm

That’s so cool that the stone snake is being set in concrete to preserve. This week has been nice as we had my nan and auntie round our new house which was great as they’d never seen the house before. And we had a nice walk into town yesterday x

Kristine Nicole Alessandra September 1, 2020 - 1:26 pm

We are still on quarantine, and it just seems that I have accepted this as my “normal.” My grandson, nephews and nieces are now doing full online classes, which is something really new to them. Even if they get to “meet” their classmates through zoom meetings, I still think that these kids are missing out on socialization and active outdoor play. Anyway, as with everything else, I know this crisis is not forever. Someday we will be back to the way things were, but hopefully, we all come out wiser from the experience.

Yeah Lifestyle September 1, 2020 - 3:01 pm

It is such uncertain times and I guess this shows when you go out for walks. I have been seeing lots of rocks with positive messages dedicated to the NHS but not seen an mental wellbeing messages on the trees where I live. Do hope your Liv settles well in school.

Jenny September 1, 2020 - 8:01 pm

I watched Selling Sunset on Netflix in about a day, it was so good. I definitely need to find something else to binge on though.

Emma September 1, 2020 - 8:31 pm

Good luck to Liv! I have one starting at secondary this week too, it’s such a big step isn’t it? how are we at this stage of the year though?

Nichola - Globalmouse September 1, 2020 - 9:06 pm

I hope secondary school goes well, my eldest starts senior school tomorrow is really excited (and a bit nervous). I think it’s harder on the parents!

Emma T September 1, 2020 - 11:46 pm

Time’s whizzed by hasn’t it. I’m still finding things on Netflix, but hadn’t seen that. I’m not sure it’s something N would like, but it could be interesting to see the hints back to the films.

Fozia S September 4, 2020 - 3:31 pm

Good luck with secondary school!

Oh that is a shame that people are riding over the stones like that and throwing them. Such idiocy!

I have started watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) September 5, 2020 - 8:36 am

I love your painted stone on the Totty Snake and the pirate one. How lovely that it will be preserved. What a shame though that some people aren’t so appreciative of it. I like the mental wellbeing messages on the trees too. Good luck to Liv with starting secondary school. #project366

Cheryl Pasquier September 6, 2020 - 10:41 am

Awww how lovely that you’ve added your own stone to the walk and that’s such a good idea to set it in stone so that it can last. Bloody idiot kids trashing it – they really have no respect. Or intelligence. Surely there must be something more interesting that they can do with their time?! I’ve noted all your viewing suggestions as I’ve just finished watching all six seasons of The 100 and need to move on to something new ! Good luck to Liv at her new school 🙂

Galina V September 6, 2020 - 7:19 pm

Hope the first days at the secondary school went well for Liv. Glad to see you added your stone to the walk. Are they all varnished against the elements? Stupid kids on the bikes. I wonder if my son might enjoy the Karate Kid. We’ve just finished watching Locke & Key on Netflix, he likes supernatural series.

Karen Langridge September 6, 2020 - 10:58 pm

I love the M&M’s rock that might have to be my favourite, its the perfect shape for what they did with it! The mental wellbeing messages on the trees are such a good idea! Hopefully they will reach out to people in some way! No idea when I will get on to the next show, but mentally keeping track of all your recommendations. Watching an episode of Housewives now I will catch up eventually! x

S1m September 6, 2020 - 11:02 pm

I love it! Commenting and watching RHONY! 😉 You need to hurry up as my recommendations list is ever growing!x

Sean Langridge September 6, 2020 - 11:11 pm

Great rocks! Can’t believe how well your totty snake has done – shame about a few muppets! Hope Liv has a great start to school! Currently watching New Girl its one we watched years ago but never finished lol Also started the new series of Lucifer. The Boys season two has just dropped too which was quite a good series on Amazon!

Mudpie Fridays September 9, 2020 - 7:08 pm

We’ve been watching Scorpion we are on the second series it’s very cheesy and totally unbelievable but easy to watch. How lovely that the snake is going to be set in concrete. Hope the first days at secondary school has gone well x

Andale Seaworne September 10, 2020 - 10:47 am

Great that the school has proper SOPs. My college will start on Monday. OoOOo The rock with the sunflower is yours! The pirate rocks look amazing. Oh no, that is rude! Why would they do that? Cute messages on the tree. I love the Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith

Susan Mann September 11, 2020 - 10:25 am

Good luck to Liv at secondary school. She will boss it. It sounds like the school are preparing well. The stones look fab and setting the snake in concrete is such a great idea. I need to do some xx

WELCOME TO TRAFFIC JAM WEEKEND – Lisa Everyday Reads September 11, 2020 - 2:46 pm

[…] fall treat to make for family and friends.”     The post with the most views was PROJECT 366 WEEK 35 – WE FINALLY DID IT by Sim’s Life.     Thank you featured bloggers for sharing! Your posts will be […]

Kara September 12, 2020 - 2:48 pm

Such a shame the Totty snake is being abused by the local “yoof” – their behaviour drives me insane too here. Love that it is going to be set in concrete though and I love the tree art