Home Keto Top Tips For Keto Meal Options When Eating Out

Top Tips For Keto Meal Options When Eating Out

Keto Meal Options

Where to eat when on the Keto Diet

You may well have put weeks of research into finding the right diet or lifestyle before you actually start. However social occasions are something that can easily be overlooked. A few weeks in and you have a routine and suddenly you receive an invite to dine out. If you are following the Keto Lifestyle, you may assume that eating out is hard due to sauces and glazes that are drizzled over and used to marinate, but fear not… you always have Keto meal options when eating out.

I’ve been following Keto for a little over two months now, with a whopping loss of 25lbs so far, ever so close to a two stone loss! I have been strict with regards to keeping my carb intake well below 20g for the most part but in the time have also been on holiday as well as eating out too and still not been knocked out of ketosis.

Check out my Easy To Make Keto Recipes on Sim’s Life

Ever wondered about your Keto Meal Options When Eating Out? Most restaurants do cater for Keto well, but here are a few of my tried and tested favourites…

Top Tip: Never be afraid to ask a server to adapt Keto meal options, they are always happy to accommodate!

Keto Friendly Restaurants UK

Keto Meal Option One

Keto Meal Options Pizza Express

Pizza Express

It may sound like torture entering a restaurant predominantly offering pizza and pasta dishes, however the Chicken Caeser Salad can easily be adapted to be more ‘keto friendly’. After a recent Writing Workshop event visit to a local Pizza Express, a simple mention of ‘Keto’ and the manager knew exactly what I was talking about without having to explain, which was fantastic! With an overload of chicken, cheese and salad, simply ask for no croutons and sauce on the side. I prefer the salad without the anchovies, however they are Keto friendly, much preferring olives instead. Order Keto food in Pizza Express is easy!

Keto Meal Option Two

Keto Meal Options TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays

Before visiting a few weeks ago I had researched the menu in advance and was a little disheartened. Every meal option seemed to feature a Jack Daniel’s glaze, making my stomach rumble with anticipation. On the day I decided on ordering the cheeseburger, with no bun, no fries but extra cheese and salad instead. This was not a problem and as you can see, it really was a plateful of food, the amount of salad shocked everyone!

Keto Meal Option Three

Keto Meal Options

It really does pay to speak with a restaurant to discuss Keto Meal options before arriving. Giving them a head start on potential meal suggestions to offer means you may be pleasantly surprised! When booking a table in a local bistro for a birthday meal, it gave the chef some time to come up with this wonderful meal option of a bacon cheeseburger topped with fried egg, lamb kofta kebabs and feta cheese salad. It was absolutely spot on and I am so glad I spoke with the bistro beforehand.

Keto Meal Option Four

Keto Meal Options

Buffalo Grill

Ok, so this is actually a French restaurant chain, however it shows the basics of Keto meal options can be applied anywhere! Sticking with a burger/ steak hache (or doubling up on occasion), cheese, bacon and salad will hit most of your macro points and you will feel better for having had a meal out too! I found most restaurants in France offer bottled water as soon as you are seated and most also offer Coke Zero too.

Keto Meal Option Four

Keto Meal Options Kebab

Ordering keto food from an Indian Takeaway

There are always meat options available at Indian takeaways and a mixed grill is one of the easiest options to choose. Otherwise another treat option is a kebab – choose your desired meat(s), with or without salad. I opt for some garlic mayonnaise for the sauce option and our local takeaway offers a ‘special’ which features all the meats and is a meal fit for a King!

Keto Meal Option Five

Ordering Keto food from a Chinese Restaurant

This is not an option I have tried yet, but your easiest Keto Meal Option is Foo Young (omelette) – great for those days when you need a protein boost!

Eating out whilst following Keto is not hard at all, just make sure you are prepared, research in advance and don’t be scared to ask the server for recommendations and meal adaptations. If you are interested in the Keto lifestyle you can follow more on the Sim’s Life Keto journeyΒ and keto meal options, also check out the latest Manchester Mummy keto focused review of The Courthouse.

