Home Fashion Spring/Summer Fashion At The New M&S St Helens Store

Spring/Summer Fashion At The New M&S St Helens Store

Spring/Summer Fashion At The New M&S St Helens Store

As a mum, shopping trips are never cut and dry and we tend to get overlooked, so when Marks and Spencer invited me to check out their new store in St Helens which opened in March, I jumped at the chance! Finally, some dedicated me time and the chance to check out the new Spring/Summer 2019 clothing range!

Based at the Ravenhead Retail Park, the store is very easy to locate, with oodles of parking, whether directly outside the store, or around the retail park.
I had the most amazing time in the store, read on to find out why M&S St Helens Ravenhead Retail Park has everything you need for the Bank Holiday season.

Marks and Spencer St Helens

Walking into the store, you immediately notice how spacious, light and airy the layout of the store is, with plenty of room to walk around the clothes on offer. This is exactly what you want when on a clothes shopping mission and you find yourself falling in love with most items! The M&S Spring/Summer 2019 collection is really refreshing, there really is something for all tastes… and ages!

M&S St Helens

M&S St Helens

I particuarly liked this collection of t-shirts – funky, bold and perfect for summer. The t-shirts come in a range of styles, from straight fit, relaxed, fitted and more and are all made from responsibly sourced cotton. All are very reasonbly priced too, with the white and coloured lines ‘Weekend’ t-shirt ringing in at £6.50!

M&S fashion Spring Summer 19

M&S Holiday range

The ‘Holiday’ section was positively brimming with swim and beachwear for all shapes and sizes!

M&S shoes

M&S dress

This dress is so on trend right now – perfect for any holidays you may have planned and with simply adding a denim jacket, can easily be transformed into a night time outfit.

What were my picks at the Marks and Spencer St Helens store?

I live in jeans, they are my absolute wardrobe staple and will dress up or casually, depending on whether I need a day or night time outfit. With the help of Imogen who works on the visuals side, we made our way through the store, checking out the range to find what would suit me. I think I tend to stick to the same look as it is what I feel comfortable with, though after losing weight following the Keto lifestyle, it was time for a change… and time to show off the curves! We felt a trip to the M&S cafe which is on the first floor (alongside menswear and childrenswear) and overlooks the retail park would be a great start. Offering lots of yummy menu options, I stayed true to form with a black coffee, the tea-cake unfortunately wasn’t mine, but did look mouthwateringly good!

M&S St Helens Cafe

The cafe, just like the rest of the store has a light and airy feel to it and despite the number of shoppers dining, it was relatively quiet (and super clean!), making it the perfect starting point for the day!

M&S St Helens cafe

After refreshments, Imogen and I set off to explore the store and quickly found ourselves laden with clothes to try on. Struggling for hanging space in the changing rooms, the fun started… but what would suit and would I be surprised?

M&S Weekend Tshirt

The ‘Weekend’ t-shirt was always a given, it is totally my style and I loved the fit. The sculpt & lift, mid rise & skinny jeans (£35) which I had chosen from a range of styles… and names, were deemed too baggy at this stage and it was time to venture into the next size down from the jeans I walked in wearing! Cue huge amounts of surprise!

M&S Oh My Tshirt

Not the greatest tshirt for a selfie, but I simply could not resist the ‘Oh My’ straight fitted tshirt (£6.50) – it certainly does the talking when I can’t! The straight fit gives more scope for how you wear the tshirt, allowing you to hinch one side up into jeans to give your outfit a more relaxed look.

St. Helen's M&S Shirt

I do love a good shirt – such a simple item can be formal or smart casual and can easily be transformed from a day look into a night look. The texture of this shirt (£29.50) is what made it stand out from being a plain look. Light and comfortable to wear, it is perfect for summer evenings.

I had been on the search for the perfect Spring/Summer jacket that would just go with ‘everything’. Thinking along the lines of a denim jacket, but not wanting the traditional blue as there are very few who can pull off the double denim look, my search halted immediately when I laid eyes on this gorgeous dusky pink denim jacket (£35). Crafted from pure (responsibly sourced) cotton, the jacket is soft to the touch and superbly comfortable when worn.

M&S pink denim jacket

I may well have stuck with my favoured look, but I loved everything that I tried on and that’s what is important to me. If I feel comfortable wearing an outfit then I project that.

I walked into the Marks and Spencer store in St. Helen’s not knowing what to expect and walked out over the moon. Not only had I chosen some on trend key pieces that will see me through Spring, Summer and beyond (we all know M&S clothes wash and keep well!), I had also been pleasantly surprised by the sizings which gave me a massive confidence boost. You can check out my Spring/Summer shopping haul in full at the Sim’s Life Instagram account alongside stories of the trip in the highlights section.

Most importantly though, I had so much fun, with huge thanks to Imogen who was my buddy for the day, offering fantastic style advice and making it feel like I was shopping with a friend! The staff in the store are all so super friendly and want you to enjoy your time in their store, so are on hand if you need advice or pointing in the right direction.

Follow my Keto Lifestyle journey.
Follow Sim’s Life on social channels Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

M&S St Helens

Disclosure: A huge thank you to M&S for the opportunity to visit their new St Helens store based at the Ravenhead Retail Park and for gifting me the clothes featured in this post – I may have treated myself to some extra, it had to be done! 😉

M&S Spring Summer fashion

Zena Crumbleholme April 24, 2019 - 5:03 pm

Some really nice items here and you suit them all, going to be having a trip to M&S this weekend before my holiday!

S1m April 24, 2019 - 9:23 pm

Thank you lovely! 🙂 I do believe you owe yourself – the holiday and beachwear collection is amazing, I spied a few peices that would suit you! Definitely worth a trip this weekend!xx

Jenny @thebrickcastle April 24, 2019 - 6:36 pm

Awww you do look great. I’d never have guessed that lot was M&S. I’ve always loved their school trousers because they will last my boys 3 years between them. I’d only have gone for posh grown up clothes though, I wouldn’t have considered it for everyday before now 🙂

S1m April 24, 2019 - 9:22 pm

Thank you so much chick! 🙂 I know, the Spring/Summer collection is amazing, I was amazed to find so many things that I personally liked! I know everyone has different tastes and some will not like what I have chosen, but there is no denying that the tshirts are very ‘me’! That jacket though, I am in love, it is so soft! The M&S school uniform is fantastic quality, it is well worth paying a little extra for something that will actually last the school year!xx

MELANIE EDJOURIAN April 25, 2019 - 10:20 am

Love your choices. M&S have some great items in store. The Weekend T-shirt and straight fitted T-shirt are my favourites from your choices. The blue T is really well priced too!

S1m April 25, 2019 - 11:10 am

Thank you so much! I couldn’t believe the prices, the quality is outstanding and the tshirts will last – very reasonable indeed! I love the Weekend tshirt too, so clean and fresh… we just need the sun to return now! 🙂 x

Natasha Mairs April 26, 2019 - 9:43 am

I never think to look in M&S when clothes shopping. I always seem to think of it for older women. But I really like that Hola t-shirt and the black floral dress with the denim jacket is so pretty

S1m April 26, 2019 - 10:07 am

I was totally in the same mind set, however I was really very pleasantly surprised! I love the jeans too – total creature of habit so don’t tend to change the brand I go for, but I love the fit… and the sizing! 🙂 x

Kacie Morgan April 26, 2019 - 2:42 pm

The new spring/summer collection at M&S looks gorgeous. Loving these floral prints and I really love a good denim jacket as it just goes with anything.

