Home Review How To Make Your Own Slime The Easy Way!

How To Make Your Own Slime The Easy Way!

Make your own slime

If I hear ‘Can we buy some Borax please?’ one more time, I will implode! The craze to make your own slime is everywhere and YouTube is awash with copious videos on the best way to make homemade slime… but surely there has to be an easier way than shopping for items you don’t even know! Does anyone know what Borax actually is?!

Fortunately there are easier ways to make your own slime, thanks to So Slime DIY from Canal Toys!

Make Your Own Slime

Liv was recently sent the Slime Factory set, part of a fantastic range of So Slime DIY products, that enable you to make your own slime, without the hassle of having to track down all the necessary ingredients.

Make Your Own Slime

The Slime Factory is a nifty piece of kit and includes:

10 x packs of slime powder
Packs of glitter and confetti (to mix in with your slime)
4 x surprise figurines (to also include in your slime to make it even more special and unique)
A tool and funnel (or a whisk thing as I like to call it)
3 x coloured slime containers, with added stickers to decorate them

How To Make Your Own Slime With The Slime Factory

It really could not be any easier to make your own slime and as expected, after setting up the Slime Factory with each item in its place, Liv had a quick read of the instructions and she was making slime in no time.

Simply mix water, powder and glitter together in the mixing container, whisk away for a few minutes and there you have it. No mess, no fuss and certainly no Borax! Well… there would be no mess if Liv had put paper down to catch glitter that never made it into the mixing container, though the dog was somewhat sparkly for a few days!

Make your own slime

The slime does need to be stirred a lot for it to become the perfect consistency and also make sure you keep it in an airtight container, otherwise it turns hard and not slime like at all!

The set includes metallic, neon and pastel slime powders, but as you can see, Liv combined a large proportion of the slime she made. The container pots are super cute and great to give slime as gifts in, which Liv did, much to make squeals. Can you tell I am not sold on the whole slime craze yet?!

Make Your Own Slime

The Slime Factory is aimed at children aged 6+ and for Liv this was perfect as it was simple and quick to use and she could crack on with making her own slime. There were a few occasions where I needed to take over the whisking process and in the end, the turning section of the whisk did snap off. Liv was using at the time and was so bitterly disappointed, but ended up still whisking with other implements.

Make Your Own Slime

Colourful, engaging and well made with the exception of the whisk tool (though Liv was probably using excessive force!), both Liv and I would totally recommend the Slime Factory. The set is awesome and the factory base keeps everything in one place, so it is very easy to store and keep tidy. You can purchase the Slime Factory from all good toy retailers, including Smyths for Β£19.99 RRP, which I find quite reasonable. There are more items in the So Slime DIY range too., including kits to make your own bath bombs!

Have you managed to successfully make your own slime?

make your own slime

Pin Me!

Claire Rocks June 12, 2018 - 9:24 am

My boys would love this! #triumphantales

Kim Carberry June 12, 2018 - 10:47 am

My girl would love this! She is CRAZY about slime….It is something else to add to her birthday list. hehehe x

S1m June 14, 2018 - 12:39 pm

It is such a fantastic set for a gift idea, I assure you, she will love it πŸ™‚ x

Jaki June 12, 2018 - 10:51 am

I honestly don’t know how I have avoided the question ‘Mummy can we make slime?’. Like most kids, mine is obsessed with the stuff. Maybe I got off lightly. This kit looks good though and is worth bearing in mind should I get asked the question! Thanks for sharing with #TriumphantTales.

S1m June 14, 2018 - 12:33 pm

You ave got off very lightly indeed! I am jealous! The kit is fantastic for slime fans and those that haven’t even joined the craze yet!x

Fiona Cambouropoulos June 12, 2018 - 11:39 am

What a great idea, everyone loves a bit of colourful slime. #TriedTested

S1m June 14, 2018 - 12:29 pm

Well, not everyone! I am certainly not as keen as Liv πŸ˜‰ It is a fabulous set though and great how easy it is to use!x

Bella at Dear Mummy Blog June 12, 2018 - 2:36 pm

It’s a great price for everything you get in the pack! We love making our own concoctions and this looks cool! #TriedTestedx

S1m June 14, 2018 - 12:23 pm

It’s a seriously reasonable price! Liv was totally engaged with it for ages πŸ™‚ It’s just a shame that the powders do run out eventually πŸ™ x

collette dunn June 12, 2018 - 2:47 pm

My seven year old twins are obsessed with slime and I haven’t a clue why! This kit looks fab, definitely something to put on the Christmas wish list #triumphnattales

S1m June 14, 2018 - 11:59 am

I have no idea what the obsession is either, reminds me of the fidget spinners craze… but slime is definitely more fun πŸ™‚ x

Kate June 12, 2018 - 5:54 pm

This looks brilliant! I’ve managed to not make it yet!

Kate xx

S1m June 14, 2018 - 11:55 am

You are very lucky! I have to buy washing up liquid more often that I would like!