Follow Sim’s Life on social channels Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

Keto Meal Options

Pin Me

Jaki April 17, 2018 - 8:53 pm

I’ve lost weight through ketosis before and it just dropped off. It’s something I might look into again. I’m spurred to keep going when I see results and this method always works for me. This is really handy. Thanks for sharing with #TriumphantTales, hope to see you again next week!

S1m April 18, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Thank you Jaki! I have only ever tried Keto shake diets before and missed food terribly. The Keto lifestyle suits me perfectly, I only wish I had tried it sooner! No more shakes πŸ™‚ The results are crazy, the weight simply falls off! Sim x

GiGi Eats April 17, 2018 - 10:38 pm

SUCH GREAT TIPS!!!! I am a keto eater and I know my way around a restaurant for sure, but so many people out there don’t and get too scared to eat out thus lose interest in sticking with the keto lifestyle!

S1m April 18, 2018 - 12:32 pm

Thank you so much! Keto is awesome, I only wish I had started on the lifestyle sooner! I think people do get scared of eating out due to not wanting to be fussy, but restaurants are more than happy to cater to diets these days πŸ™‚ Hope you are enjoying Keto as much as I am πŸ™‚ x

Laura Dove April 17, 2018 - 11:37 pm

Great tips! I am gluten free and struggle with eating out already so I worry about adding in any additional dietary requirements, This is so helpful!

S1m April 18, 2018 - 12:31 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ Never be afraid to ask! It’s easy to forget there are carbs in most food items πŸ™ x

Rhian Westbury April 19, 2018 - 1:04 pm

It’s good that there’s some decent chain restaurants that you can eat at, I do love Pizza Express x

S1m April 19, 2018 - 7:13 pm

Absolutely, it would be horrendous if I couldn’t eat out on keto, but fortunately it’s easy to arrange minimal carb meals πŸ™‚

Bethany April 19, 2018 - 5:20 pm

Ive heard about this and never really understood it or whether it was β€˜healthy’
However this was so helpful in understanding what this diet is.

S1m April 19, 2018 - 7:11 pm

There is so much behind the lifestyle, I had to swat up for weeks before I finally took the plunge. There are lots of reported health benefits on Keto – I just wish I had started it sooner!

Yeah Lifestyle April 19, 2018 - 9:12 pm

These are fabulous tips on following a Keto diet even and still being able to eat out or enjoy a take-away. Keto is new to me but I am loving every aspect of it.

Lindsay Troncone April 20, 2018 - 6:58 am

What amazing tips! I feel like I was so uneducated on this diet- thanks for the info!

Lauretta at Home and Horizon April 20, 2018 - 1:15 pm

I heard a lot of good stuff about keto diet. I’m thinking of trying this soon. These are awesome tips and I’m more eager to go with keto diet now.

Helen at Casa Costello April 20, 2018 - 2:26 pm

What a brilliant idea for a post – Because we go away most weekends for comps, I eat out sooo much (Not as luxurious as I used to think it was!). I’ve never thought of asking for meals to be adapted for special diets. Thanks for the inspiration x

Jade Bremner April 20, 2018 - 7:12 pm

I’ve never heard of keto so not to sure what the rules are. I have to change my diet but until I’ve spoken to my doctor I can’t do anything. It’s glad that restaurants will adapt though x

Kara April 20, 2018 - 7:57 pm

I am not sure I could have a salad without the dressing – that’s the best bit!! Well done on the weight loss though

S1m April 20, 2018 - 8:14 pm

You can still have mayo, garlic mayo and caeser dressing, it’s just easier to have on the side so you can apply it instead πŸ˜‰ x

Stephanie 139a April 24, 2018 - 9:54 pm

I’d not heard of keto before now but it sounds interesting – but also a bit tortuous for me – but you’re right weeks of research usually precedes anything like this for me. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Keto Diet May 6, 2018 - 3:57 am

These are very helpful tips.
Thank you!

Ali June 14, 2018 - 7:49 pm

I totally knew NOTHING about this, it’s fascinating!!

S1m June 14, 2018 - 8:32 pm

I only wish I had known about Keto sooner – I love this way of life and it is so easy to fit in with everyday life, plus, I can eat bacon and scrambled egg every day πŸ™‚ x