S1m April 26, 2019 - 3:49 pm

So many lovely items in the collection and I really liked the maxi dress/ denim jacket combo! Perfect for summer! 🙂 x

kirsty April 26, 2019 - 7:59 pm

I love the style and fit of the sculpt skinny jeans, I am like you a live in jeans and tees and the collection of tees that you have tried one are beautiful. I love the ‘weekend’ tee for the simple logo and colour strips and the way the ‘oh my’ straight fitted tee sits and fits. I’ll need a trip to M&S now for some new additions to the wardrobe!

S1m April 26, 2019 - 8:21 pm

Awwww thank you! I am seriously in love with all the tshirts – I was really surprised at how many funky designs there were, the collection for Spring/Summer is fantastic and suitable for all age ranges. The Oh My Tshirt is so comfy to wear, all the different fits are easily marked out, making choosing the right size easier too. Definitely worth a trip down there for a wardrobe re-fresh for the warmer weather! 🙂 x

claire April 26, 2019 - 8:52 pm

I always shop in M and S for my little one but haven’t really considered going in there for me. I love those slogan t-shirts though so may venture into my local store to take a look!

S1m April 26, 2019 - 8:59 pm

The kids range is always fantastic and so well made – the adults range is just as fantastic and so reasonably priced. The tshirts are all made from responsible cotton too which is very reassuring, definitely worth a shopping trip!x

Louise April 27, 2019 - 3:12 pm

I love shopping at M&S. They have some gorgeous pieces for both me and the kids 🙂

Louise x

S1m April 28, 2019 - 11:26 am

Definitely! For Liv, it is a go to for clothes that will last the test of time, but I never imagined there would be so many items that I loved for me. All so reasonably priced too… is it wrong to say I am already looking forward to the Autumn/Winter collection?! 😉 x

Tracey Bowden April 27, 2019 - 9:25 pm

I am always surprised at how nice the clothes are at M&S. you picked some lovely items #pocolo

Anosa April 28, 2019 - 7:30 am

I love M&S and their clothes plus their cafe is lovely too after a long day of shopping. The items you picked are absolutely lovely.

S1m April 28, 2019 - 11:24 am

Thank you so much, I am still very much in love with my picks! The cafe was absolutely lovely, I couldn’t get over how relaxed it was and the food looked superb… if I was eating carbs I would have plumped for a fish finger butty! 🙂 x

Gail April 28, 2019 - 9:49 am

You’re very lucky to have a new M&S when some of their stores are closing! I love the Oh My ! t-shirt – I went to M&S in Marble Arch yesterday and picked up a couple of tops, but didin’t see that one. Great to see you in the #WowOnWednesday link up!

S1m April 28, 2019 - 11:23 am

The people of St. Helen’s are certainly lucky – not so local for me unfortunately! However, the store has only relocated from the town centre to a newly built store on the Ravenhead Retail Park. A genius move as there is parking directly outside the store and fantastic public transport links. If you don’t see an item in store, definitely check out M&S online as the t-shirt is definitely available there. Hope you are having a great weekend! 🙂

Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too April 28, 2019 - 5:18 pm

I always look in M&S for the children’s clothing, however, I tried their jeggings range a few months ago and I’m now hooked

S1m April 29, 2019 - 12:20 pm

I did have a good look at their jeggings range and I was really impressed – lovely range of colours too. Try and stick to jeggings over Autumn/Winter so will definitely be back to stock up! 🙂 x

stephanie 139a May 2, 2019 - 10:17 pm

I think M&S still have some good items, sadly I think they’re fewer than previously but they’re not as bad as some (and the press) make out. I still buy staples/classics there and when they have something good, it’s very good – and I tend to get a couple and in all colours! Love some of their T shirts this year too, thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Susan Mann May 10, 2019 - 11:00 am

You look amazing. What a fab store. It looks so swish. I really like the weekend rainbow top and those dresses look great. xx

S1m May 10, 2019 - 11:05 am

Awww bless you, thank you chick! I totally love the Weekend t-shirt, fantastic price too! The store is so lovely and new, a fab place to look around 🙂 xx