Ali June 14, 2018 - 7:43 pm

Oh this is cool, my nephew’s birthday is coming up, and this would be just perfect for him!

S1m June 14, 2018 - 7:44 pm

It is a fantastic set for a birthday or dare I say it… Christmas gift! πŸ™‚ x

Jaime oliver June 14, 2018 - 8:13 pm

Im not the most confident at crafts and things so never made slime but this makes it look super easy! I might have to look at buying one of these sets for the kids

S1m June 14, 2018 - 8:31 pm

I am totally the same, it surprises me how creative Liv is – but even I could work this set and make actual slime, I was impressed πŸ™‚ x

Kellee June 14, 2018 - 11:27 pm

This would make a great gift for Nephews and Nieces this year. Although, that would mean I’ll be allocated the task of making it with them *yikes*

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:29 am

It is such a fantastic gift idea! It’s fun to use, you will enjoy it is you are roped in too πŸ˜‰ x

Sarah Bailey June 15, 2018 - 12:26 am

Ok how much fun does this look! Slime seems to be all the rage at the moment and I love the idea of being able to make your own before you get to play as well.

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:23 am

It is fun and even I joined in with the mixing, so much easier than finding separate ingredients and measuring out!x

Rhian Westbury June 15, 2018 - 6:21 am

I’ve seen these absolutely everywhere and kids really seem obsessed with this x

Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too June 15, 2018 - 6:40 am

I’ve put off making slime with the children as I never have all the ingredients together or am worried about the mess. I love that this has everything that you need, plus doesn’t look too messy

Michaela June 15, 2018 - 7:41 am

I’m so glad Heidi hasn’t asked me to make this, I can’t handle the texture. But it’s a good idea to make it yourself #PoCoLo

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:06 am

I cannot stand the texture either, that’s what puts me off but Liv absolutely loves it πŸ™‚ x

Kara Guppy June 15, 2018 - 8:36 am

Eliza would love this, she keeps begging me to make slime

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:04 am

This is the perfect set, all you need to do is add water (and the included glitter) πŸ™‚ x

Tracey Bowden June 15, 2018 - 9:10 am

I think (hope) we are just coming out of the make your slime phase and keeping to bought stuff now. But I think if I show Olivia this she will start up all over again! She would definitely have loved to have something like this and so would I having been on the borax hunt more than once #pocolo

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:03 am

You are so lucky πŸ™‚ We are definitely still in the slime stage but the Slime Factory has certainly kept Liv busy πŸ™‚ x

michelle twin mum June 15, 2018 - 9:57 am

This looks a good idea for families that like it easy and everything to come in the one box. My girls still adore slime making. Mich x

S1m June 15, 2018 - 10:02 am

Liv has attempted to make slime, but we never seem to have the right ingredients in the house – for me especially, this is so much easier and can easily be tidied away, bonus πŸ˜‰ Your slime is awesome, Liv has watched the videos xx

Louisa June 15, 2018 - 1:25 pm

Laughing at the thought of a glittery dog! My girls would love this. At the moment their rooms are full of tupperware boxes filled with slime. I can’t see this craze dying down any time soon so might as well embrace it! #pocolo

Donna @ Little Lilypad Co June 15, 2018 - 10:33 pm

I actually hate slime but my daughters LOVE it!!! This looks considerably less messy than the attempts we have had and less mess definately gets a thumbs up from me.

mummy here and there June 16, 2018 - 12:09 pm

my son’s love slime so great easy recipe to follow, thanks for sharing X #pocolo

Jade Bremner June 16, 2018 - 8:38 pm

My son would like this. We have tried and failed at so many recipes I’ve followed exact measurements with exact products and followed the video but still no slime.

MELANIE EDJOURIAN June 16, 2018 - 9:52 pm

This is really something that my children would love. They really are obsessed with slime at the moment and keep going on about me buying it or ingredients to make it.

Ali - We Made This Life June 17, 2018 - 1:04 pm

We have tried so many slime recipes, with various degrees of success, a kit like this sounds like a great idea and I’m sure all kids would love it as a gift

Jenny June 17, 2018 - 3:02 pm

I’ve only once attempted to make slime because all the teachers in my school were making it in their classes…from Borax. There I was at home attempting a trial batch and I read what is in Borax…and the warning label. My class did not even up making slime as I couldn’t find an alternative I was comfortable using. This might be a good idea though. My two love play dough (I’m not so keen!) but it keeps them busy.

Emily Leary June 18, 2018 - 9:22 am

This looks like fun. There are quite a few recipes about for slime without using borax as one of the main ingredients but this product looks ideal as kids can set to work and make it without too much adult supervision (I know just what you mean about glitter!). My 6 year old would love it although it’s a shame about the whisk.

Claire June 18, 2018 - 11:16 am

My Daughter would love this. She is into all the slimes and squashie things πŸ™‚ #PoCoLo

Dean June 18, 2018 - 4:19 pm

This looks like hours of fun! Thank you for sharing with us at #MMBH

Stephanie 139a June 22, 2018 - 10:38 pm

Ha! the sparkly dog made me smile πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo